Womens Running

Valentine's Day / Galentine's Day / Ash Wednesday Daily (Read 12 times)

Pick your activity!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Since my DH is away and I don't do church things, It's Galentine's Day for me.  Happy to be here celebrating with you.

Easy 6 yesterday with strides, and hill repeats on the schedule today.  Also going to be rainy today.  Not sure if I'll get out to run before that happens.   Oh well.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have to be in the office solely for this fucking virtual training. But hey, 3 miles after work.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Solotine Day for me.  No girls other than you all.

On the eclipse, the San Antonio area and Hill Country are one of the best places in the country apparently to view.  Mostly Hill Country, but I have read the specific area of SA I work in will be prime too.  Of course I work that day.  Most is over our lunch hour, but I asked to block time off to watch it.

Ankle is still off, gets super tired after working all day.  Hoping for some walks tomorrow/Friday.

Conference in Vegas Sat-Sat.  The conference itself is Sun-Wed, but I have to get there Sat and am staying extra to visit with Mom till the following Sat.  Hoping for some Strip miles.

Damaris, what an UTTER PITA.

Margaret, hope it stays dry for you.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5k for me today.

Hubby is trying to teach himself how to play guitar. He sent me a video of himself playing a small song he made up on it for Valentine's Day.  It was adorable. Of course, I forgot to get him something

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with intervals before work. DH and I have an exciting evening of Costco and dinner.

GatsbyBird, hope it stays dry for you.

Docket, that is so fucking stupid. I really like what the virtual meeting apps have done, it winds up being a big time saver for me. In the past, I've had to drive to other campuses for training on some things. Now, I can pop on teams and it is so much easier on training follow up because I just have people share their screen and I can figure out the issue.

KatS, Vegas Strip running is amusing in the early morning. The people watching is something else. Last time we were there, I had to use the bathroom and was walking into Luxor behind 2 girls who were either "working" or coming home from a night of partying. My 3 inch running shorts were longer than their dresses.

Anonymous Guest

6 miles this morning. Was a pretty good run. First 5k group run tonight - it's a one-mile time trial so no running involved for me, just encouraging and timing. Procrastinating on a trip to the grocery store right now.

We have over 4 minutes of totality here for the eclipse. Apparently hotels have all been sold out for months, although I can't imagine why people would come here. I read an article yesterday about a couple that was going to open up their 10 acres for people to park the day of the eclipse. Not until the very end did it mention they were charging $150/car!

Valentine's Day - I guess I'm getting new back brakes in the van? DH has been out in the garage a couple hours already.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, that's cute of your hubby!  Have a FAB time in Cuba!!!

Kathi, too funny on the skirt.  I was in Vegas several years ago and needed to pee so bad (We were hashing...) and running on the strip with virtually no time to step away for an official restroom.  I hid behind bushes right on the strip.  I still cringe.

Karen, cool on the time of totality.  We are very lucky that our clinic is just in the path and will get a touch under 2 minutes.  Have fun with your group tonight.

Planning my conference out.  I can get up to about 40 hours of CE.  HELL NO!  I am required to get 17, but will sit for 21-23 probably.  I can carry over 17 hours.  No way can I sit 8 hours a day.  ETA - I am choosing classes based on location...  I am  NOT walking all over creation to go up, down, over and across every hour.  It is over 3 floors.  No thanks.  At least all of my choices I have an interest in.  Sort of...

Off tomorrow (nails) and Friday (tattoo) and leave Saturday.

Cheers!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024