Womens Running

Mother of a Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

hee hee...

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hee!

The lectures, plays, conferences and the like are found by a good friend of mine who is retired and loves to get out. It helps to keep me occupied and it keeps the depression at bay. DH is still stable, but cannot do anything for himself. He avoided pneumonia for the third winter for which we are grateful. I suspect he doesn't know who I am, but knows me as the person who comes to visit, reads to him and tells him news of his son.

Friday was a good 35 minutes running on the track at the gym.

Saturday was SDO. I had been running every day during the week so needed a rest. But you know, it’s funny how we have the urge to go out and run anyway? Weird.

Sunday was a slow 75 minutes with Sunday Buddy. In the afternoon I played 9 holes of golf dragging my clubs behind me.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Traveling for work so at the airport. Flight leaves in about an hour.

I got ot A zone for Southwest but barely. wow.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA all weekend but I was busy on Friday at a bankruptcy retreat that included lots of driving, I had a 5K on Saturday that I sucked at (close to a PW and I mean PW from 2008) and been feeling blah with the asthma all weekend with my capacity going down to 52%  This morning, I woke up congested.  Stupid asthma.  I have a marathon to run this week!

Congrats to Carol on her PR and to Tessa on another state!  Sweet!

Lisa, hehe indeed.  Morning!

Judy, great weekend of workouts.

Marjorie, hope your flight is uneventful.

Have a great day, all.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Love the title today....heehee, indeed!

Judy - Awww, hugs to you.  Glad you get out with a friend and do things.

Marjorie - Hope travel goes smoothly.

Damarais - Ugh, on the Asthma....what Marathon for you?

Had a nice day yesterday.  Spent some time with DD's, then DH and I went for a walk along a trail in a nearby park.  Otherwise was rest day from exercise.  Today is stability ball Smile

Advice needed:  My nephew/wife had a baby yesterday (live in Texas), my nephew dosen't really talk to his Dad (my brother).  When he told me they were pregnant, I asked if he was going to tell his Dad and he said he was going to.  Long story short - as far as I know,he didn't tell him, and I feel badly that my brother is a "grandfather", and doesn't even know.  I feel like he (my brother) should know, and then the "ball is in his court" to send them something/acknowledge the baby.....my DH says I should stay out of it....

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Carol, I am doing the Surfer's Path Marathon in Santa Cruz this weekend.

Someone told me Florida is having an inversion of warm air, meaning all the pollution is staying on the ground.  No wonder my breathing is so low.

Damaris

Good Morning!  Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day.

Wow Tessa and Carol--sounds like y'all had great races.

Pouring buckets Saturday morning--went to spin class.New instructor spoke mostly Spanish.  Entertaining, but IDK if I did everything I was supposed to do.  I was sweating pretty good, so I guess I got a good workout.  Did a quick mile on the TM afterwards.  Sunday did 10 with running buddy.  WOW!! First hot steamy run of the summer!!

Better get to work.  Have a great day everyone !

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, that is a tough decision. I do think it's your nephew's call, though, whether to tell his father or not.

6 miles this morning, lovely run. I went north from here through town last night ("town" is Miles City, MT) so this morning I turned south instead. 3 miles out, 3 back, on a secondary road with a nice wide shoulder on the plateau that is southeastern Montana and extends down into northeastern Wyoming and westernmost South Dakota. This is one of my favourite parts of the country -- though I haven't been here through a winter! -- high country, rolling hills, you can see for miles. It was 31 this morning, felt like 21, but clear and sunny so I went out in a LS tech shirt and shorts and was fine.

Now heading out, we hope to meet dangerousdan from runango this evening. Driving through Montana today. I've only been in the tiny corner that you go through when you leave Yellowstone by the west entrance and head down to I-15, so I'm really looking forward to this drive.

Quick post and run since we had hoped to be on the road by now!

Did my weight work outs. Will run tomorrow.

Carol-agree that the young dad should share the news but would add that you letting him know that this is really bothering you and why would be a good idea. That way you know that you've expressed what you feel he is missing from not sharing the news and remind him of how quickly this can turn into an even BIGGER piece of news that hasn't been shared.  Maybe have an example of someone who did this and later regretted it as the child grew older and it became even harder to break the "news."  This did happen to a good friend of mine's nephew and his parents.  Child was 4 years old before he told them of his existence.  He wasn't married to the mother but they later found out that they had even started living together the last 2 years and he kept covering because he didn't know how to broach it.  Some accidental slip clued family members in and then the truth came out. Shame to have missed out on 4 years of family though.  Feel free to use that as an example. :-)

Damaris-well you got that out of the way for the year.  faster times ahead.

Tessa-will be flying to Dana Point on Wednesday. Times are fairly planned out.  Wednesday is open, Saturday afternoon/night also.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LagunaNiguel/PhotoGallery.htm

This is where we will be staying Wednesday - Sunday.  Won't suck. Hope I don't set off any alarms for not belonging.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, have a good time -- I will be going from Idaho to Nevada on Wednesday, and Saturday afternoon/evening we're at a wedding. Sorry!