Womens Running

Finally Fridailies!!! (Read 11 times)

Happy 3 Day Weekend Early Release Friday!!

Walked the pups w DH this morning and dropped him off at the boat. He'll be out for 10 days or so.

Granddaughter's class has "Bingo with the Grandparents" this morning.  About to head over to school 

Margaret--good luck w the tendonitis.

BBL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We still have not received an email letting us leave early. WTF. 

I have 4 after work.

Damaris

Damaris--I would be ticked.  We were actually notified at the beginning of the week. FWIW--two times they "forgot" to notify my old division and that was a real morale killer. Hope you hear soon.

Bingo at the school was fun.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yup, ours is always the morning of or the night before. The new director tends to send the leave one hour earlier by 10am. She sent it at exactly 10am.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So everybody here is pissed because next week is our regional gathering which nobody cares for (team building BS). We lose one WFH day as our big boss put it for half of Wednesday (all hands day) and half of Thursday instead of just one day and with the holiday, it would be hard to accommodate requests. And that's not why people are pissed. She also has a lunch (mandatory) on Wednesday AT HER HOUSE. So everybody here pays for early bird parking (except 2-3 of us that pay monthly and can afford that) and now they have to leave the office, pay their parking ($12/day) and then come back after the lunch and pay more parking. All because she wants to have a lunch at her house and not here.

The two of us that have monthly parking and in and out privileges are carrying 8 other people with us but some will be left out.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Just 4 miles for me today, but it was an awesome 4. Progression run from 10:20 the first mile to 8:50 the fourth mile. That's all I got, long run tomorrow.

Susan, bingo at the grandkids school sounds fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

Damaris, how tone deaf of the big boss. Reminds me of my boss in DC that would schedule group dinners downtown on weeknights. She lived a couple blocks from the office, so super convenient for her. I used to get in early and leave early, so I'd be done at 4, but wouldn't have enough time to take the train home and get back for dinner at 6, so would just have to stay there and wait for dinner. Then take the train home at 10 at night - THAT felt super safe. Spend all day every day with people, then stick around and go out to dinner with them too? Oh hey, I don't miss working AT ALL.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, yeah, we have a dinner after the first day but not mandatory at least. It's just too much unnecessary shit.

Damaris

Damaris--tell your boss that it doesn't work for the team and present a better option. I finally started telling my boss what I thought and several times have been lightbulb moments for her.

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris--tell your boss that it doesn't work for the team and present a better option. I finally started telling my boss what I thought and several times have been lightbulb moments for her.

Smile

Yeah, NG will never! She might but it would have to come from everybody. Last time she switched the gathering to remote the day before after a lot of pushback during the pandemic.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 with 3 tempo + strides this morning. Legs & shoulder workout after work. Took the afternoon off in the hopes that I could pick up my car before dinner time/rush hour. Nope. I called the service manager and the good news was it is done, bad news, they got grease on the headliner & were getting it detailed. Asked f I couold pick up tomorrow. I'm going to my parents, so no. I can't. Either today or Tuesday. They are getting it done today. Ugh. And no one from Subaru Coporate has called me back. Really makes me glad I spent a bunch of money on their car.

CrazySue, enjoy bingo!

Docket, ugh on the mandatory work stuff. What a pain. And I assume being government, no chance that the people getting screwed for parking can get reimbursed?

AnonymousGuest, oh, hell no would I ride metro at 10pm.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope. No reimbursement.

I lifted after my run.

Damaris

We never get off early.  But we also never have mandatory in-person events.  Some you win, some you lose.

CrazySue, bingo sounds fun.

Damaris, annoying about the team building BS.  We have MS Teams meetings that we're supposed to attend, but there's no requirement that we turn on our camera or actually participate.

Karen, sounds like your runs are kicking ass these days.  Must be acclimated to the altitude now.

HCK, just when you think Subaru is done screwing up, they find a new way to do it.

Still monitoring the tendonitis, still swollen but a little less painful.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR