Womens Running

Friday! (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Why is it always windy on trash day? And windiest when I have a bunch of boxes to get rid of?

Rest day from running, maybe a kettlebell workout later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Always windy, especially on trash day.

Morning! I have 7 later. Barely slept last night since at 10:30am Hershey was puking and collapsed (apparently a vasovagal episode and he fainted for a second after straining). But since he has lost weight and was vomiting yesterday (not normal even at 16), we drove him to the emergency vet last night. We were back home after midnight and I am in the office today. They scared the shit out of me when I woke up at 6:30am to a voicemail from the vet. It was just to ask at what time Hershey took his thyroid med, sheesh, don't make me think something bad happened! They will do a sonogram or something today. All his blood tests were fine and he was acting OK when we drove him there (meaning not happy to be plucked out of bed and into a car).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 outside with 5x3 min and 3 x 2 min at 5k effort. WIndy here too, but it was warm. I was overdressed in a lightweigh LS and light tights.

AnsonymousGuest, here it's always windy for reccyling day. And people do not secure it at all.Everything winds up in the field behind our house.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, hope Hershey is ok. DIdn't realie cats could have a vasovagal issue. I was almost asleep last night and the Baltimore County police called the landline with an automated alert about a barricade situation 10 miles away.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Catchy title Karen!!!    Some days are just like that.  Enjoy your rest day.

Damaris, good luck with Hershey.  Always scary.

Kathi, I am weird, I would rather be over dressed than under.

Happy it is Friday.  Working today, off tomorrow, working Sunday.  BUT I just got an invite for a Super Bowl get together across the street.  
            Always fun because I get to walk.  Like a half mile if that.  At least the hill is on the way there, I can roll down it on the way home if I don't get a ride.  Woot.

Stressing about upcoming flights and the prices, yikes.

Had a gapped rim/walk yesterday lunch time, got more consecutive minutes running in for once.  Then an evening stroll.

That's about it.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hershey has intestinal lymphoma; I think similar to Rubio but Hershey's nodes and intestines are clear that it's cancer. Poor boy. Steroids for now to see how long will he have. Could be weeks, months, or years.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, I'm sorry about the diagnosis for Hershey. My very best wishes to you all and hope that Hershey has many good days to come.

:::Hershey Hugs:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, I'm sorry about the diagnosis for Hershey. My very best wishes to you all and hope that Hershey has many good days to come.

:::Hershey Hugs:::

Thank you! At 16 years old I know it will be touch and go but I want to bring him home so he can experience some more love before the decision has to be made. And I remember Rubio lasted 3 years (but doubt Hershey has that long), so just want to give him the best until it's time.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, sorry to hear about Hershey.  Give him lots of loving.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today. It was extremely windy last night here too.

Damaris,  I'm sorry about Hershey. Give him all the kitty treats.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**