Womens Running

Raindrops keep falling on my Saturdaily and Sundaily (Read 13 times)

Rainy weekend here!  How about for you?

Easy 4 yesterday, taking a break today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

From yesterday:

Karen, that's a great idea to go spend some time with your mom.  I'm sure she'd appreciate the company and help.

HCK, a spring HM could be fun.  Which HM?  Never mind, just saw that it's Salisbury.  The course looks pretty.

LC, brrr, it sounds cold there!  I'm also opting for mid-day runs when possible since it gets dark so darn early.

Damaris, glad the migraine went away.  Ugh on serial BK abusers.

Today, I'm going to brave the rain to hit the farmer's market, which I never visit because I'm usually running on Saturday morning.  There's a book sale at the library, so I might hit that as well.  Then going to my dad's house to help him decorate for Christmas.  We don't put any decorations up, other than outside lights and some lights on a big potted plant in the dining room, so I don't mind doing his.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning and happy weekend! Warm and cloudy here, hopefully rain overnight which will make tomorrow morning 15-20 degrees cooler. So today is my rest day and tomorrow I will run. Still not far, but probably a little farther than the 4-5 I've been doing.

So obviously my dad left everything to my mom (or was already jointly owned), but he apparently had a small life insurance policy with the three kids as beneficiaries. Not a lot of money - now that I see how much a funeral and everything costs, probably enough to pay for everything if both parents had died. Anyway, my sister made a comment about thinking about how Dad would want her to use the money, which got me thinking. I don't want to just add it to the bank account and spend it on regular bills and stuff. Before his lung disease, my parents used to travel a lot. And we idd some pretty good family trips when I was a kid. I think I will use that money to fund some trips, and also to have on hand for friends that need help, fundraisers, etc. I am now thinking a lot more seriously about going to Alaska this summer and running the marathon with Lisa, Tessa and anyone else thinking about it (Margaret? Pickles? Carol?). Planning an impromptu camping trip in Jan/Feb to Big Bend, then west. Definitely doing the cousin reunion we're planning for next summer. And maybe (if she'll do it) taking a page from Kathryn's book and finding a trip to do with my mom. Also, going home more often.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

5 miles for me. Run was good though my air pods died at mile 4 and I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out what wasn't working.

Just hanging around today, trying to get my holiday lists completed. Need to make a trip to the store at some point this weekend to get stocking stuff, etc.

Margaret- cloudy and chilly here but not terrible   Enjoy your day today!

Karen - using the money for travel sounds like a great plan!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! Ran 5 on the TM watching the first half of the ENG v FRA match. Heading to a Xmas party at my friend's house later.

Karen, I think he would prefer if you enjoy the money like you said, rather than use it to pay stuff.

Margaret, it's rainy and yucky here too.

Laura, nice 5.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got my oil changed for "free". I usually wait for the car. They told me an hour. Ok, I can do that. It took almost 2.5 hours. Not cool. So they didn't charge me, but I still spent 2.5 hours waiting. And there were people in the waiting area coughing without bothering to cover their mouths. Ugh. Didn't bother with a test drive. May need to give the other Subaru dealer another try. Basically dealer 1 pissed us off when we first went there and they had the most indifferent sales people ever. Usually they pounce before you get out of your car, these didn't and took forever to get us se up with a test drive. So I bought the car at dealer 2. The sales part was fine. Their service department has not been good. At least I don't drive a lot so the 7500 miles between oil chages is several months. 6 miles once I got home with intervals and then strength training.

GatsbyBird, enjoy the farmer's market. What produce is in season there? Citrus?

AnonymousGuest, that sounds like a niec use of the money.

LCRuns, always a challenge when tech stuff stops working.

Docket, nice 5!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lifted.

HCK, ugh!

Damaris

HCK, all the usual stuff is still available, like lettuce, kale, chard, broccoli, spinach, carrots, onions, etc. plus there are other vendors like bread and bakery goods, Indian food, tamales, coffee, and seafood.  Today was the last day of the farmers market for the season. It was raining hard, I think last weekend would have been a better finish date. 

Karen, good idea about using the money for something meaningful. I’m a maybe for Alaska. I’m torn between two midnight sun marathons on 6/17/23: the one in Anchorage and another one in Tromso, Norway. I think DH would prefer Norway. 

LC, hope the Christmas lists are coming together. Hopefully no one is in the naughty list. 

Damaris, good WC matches today, even though I was rooting for England. 

I decided not to drive up to my dad’s house today. Too stormy, will do that tomorrow.  I did get a few books at the book sale and saw Santa there. For the kids, not the book sale shoppers, I assume.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi ladies.  Been having a grand time.  Have met some awesome folks (and a few duds.).  We’ve visited the bigger cities of Hanoi, Saigon, and Phnom Penh as well and lots of small towns/villages. I’ve enjoyed taking people pics which I don’t normally do.  Everyone is open to it.  Even the parents are good with pics of their kids.   Feels strange, but I’ve gotten better at it.  Food has mostly been on the ship and has been great.  We have had the opportunity to eat out a few times and have enjoyed it.  The weather has has been great.  Only a sprinkle twice.  There are two more full days let of the tour, then I’m off to Thailand on my own.  We shall see…

Hope you’re all well.  I’ve been intermittently skimming only.  We are on a bus now heading to our last stop.  

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Woke up just now after my BFF's XMas party. It does not help that she lives on the other side of Indy so driving took time. I have 8 later.

Margaret, I like England too and by now I'm rooting for underdogs like Morocco. I feel like the best teams did well in the first round and then just gave up thinking they were safe.

Kat, love your pictures and glad you are having a great time.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Finally a little cooler today. I ran 7 miles and it felt good.

I’m torn between two midnight sun marathons on 6/17/23: the one in Anchorage and another one in Tromso, Norway.

That is a tough decision. The good part is either decision is an awesome trip and race.

HCK, that sounds like a frustrating experience. I hate dealing with car stuff, and it's even worse when it takes forever.

Laura, hope you get all (or at least most) of your list done so you can relax and enjoy the holidays!

Kathryn, your pictures have been amazing. I hope Thailand is a blast.

Damaris, I'd be sleeping in too if I went to a party last night, especially with a long drive. Well, I'd be trying to. The fellas would have other ideas...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, nice 7. Hershey started meowing at 10am to wake us up. I suspect he did it at 8am too but we were zoned out.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Had to switch to personal laptop as apparently my work laptop hates this site, haha.

Rain? What rain? We had insane snowfall this week that almost paralyzed traffic, and now that the streets/pedestrian walkways are at least SOMEWHAT in order, we have orange/red warning for tomorrow & Tuesday due to ANOTHER, even BIGGER snowfall, hahaha, omg. I did my intervals this Thursday on approx half-mile long straight that had about 2 inches of snow - as that was by far the best place to do it. The local quarter-mile track? All snow showed from soccer field onto the lanes. ALL OF IT. I'm talking piles two-thirds my size. Ok, rant over!

Really sorry for England. When the game started I was really 50/50 on who I want to win, but as soon Kane stepped for that 2nd penalty shot... I thought - it would be too painful to see ENG eliminated due to penalty miss again. Before the shot they showed David Beckham who was in the VIP zone, even he couldn't watch... And then Kane shot it in the sky. You couldn't write this script.

Well, but I bet 20EUR on Morocco beating Spain, which returned 48EUR of net profit. So, yay.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 on the treadmill because it was cold and rainy.

GatsbyBird,  sounds like a nice selection of stuff at the market.