Womens Running

(Over 40) Willing Weekend (Read 18 times)

Bikerchick1

Susan - Great job on the Kensington Loop!!!  We are running/hiking  North to South rim.  Doing it in one day.  There are 5 of us.  The only crossing the river will be via bridges.

Ginny - Chuckling about DH getting on your nerves....   Glad you are getting some great runs in.

Camille - Your life so exciting and adventous in Alaska Smile

Gatsbybird - Nice runs, and good of you to do the land cleanup!

Marjorie - Nice job on your run too!

Did our trail run today...whew, I bit the dust once.  Wore our running vests, we all did pretty good.  Ended up with 15.

carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Finished 4 hours of yard work.   Had to do lots of trimming. So much rain the bushes were growing like crazy. Filled 3 big yard bags.

Karen nice race. Glad you are still in first place.

Susan glad they are removing the time limit.  It would be one thing if they needed to reopen a road at a certain time but if this is in the park not sure why they'd limit the time.

Carol summer is flying by. Didn't feel the toe running. Did feel it some getting up and down doing all the yard work.

Camille glad you are having fun exploring.

Ginny happy birthday to the GD. Seems like they were just born!

Feel better D

Gatsby it is rare I can do more miles than planned. At least my stomach has been cooperating so that helps too when I don't have to stop to use the bathroom.

Poor little hammy  overdid it yesterday.  Dh said he played really hard at the pool. Well last night I woke up to Hammy doing some little cry thing  around 1 am. He seemed okay when I got up to check on him so I went back to bed and so did he. I thought maybe he just wanted cuddled. Dh wasn't home yet (he got called to a fire and didn't get home until 3 am. ). Well when I was putting the pups through their obedience stuff this am Hammy wouldn't do some things. So I know he was hurting if he didn't want to move certain ways. We gave him one of his pain pills. He seems better this afternoon. Poor dogs when they can't tell you they ache.  At least no crying today. Will make sure he doesn't over do it next week at the pool.

Marjorie

Great run this morning with Susan!  Last minute pulling that together last night to even have her and David carpooling since they live pretty close together.  9 miles. Followed by a walking in the lake and more good conversation! Fun!

Susan-you did great and should do well next week!  Was fun to run with you and to get you and David together since you live so close together with shared activities!  He and his wife Jen are good people! 12 min pace for 9 miles and you feel good.  Slow it down next week and you'll feel even better! Use time for the walks, drinking, fueling vs miles. You can count on your watch but can't always count on mile markers and they don't all go by at the same pace.  Plus gives you math to do at times.

Camille-I had the deer fly tape with me but they weren't out in force in WI so no need for it.  I think we are about to hit the season for them.

Ginny-ride the good run wave for as long as possible.  woohoo!

Damaris-bummer on the late night!

Gatsby-yes, RunnersMom and I did run this morning along what will be her course next week.  I've run there often. Thanks for volunteering and doing the cleanup!

Carol-woohoo!  Running vests! Thanks for letting us know that gravity is still in effect.

Marjorie-would love to see pics of your yard.  I bet it's gorgeous!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa.  Yeah, David and I live within 2.5 miles of one another.  Nice to have another person to run with.  It was great fun... the conversation and company made the 9 miles go by quickly.    Thanks for pulling that together so quickly. 

Quick question: I just bought new shoes (posted about that on Thursday).  They're the same shoes I wear regularly.  I wore them on a 2 mile walk with DH this evening and they feel awesome.  Is it too much of a risk to wear them on Sunday?  What if I wear them for walks/runs this week?  (They just feel like they are so much more padded than the pair I usually run in).

Marjorie, sorry about hammy.

Carol, thanks for explaining.  I didn't realize that there are bridges over the Colorado (makes sense, just never thought about it).  Sorry about the fall but glad you had a great hike anyway.

Same shoes, wear them walking.  I would think they should be okay. Wear trusted socks. Have your husband carry your old shoes with him.  If you need them switch out.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,  thanks.  Great idea. I didn't even think of giving DH my old shoes to change into if need be.   Will wear the new shoes this week and also make sure to wear the smartwool socks I love.  Smile