Womens Running

Moaning Monday - Supermoms (Read 28 times)

runninmer

armmama - Sorry you are having a bummer day.  I hate those.  I hope the PT can help you with your knee.  DH is actually really suppoortive of my running, and will encourage me to go.  However, I think he worries too.  When I was pg with J I know I didn't run more than 7 miles at a time.  Its just different.

mrszm - No help with the reicpes.  I use the standard ones I have always used.  Banana cupcakes sound good though.....  DH enjoys plowing when he is done. It is the waiting for it to happen that he hates the most.  I think after this last storm and all the unexpected snow we got he is just done with it.

becky - Ouch!  Grate the carrots not yourself!  Bedtime isn't an issue for us...its the 5am wake up calls that I hate.  I actually thought to myself, can we put him in the basement sooner?  (We have a bedroom down there and that is where he will go this summer before baby comes.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

BermyHorse

mer - I totally understand your pg worries. Run to your heart's content - your body will tell you when enough is enough.

Back later for more personals. Have sold our king bed, the stokke high chair, have someone else looking at car. Busy morning.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Cx2 - Yay for walking! Now that she's doing that, I'm sure it won't be long before she figures out how to get up from lying down. Enjoy your last 3 weeks of mat leave...the nice thing about going back to work is that with a regular schedule and child care, you'll probably be able to get more runs in outside!

Shelby - Great runs this weekend! It sounds like the training plan is really working for you, since the MP pace seems easier. When is your marathon?

Mer - You are keeping up some amazing mileage! Yup, the worrying is totally natural...even if you weren't running, you would still be worried. Until you can actually feel the baby moving, it's hard not to worry because you have no idea what's going on in there.

Arm - I hope your knee feels better soon. Very cool about DD"s art night! My legs are always completely trashed after a race, even a 5k. On one hand, it makes me feel good like I really gave it my all, but one the other hand I feel like I get way more sore than most people after a race! When I hear people talk about going for recovery runs the day after a race I think "How??? I can barely move!"

Mrszm - I only tend to make the banana bread/muffins, too. I guess you could throw in some chocolate chips to change it up a bit. Or maybe make banana pancakes?

Becky - Eek on the grated finger! I get nervous about doing that everytime I grate anything and I've never actually done it. I must have seen a horror movie where someone grated their finger right off or something, and it's stuck with me. Boo on the continued late nights. Did you say before that he doesn't nap either?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Ugh, just realized that I forgot to send a note to school with C this morning.  He has a playdate this afternoon.  I hate being forgetful.

Zorbs:  Hooray for bath time without a meltdown!

Bermy:  Feel better!

Jen:  Wow, glad hubby is home for awhile!

RG:  Awesome, I wish I could have done the same this morning Smile

Ernie:  Way to go on your half!  Rest up!

Cx2:  Yay for walking!  I hope you get the sitting up thing figured out.

Shelby:  Awe, I miss going to the zoo.  So much fun.  Glad you had a wonderful weekend.

Mer:  Hugs, don't worry.  Dr told me not too, that running wouldn't cause anything to happen that wasn't going to already.  That really put my mind at ease.

ARm:  Ugh, I hate those kinds of mornings.....which is most mornings for me.

Ok, bosslady is bugging me to death....gotta go.  Be back later.

mrszackmorris

mer: would it ease your and dh's mind if you cut back on your running a little bit?

arm: ugh to your knee. hope ART helps! i have ART tomorrow! yay! good luck packing for the beach! where are you going?

becky: i was jealous of your friday night pizza. we used to frequent there when dh was working late and i didn't feel like cooking for just me and the kids! yup, i hate forgetting things for the kids too. luckily i've only forgot to pack dd1's shoes once (since she was wearing boots)!

Marathonjen

Arm – I hope your knee feels better quickly and that you can get some ART done.  I hope DD1’s art program goes well and L has fun at dinner with your tennis friend.  I am training for 2 half marathons…one in April and one in May.

Mrszm – I hope you can find something good for supper for you and kids.  Take out?  Too cute about DD2 in skinny jeans.  Great job on the 5 outside and enjoy your rest.  No banana recipes sorry…you are my source of recipesJ  Spring break is the first week of April…can’t wait to get out of town.

Becky – Ouch on the finger!  Sorry C is still having bedtime issues.  Have a great 4 miles today.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Did 3 miles with both RPs yesterday, today is a SRD. I hit 22 mpw last week, my best week since September. Babysitter on Saturday did well- if DH is not available to watch R during long runs I will definitely hire someone if R's godmother can't watch him either.

BR: Busted his lip playing at burger king with his godmother again. He was very much wanting to cuddle yesterday and not really into playing. Like my FB post says he woke at 2 am and I didn't really get much sleep after that. His godmother is picking him up early from daycare today to play.

FR: Last night was chicken stew over brown rice.  I didn't realize how often I reach for a cracker or something here and there as a snack. I'm going to the health food store on my lunch break to pick up a few things that I will need for going gluten free- haven't eaten anything with gluten since breakfast on Saturday, nor have I eaten anything sugary.

NRR: We really just vegged out this weekend. We have been busy and it was nice to just kinda hang out as a family. DH couldn't leave town because he was on fire command. I need to motivate him to move boxes into storage to make room for me to pack more.  We hit a little hiccup with our home sale and had to drop the price by about 6% because the appraisal came in low and we will put $1000 towards the buyers closing costs.

NRR2- Bossman is on vacation this week. I brought my RW magazines. I have 3 that I have not read because I fall asleep every time I try to read in the evenings. I take that back- one is partially read because I get to read a page or two while R is in the bath.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- is that Around the Bay you are training for. Wow, 45 would be tough, I peaked at 40 for my marathon (mistake, obviously) and it was hard to fit all the miles in. Good luck, and yay for a screamless bath! Have you tried bubblebaths? Maybe he would think that is actually fun? R doesn't like bubblebaths though, he likes the plain water.

Bermy- Good luck with selling your stuff! I hope to hear many stories off odd characters Smile Sorry you aren't feeling well still. This stupid cold I had lasted 8 days and then another almost 2 weeks of congestion.

Jen- everytime we get out the laptop, R climbs on us and demands to call "Papa" on skype Smile  Yay for Dh being home!

Ernie- Good job on your race, sorry you didn't meet your goal but your PR was huge!

cx2- Go, Carli, Go!  I started getting really sad the last 2 weeks of my mat leave, but I was only home 8 weeks, so I was still pretty exhausted.

shelbyjo- My dog is normally a good running buddy, but there have been times when she gets too hot or tired and simply sits down and refuses to budge. She's a good 70 lbs so its hard to get her moving if she doesn't want to go. We plan on going to the Denver zoo on our next trip down there.

mer- you are doing great with your running being preggo. I had zero energy the first tri. Its natural to worry, try not to stress because there is literally nothing you can do. Its not like you are smoking crack or a heavy drinker!

armama- sorry your knee hurts. Does your chiro do Kinesio taping too? Mine did that when he was working on my knee and it helped a bunch.

mzm- no help with the bananas, in our house they get thrown away when they get too much brown on them. If you have a food dehydrator, dried bananas are really good. I cut the bananas in quarters lengthwise, then into "sticks" about 3" in long, dip in pineapple juice, dry on low.

becky- I hate it when I grate my knuckles!  Sorry C is staying up so late. Does he get all manic and start showing off like crazy at his normal bedtime to try to prove he's not tired? R does that and I throw his little butt in bed.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

strollermama

spike - When is your move date?  Sorry to hear about the appraisal.  And great job on the miles last week.  Is today the start of your gluten free diet?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Shelby- I started GF as soon as I talked to Naturopath on Saturday. My mom has celiac so I knew all the places to look in my cupboards for gluten (soy sauce is one place you wouldn't expect)- threw out all the open stuff and gave the unopened packages to a friend. Found out that my former RP and my early morning RP have both gone gluten free recently- the former for her IBS (and its helping) and the latter for her husband's eczema.   Not sure about the move date yet, should probably know more today after the buyers talk to their mortgage guy and we amend the agreement. Initially they told us mid-late March, hoping that I have at least 2-3 weeks.

BermyHorse

Zorbs – I might have missed your post – but what time did you bring your pace group in at? Were you bang on the dot? You are like freaking clockwork usually. Take each mile, one mile at a time. One run at a time. I am amazed at that too.

Jen – I think you do an incredibly job holding your family together what with DH away and your son and his rough daycare patch. Big hug from me. Your running is going so super well – what is your next training goal? Are you running outside at all?

Rg – enjoy your lie in – you so deserve it.

Ernie – loved the race report. You had a superb race – and you gave it your all – every last drop from the get-go by how you described your legs and last few kms. Super PR. Well done! Next goal?!

Cx2 – congrats on your walker! That’s awesome. Don’t fret about the sitting thing – just focus on the positives!

Shelby – very very nice training run. Greta job with your MP. It is lovely to hear you say that you are starting to reap the rewards of your brutal training programme! We are hoping to fly out of here weds 13th March.

Mer – also – being sick is a great sign that things are going well. I am so impressed with your miles – you rock.

Spike: crock pot advert has attracted so much attention. It has been on for 10 hours and I have three chicks wanting to come over to buy it right away. Too funny. And the girl who bought our bed was so heavily pregnant. I tried my best not to give her my cold. She was so sweet in organizing a truck for the morning of our flight leaving bermy so we will have a bed to sleep on until last minute. Bless. Trying to organize everything for shipping company who are coming tomorrow. My cold has killed my appetite. All I could stomach today has been 4 crackers. I poas last night anf bfn so I know my sickness is my cold. We are avoiding ttc for time being as we have our hands more than full. Hope R settles at night. He will, trust that he will.

Arm – how do you stay a sh*t hot mom when you are sick? I am so happy the rest of the time so when I am sick it just floors me.

Mrszm – are you still rocking your ginnifer hair? Would love a pic. Too cute on yoru DD with skinny jeans. I am living in those gap jeggins I bought. Although they have stretched a bit but not enough to warrant buying a 2.

Becky – owwwiiieeeee on finger grating. I have done that, and it really really really hurts. Am working on feeling better.

mrszackmorris

bermy: are these the jeggings you have? i might stop at gap on friday if i have time. maybe, just maybe, they'll be perfect on me too!

BermyHorse

mrz - I just had to do a half-strip in my living room to see the label. I looked like Spike. Yes, those are the ones. I got them a bit lighter wash so they look more like jeans - rationale being I wear a lot of black tops (way too many which I am trying to address) and prefer lighter jeans with black. They really do stretch all over including waist band (although I have worn them non-stop since I got them) so get a pair that are super snug. I wear a belt with mine as they are starting to fall down a bit.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mrszm: I also own those jeggings and I loooooove them!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

zorbs - what shoes do you wear with them? I have only worn them with boots for now. I need to be braver.