Fewer Mondays (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We could use fewer Mondays.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was a nice gentle yoga workout via a DVD.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was 35 minutes running on the gym track.

Today will probably be running at the gym track as well.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Another Monday.  Another 4 miles.  On the treadmill .

Judy - hi there, enjoy the track workout!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

MorningLaura and Judy!

Rest day for me. Pilates later

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I have the day off! Although I've already had to deal with some emails, because apparently we are the only ones other than the federal government not working today.

I'm going to try to run at least 10 today. Supposed to get up to almost 50 this afternoon before tomorrow's cold front and snow come through. I had an aha moment running yesterday about Boston training. The problem with the Pfitz 55 mpw plan in my mind was that it only had me running 4-5 days per week, and I was thinking I need to run 6 to be ready, like I did with Hanson and Pfitz 70. But I'm not trying to PR Boston, I just want to run well, and am actually focusing more on a duathlon earlier in April and a half marathon in May, so I'm trying to ride my bike at least twice a week. So a plan with 2-3 non-running days a week would actually work better for me.

Keep your fingers crossed. We accepted an offer on the big boat. The buyer now has 15 days for a survey, inspection, etc. It's a low offer, but it's good enough. We just need to get rid of it since we don't use it. The buyer is aware of the minor problems with it and okay with it, so unless they find something major, it should go through. But after the offer last summer fell through, I can't get my hopes up. It will be so nice to get rid of both the boat payment and the slip payment. And all the maintenance time and money.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

SugarLand

Completed the Houston Aramco Half marathon not bad but not great either slowed down after mile 11 - loved the new route!! - It was my 10th consecutive year to run houston full or half - I have already talk to my coach (from OnUrLeft) starting next week we are going to start training for the 2015 full !! - I know a can do it

Saw Lisa's daughter I think holding up a sign "One Mile at a Time" thanks that's was my moto during the race

I am running the Austin half next month - hopefully I can work on not slowing down after mile 11

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - thanks for all the well wishes

BBL - need to get to work

Good morning!  A day off of work for me too.  Trying to keep it that way but work emails have already started.  I think DH and I will do a short recovery run and then head out to take care of some chores.  And do a little rain dance or two. 

Judy, I agree... fewer Mondays please (unless they're the three-day-weekend type).

LC, good for you getting in the TM miles.

Marjorie, enjoy the pilates.

Karen, good luck selling the boat!   Sounds like "less is more" might be the right idea for your Boston training given your other goals.

SugarLand, ten years running Houston is quite a record!   Sounds like you had a good day.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, ladies.  I did not run Thursday and Friday hoping to shake out the cold I got after Daisy's death and be able to run the Clearwater Marathon.  I drove there and everything but woke up Sunday feeling worse.  So as not to waste my trip and money, I switched to the HM and I was OK but breathing very badly.  Finished super slow and the last 10 miles were bad.  Today, I measured my breathing and damn.  Severe asthma with the cold is not a good mixture.  SRDs until I can breathe better.  Maybe through tomorrow, maybe longer depending on recovery.

Judy, I agree.  Make Monday a part of the weekend and we shall have no more Monday blues.

LC Runs, stay strong on the TM.

Marjorie, enjoy pilates.

Karen, that's why I prefer doing the 70mpw Pfitz and maybe tinker it a bit if it's too much, mostly because I also like to run 6 days a week.

SugarLand, great job on the HM!

Gatsby, enjoy your recovery runs later.

Damaris

Linda

Goodmorning ladies:

Sugarland:  Congratulations!  10 years--That's great!

Karen:  I hope the deal goes through.

Happy running.  I'm hiking today.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

ginnyb

I had the day off too!  Good friend was in town, so we had a nice day.  Did my WT today.

Karen...hope the boat sells.

Damaris...take care of that cold.

sugarland....10 years in a row is great.

Marjorie...enjoy the Pilates!

LC...you are more woman than I using that TM.

I have the evening to myself, DH has a basketball game and won't be home till around 9:30, love having the house to myself, just me and the dogs!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Personalized signs and cheerleaders for Vicki.. we have ways of finding you...DD's room-mate's dog.. not the guy in the sombrero.

Lisa

WE did not have the day off nor did dd's school (she is pretty sure it's the only one in the US who did not have day off).  Weird actually.

Contemplating Zumba class at 8pm at Rec Ctr.

Judy=gentle yoga sounds much better than zumba.

Karen-hope the offer floats your boat.. away from you.

Vicki-she had people correct her saying that it should read "one step at a time".. really?  correcting the person standing out holding up a sign for you benefit?  some people.  she had fun and was out there for a while so glad you saw her.  I also know how races are and we often see random other things but not our own family. This will be my 10th year doing something with the Detroit Marathon.. last year was volunteering as a starting line official but I was there!

Damaris- last 10 miles of a half being pretty bad is awful.. there are only 13 and we all know how bad the first 3 usually are.

Ginny- you wild thing!  putting in a dvd?  we watched Letters to Juliette yesterday. love that movie for some reason.

Lisa