Womens Running

Moaning Monday - Supermoms (Read 28 times)

mrszackmorris

zorbs/bermy:i like the lighter color as well, so i am praying that they have my size in the store when i go. they of course don't have my size online. ugh. only fitting since there is 30% off today...

runninmer

Bermy - I wear my Toms with skinny jeans like that.

zorbs - what shoes do you wear with them? I have only worn them with boots for now. I need to be braver.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

BermyHorse

Mer - great suggestion. I have nude heels but I can't chase after DS in heels for 14 hours a day. i value my running legs too much. I love those crochet ones - too cute. Will check them out. I saw some sparkly silver toms in WF too. Do they look worn out after a few wears or do they keep their shape well?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runninmer

I am ordering the grey crochet ones for myself! Smile  They are cute.  Ha!  Heels with a toddler...no thank you!  I have had one pair since last summer.  I wore them in the snow/water, so they are starting to look worn.  I have another pair that I have taken care of and they aren't looking worn at all.  Order half a size down if you can...they stretch!

Mer - great suggestion. I have nude heels but I can't chase after DS in heels for 14 hours a day. i value my running legs too much. I love those crochet ones - too cute. Will check them out. I saw some sparkly silver toms in WF too. Do they look worn out after a few wears or do they keep their shape well?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs - what shoes do you wear with them? I have only worn them with boots for now. I need to be braver.

I have a pair of flip flops from Old Navy, ballet flats, boots.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

Might venture into ballet flats. I really liked the lemon crochet ones - so different. I am going to put myself on a black-ban. No more black clothes. I am packing my house up between posts. I am feeling a bit better about just about everything. Thanks for your online company. I needed you girls today. (I need you every day, just today more than other days).

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

who asked me if there were a lot of people in my pace group?  I have no idea..they were all behind me, and I tend to race in a blur.  Unless you're wearing really sheer tights with no underwear and have a giant ass and running right in front of me, I won't notice. Wink ernie probably has a better idea how many people were following, since she saw me and the group go by in the opposite direction during the out and back.

bermy - my chip time was 2:13:55 so assuming people in the pace group were behind me, they would have finished juuust under 2:15.

jen - it's just that Sam needs to be home by 7 (whereas I could be home as late as 7:30 and be ok) so I have to get up even earlier to run more than 10K.  But she sleeps even less than me and manages to get up, so I should suck it up and keep her company.

rg - I didn't realize until after I got up that I didn't have anyone at 6:30..I could have slept in.  bah.

ernie - when I ran around the building looking for you before the race, I was looking to see if I could spot your ghetto car parked outside. C saw your picture (the one I posted on fb) and said you looked kind of familiar.

cx2 - be glad you got to have a mat leave.  I think Canadians assume everyone gets one, no, that is not the case.

shelby - one of the reasons that I wanted to be a bunny is because I know I can crank out even splits, but the hardest part was holding back in the last km.  I almost always run the last couple kms of a steady state run faster.

mer - Beth gave me 2 bottles of wine she didn't want, and both of them were actually pretty good. omg homemade kit kat!

arm - I keep thinking if I make it through this week I'll be good...but I just looked at my plan and there are some doozer workouts next week too.

mrszm - DH would tell you to make banana milkshakes with vanilla ice cream and white rum.

becky - ow on grating your finger.

spike - I read your post on my phone while getting a pedi, and I was reminded to read my RWs (which are online via google play) but the newest digital issue is the last paper one I got, so read it already. we already do bubble baths with B.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

bermy: yup, i rock toms all year long. on my third pair. started with a grey pair, then a polka dotted pair (love them!!), now i'm sporting grey cord ones. i feel like they run true to size and have always ordered my regular size. bil just told me they sell them at whole foods so i'd try them on there if you can. they seriously go with everything.

dd2 is wearing chuck taylors with her skinny jeans today and it looks very cute Smile

BermyHorse

mrszm - had to google chuck taylors. I think I could seriously rock those too. I think I need to borrow your DDs wardrobe style tips.

mrszackmorris

bermy: totally! i have a black pair myself Wink

zorbs: yum to the milkshake. must check for run though...

Erniegirl

Spike - Sorry about the ongoing 2 am wakeups. I wish I had some advice to offer, but S still frequently wakes up at that time for no apparent reason other than she seems restless and needs a snuggle. When it wrecks your sleep for the rest of the night, it's awful. Enjoy your vacation from bossman. Always nice when you can get a little reading done at work!

Bermy - I am going to focus on the shorter stuff for the spring...I'm registered for a 5k April 6th, a 10k April 21st and another 10k May 12th. And then my town always runs a 5k the first weekend in June that I will do. When is your marathon?

Zorbs - It looked like there were about 20 people around you when I went by. I think you posted yesterday they weren't a very chatty bunch? I am very impressed by your ability to maintain an even pace. My kilometre splits from yesterday were a mess. LOL on looking for my ghetto car. The window spoons would certainly make it easy to recognize. Hmm...now I am wondering again if I have met C before. I haven't been to the other C's house for a couple of years though, so it would have been awhile ago.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Chuck taylors would probably fit you well because they are a narrow shoe. I have a wide foot and Chucks make them feel constricted. They have them cheap on www.6pm.com

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Busy morning for me!  I have a million things I want to get done this afternoon also....

RR - went to the gym this morning and worked out hard, I was alone and it was the last time that I'll have weights to workout with for a couple weeks.  SRD from running.

TR - Very excited to go to florida... still thinks she might get eaten by dolphins but isn't discouraged by that.  We had a family movie night last night, she loved it, and I'm loving that she is entertained by tv... I don't want to abuse it but it is nice.  I have a bunch of sesame street and Nemo on my tablet for the flight.

BR - happy happy cute cute.  She's super easy so I hope she doesn't surprise me on the flights Smile

FR - made hamburger soup last night, leftovers tonight.

NRR - packing... have to go get a letter notarized w/ dh giving his permission to take the girls.  I found out yesterday that my aunt is a notary, but she's in AZ... if only I had thought further ahead I'd have saved $60.

I probably won't be back... I want to get the packing done today so that I'm not stressed tomorrow.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/