Womens Running

Look who's starting the weekend! (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

What's up, ladies?  7:00 am in California.... time to post!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

I'm getting ready to head out with DH for 13 miles with our RC.  Then chores, shopping, and college football.  Hope everyone had a nice week and has good stuff in store for the weekend.

Karen, hope you're kicking as on your 50 today!

Lisa, your PT is right -- no shoes, no service.

Marjorie, sorry to hear your hip is still iffy.  Maybe time to hop in the pool with the pups for a low-G workout?  With the purple octopus.

Carol, glad last weekend's wedding went well, but oh my, those in-laws!

Be back later to catch up on everything / everyone else that I missed.

Bikerchick1

Gatsbybird - Thanks for starting the thread!  Sounds like a fun day ahead for you!

LisaMMR - Just picturing your expression re: your shoes yesterday....like a little kid trying to get away with something!  Too funny....

Wondering and worrying about Tessa?

Run, Karen, Run!

Snowing/blowing here today....but very pretty!  Went out for a nice 4 miler.  We are planning 12 tomorrow...s'posed to be brrrrr-cold.  Oh well, I prefer that over too hot!

Am enjoying the peace this week-end.  Getting alot of things done around the house - lots of things left undone during the crazy last 9 weeks!

Carol

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Sorry I've been MIA! It's been busy with work and stuff for the boys. I got out for 11.4 miles and felt pretty good. My half is in 2 weeks and I'm pretty feeling hopeful. Shins are still a little twitchy, though.

Gatsby - sounds like a busy day! Enjoy.

Carol - it's not cold here but supposed to get very cold tomorrow.

Karen - thinking of you and hoping it's going well!

Marjorie - sorry the hip is not cooperating.

Lisa - I also pictured you with a "busted" look on your face!

Off to grab some lunch and then take DS3 to a birthday party. I think Chuck E Cheese might be one of the circles of hell. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hey!  19 miles with the gals this morning.  Decided we would just ride an hour, to kinda keep in the swing of the bike.  Then to Target to get gifts for a child overseas.  Church sends them every year through Samaritan's Purse.  Some girl is going to have a Hello Kitty Christmas.

Why am I so tired????

Last night's jewelry party was a success.  Homemade pizza was a big hit.  The church ladies were still talking about it this morning.  Apparently no one makes pizza by scratch anymore.  I lost them at "first you make a crust".  LOL  I made it with pesto, artichoke hearts, calamata olives and three cheeses.  Yumm--o!!

The big plus is that the house is already clean.  I thought I would get a power sewing day today but I am so tired.....sewed a pair of flannel pajama pants and I am ready for a nap!

Carol----wow snow!

Lisa--- Wink

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We did puppy pool this am.

No run.  I had DH stretch the hip like crazy last night and then this am walked him through doing Graston to it.  Quincy tried to help.  He couldn't understand that we didn't need his assistance.  It is really fine, I just want it to go away.

Lisa ha on the PT not letting you run.  I know the leg will be fine. In actuality it is and I can run, but I want it 100% and not pushing since no races so I'm okay to take some extra time off

Hey there Gatsby!

Carol I'm hoping Tessa is okay too!  I know the dh thing is really hard on her and the family.

Sue, maybe the weather is making you tired?  Earlier sun sets too?

Cindy I will tell Santa I want new hips for Christmas.  It is ligamental and all related to what happened in June.  I'm just wanting it to be done with now.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

On the bus back to my car. That was brutal. Finished in 9:56. More later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Cindy - Which half are you doing?

Crazysue - Nice bike ride.....sounds like a successful party and pizza!

Marjorie - I am sure it is hard to be patient with your hip....good thing you know what you are doing!

Karen - Sounds brutal....will be waiting for a little more info Smile

Actually watched a movie (Heat) with DH today - lots of F-bombs but,  it was pretty good....this free time is fun Wink

Carol

So we didn't end up doing 13 today since DH was feeling jetlagged.  Funny how much longer the day seemed today without a long run!  We did 4 today and hopefully long run tomorrow.

Woohoo Karen on the 50!  Hope you're resting comfortably.  Looking forward to the RR.

Carol, I was watching something on TV today that showed snow falling and it made me wish for snow.  But only a little, and then it could go away so I wouldn't have to drive in it.  I much prefer cold to hot.

Cindy, hope you survived Chuck E. Cheese.  Ugh.

CrazySue, yum, you can make pizza for me anytime!  Nice 19.

Marjorie, bet you're feeling antsy waiting for the hit to heal.

Thinking of Tessa today too.  Hope she's hanging in there with everything going on....

runlikeagirl18

Crazysue - sounds like the pizza was a big hit!

Karen - can't wait to hear the details.

Carol - I'm running a local half here, put on by the Y. This is the 5th year for me. It's not very big - about 1200 people - but it's well-run and a nice course.

Gatsby - sorry you had to abort the long run.

Marjorie - you're smart to give the hip time.

Survived Chuck E Cheese. What a madhouse!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Quincy woke me at 5 because he needed to throw up. Silly dog tried to est the kitchen curtains a few days ago. Not sure exactly which day but I found the one by the pantry looks, um, eaten when I got home Friday.  So sometime last week. Dh had no idea when. Up came the curtain pieces. Now he is happily snuggled sleeping on the bed. I'm listening to the wind and playing on the internet. Thinking of running but haven't tried the sore spot yet.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I was busy yesterday but I managed to do 7 miles, longest run without hubby since my double and I did it on pace.  Today, I will pace hubby on his last 10 miler before his first HM next week.

Gatsby, hope your 13 (ETA, nice 4 instead) and errands went well yesterday.

Carol, sounds like a peaceful weekend and those do not come often.  Enjoy!

Cindy, great 11 yesterday.  Hope you survived Chuck E. Cheese!

Sue, nice 19!

Marjorie, hope you feel better enough to run soon.

Karen, great job.  Congrats!  Cannot wait to read the RR!

FROM TODAY:

Marjorie, poor Quincy and mommy!

Damaris

Ugh. Crappy run this morning.  Bagged it after 5 miles.  Cold and windy didn't help.  Just felt wiped out. Sad

Hope everyone has a good day!

I did text Tessa to let her know there are many wishes and thoughts from us that all is well. Haven't heard back yet.

6.5 mile mountain bike loop at the state park nearest me. much thought going into form and using backside. cardio pooping out long before legs which is interesting to experience. iPhone also pooping out before run was completed. I hadn't thought and put it in the pouch of my handheld. 16 degrees before windchill And apparently that was too cold for it. Maybe that's why they call it a smartphone. Being used by a dumb human. Once in car and warmed up it started back up. Missed final part of run on map tho. Did a good share of walking but ended up at the standard time pretty much that I've done same loop in the past.

Karen-congrats!!

Lisa

Happy Sunday everyone.  Got my 13 done today.  Tapering for CIM on 12/8 and planing my eating/exercising for the coming week...

Lisa, good for you for getting 6.5 done!  But brrr, that sounds chilly.  Apparently the iPhone wanted to be home, nice and warm under the covers?

CrazySue, some days are like that.  If your body was telling you it felt wiped out, best listen.

Damaris, that's great that your hubs is doing his first HM next weekend.  What's next on your race calendar?

Marjorie, not so smart for the pup to eat the curtains but at least he knew how to get rid of it!

Cindy, taper time for your half?  Hoping the shins cooperate for at least 2 more weeks.

Carol, sounds like you're enjoying your free time!

Off to a running club board meeting in a little bit.  Today we're picking the recipients of our designated runner slots for Western States 100 mile run and Miwok 100K run (RC gets a slot in each race since we put on aid stations).   A very BIG DEAL for those who are eligible.