Womens Running

No Longer Workin' For The Weekendailies Sue! (Read 12 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

ENJOY!!!!

Post Ladies

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I am though, and I am working today!  Bah.  But I have Sunday off.

Got a FAB 6.7 in yesterday.  Though it is slow to you all, since I am just starting to incorporate running again, it was speedy for me!  I ran just about 1/3 of my miles from start to finish!  Felt great after.

Tomorrow I have 8+ on the books.  I might leave it at 8 which is what is on my schedule as that will already put me 3 over my scheduled miles.  I need to try to start early as I have a friend doing a bike race and would like to go see her finish.  Not sure I'll make it in time as it's an hour away.  She will be riding for somewhere between 28 & 33 hours.  At least that is her guesstimate. She is a BEAST.  She was a hard core ultra runner but has some issue (I think still unknown) that causes her to fracture more easily and the running is hard on her, though she is trying again.

Had a work meeting on Wednesday which went really well.  The other dr and I compromised on the schedule.  It isn't ideal for either of us, but isn't bad like it is currently for me.  Plus it really benefits the hospital immensely.  We had a nice chat after too.

Toodles and enjoy your weekend all.

K

Anonymous Guest

Good morning, all! 

Congratulations Susan! Welcome to the world of “what day is this.”

That was an awesome run yesterday Kat. 

I am hanging out with the dogs all day while DH does an off-road group thing in his Jeep. Probably get a lot of reading done. I did get 6 miles in yesterday. Didn’t plan on that many but kept taking different trails that didn’t get me back to where I wanted to go - thought I might have to overland it. It is beautiful here (Palo Duro Canyon) but it has been windy. I guess expected heading west in TX but geez. We did wear out the dogs yesterday. Riley normally gets me up at the crack of dawn, today Mike woke up and it was already 7:30,

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 18 on the TM because we have fucking winds again.

Sue, congrats and happy birthday!

Kat, nice run. Enjoy Easter off.

Karen, enjoy the doggie day.

Damaris

I have no plans for this weekend, and I'm enjoying it immensely.  DH and I had a nice evening yesterday.  Went out for a glass of wine and jazz at a local cafe.  The place is a hole in the wall but it gets great musicians because its founder was well known in the jazz world.  He passed away last year, but fortunately Friday jazz at the cafe is still going strong.  I did 6 easy miles this morning and met up with DH for coffee after.  Then did some yard work.  Now contemplating whether it's too early for a G&T on the porch.

Kat, you know pace isn't a big deal here.  All miles are great, and if you're happy with the pace, then we're happy too!  Good that the work situation got resolved.

Karen, enjoy your day with the dogs.  Annoying about the wind, seems to be a thing this spring.

Damaris, that's a lot of miles.  Again.  Bet you're looking forward to tapering.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Narrator: it was not too early for a G&T in the porch.

5 miles.  A little longer than my training plan called for, but it was such a nice morning and my lungs were reasonably happy with the easy pace so I added on a bit.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, went up to see my parents. 9 today with some faster running in the middle part.

KatS, nice job on the run. Is your freind doing a really long bike race? That sounds like a ton of time to be on the bike.

AnonymousGuest, definitely sounds like you tired the dogs out.

Docket, yea, we just keep having wind here. Not quite asa bad today, but still noticeable.

GatsbyBird, jealous thata your weather is nice enough to sit outside. Still not quite at thata point here.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, was going to say, never too early for a G&T!  Glad your miles were enjoyable and the day was nice.

Kathi, hope you had a nice visit with the folks.

To answer Kathi's question, my GF finished, won, and set the overall course record by 4 hours in a 500 mile race at 31 hours.  B.E.A.S.T.  Another GF and I hurried to see her finish and were able to get there about 5 minutes prior to her coming in!!!

We were pushing getting there because I went out for 8 miles, all walking, first thing.  Disappointed no running, but I was tired and my shins were sore at the beginning only.  It was overcast and misted a bit, but really lovely day for some miles.  The UNFRIENDLIEST people today on the trail.  Maybe 10-15% of the runners/walkers waved, nodded, or said hello back.  Not sure what was up with that.

Sue, how was your first FREE weekend???

K

We were pushing getting there because I went out for 8 miles, all walking, first thing.  Disappointed no running, but I was tired and my shins were sore at the beginning only.  It was overcast and misted a bit, but really lovely day for some miles.  The UNFRIENDLIEST people today on the trail.  Maybe 10-15% of the runners/walkers waved, nodded, or said hello back.  Not sure what was up with that.

I noticed the same things here, other runners seemed less friendly than usual.  I wonder if they are here visiting for Easter?  Maybe city people.  When running in SF, I noticed that no one acknowledges anyone else.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I don't wave, I'm dying on my run so maybe they were having a tough day.

Ran 14. The 18 was hard but I killed that 14!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS. Wow, 500 miles?! Mountain biking or road?

I would think with Easter, you get people put who usually aren't out.