Womens Running

Wacky Week-end (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Bikerchick1

Morning - don't ask me why it is wacky...just seems to fit the end of this week Smile

12 miles done last night.  Temp was 20, but wind was whipping, so real feel was more like 5ish.  Good thing I was running with RB's, not sure I would have pushed myself to finish that one.  I am going to a running seminar todoay.   Don't know much about the presenter...he is a PhD in exercise science and is geared to "endurance runners" half marathons and up.  Bikers going 50 milers, etc.  S'pose to help with a plan for training, nutrition, recovery.  Ought to be interesting.

Enjoy the week-end!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

The seminar sounds really interesting, Carol. Let us know if you learn anything good.

Okay, today I will run. Waiting until this afternoon when it's in the 40s, and the sun has cleared more of the neighborhood runs. This morning I'm shoveling the snow off the deck so DH can power wash it before the movers pack and move the power washer next week. Once we moved all the furniture and stuff out we realized how badly it needed a power wash. Plus a haircut I think, and probably a trip to the dump. And a trip to Target. And the grocery store. Hmm, I should probably get off the computer and off my butt and getting going on all these chores. Movers come to pack next Tuesday and Wednesday, load Thursday (and Friday if needed). Yikes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

About to head over to teach 22 people how to calculate the time value of money. They're in for a bit of a shock when they get reseated by groups rather than in "their" seats -- HP financial calculator folks in one group, TI owners in another, those using the time value tables in a third bunch.

Haven't run today but did get 6.9 in yesterday and a good set of runs in Thursday, 7 in the morning and then 7 more in the evening.

Phoenix is already warm. I hope they don't turn off the AC for the weekend like they did last time.

Good morning to all!  Going to head out shortly for a LR with my DH and RC (how's that for efficient use of acronyms?).  Aiming for 15 but we'll see.  Got my hair cut and highlighted last night.  My usual cut/color, which is not fancy at all, but I like it.

Carol, RB's are essential for those types of runs.  I hate running in wind!  If you learn any tips on that today, please share.

Karen, just reading your to-do list made me exhausted.

Tessa, are you teaching classes all weekend?  Not sure what there is to do in Phoenix but whatever it is, enjoy it.

Be back later!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1 and yard work. Dh had to mow the back yard Sorry for those not close to spring yet

Tessa, Time me value of money!  . Oh how I remember those days. I'm such a math geek those were some of my favorite classes in my masters degree program.

Marjorie

15 miles done.  Having coffee then cleaning up around the house.  My dad is visiting later for dinner.

Marjorie, I've always been sort of the opposite of math geek.... numbers are not my thing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  Ran 8.13 with hubby this morning. Now at a baby shower. Will do shoutouts tonight!

Damaris

Carol-I do know that I will be back in NYC for a conference the 3rd week in July.  DD is wanting to come too so we would be driving the weekend 18/19 and coming back weekend 25/26.  Not crazy about leaving her in room while at the 2 day conference... want to drive with us? I would book a double double through work ...usually Hampton Inn so breakfast included.  Think about it..  3rd Ave and 43th.  Midtown so Grand Central, Library, Rockefeller Center, Fifth Ave, Times Square, Central Park, UN, Empire Building all walking distance.

10 miles on pavement. Ugh.  Ordered a pair of Hoka Stinsons for road.  Will see if those help.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, yes -- 8 hours today (Saturday), 4 tomorrow. This is a 20 hour seminar.

And there is not much to do in the industrial area of Tempe. I just had a wonderful dinner of one PB bagel brought from home, two tangerines, a Doubletree chocolate chip cookie, and two cans of Mike's from the Circle K across the street.

I hope I'm making a difference for these students! I think so -- this is an intensive review seminar for the CPCU accounting and finance exam and a lot of them have not had the chance to talk to an instructor before.

Wish I'd brought my RenFaire garb and had allowed for an extra day. The AZ RenFaire is going on but I don't have enough time to get out there. (Lisa -- yes or no on the April 25 plans?)

8.2 after the class ended.

camille2

Karen, all the work you're doing for moving sounds exhausting.  Good luck!

Carol, how was the workshop? Good for u for those miles on a rotten day.

Gatsby, that's a great use of acronyms.

Lisa, I'm interested in finding out how you like the Hoka. I wear mine some, but they just aren't as comfortable as my Asics.

tessa, nice 7 after teaching all day.

demaris, I'm continually impressed that you get so many miles in on weekdays.

hi marjorie, cindy and everyone else!

DD and I participated in an attempt to set a record for the largest kilt run yesterday. It was billed as a 200 yd sprint, but was a stroll. Fun, but no record.  I whipped out a couple kilts (costume style-no hems, etc) yesterday morning.  We also did the 8k fun run afterwards. It was hilly and fun.  There were a couple guys who went as Dukes of Hazard, complete with car.

4 of 12 in AG, with a pretty slow time. Really glad I did it though.

ginnyb

8 wretched miles on the TM this morning.  My stomach felt upset, my legs were dead, but I slogged through.  I hate when this happens.  Better runs later in the week I hope.

I ordered some Hokas too, but style Bondi (only one on sale in my size)  worth a try I figure, it was a great deal.

Camille....nice running!  I envy you and your sewing.  I do not enjoy sewing at all, wish I did.

Karen....you have way too much on your plate.  Hopefully after this week, you can just settle in to Texas!  Really exciting!

Tessa...I am sure you are making a difference.

Hi to all!  Have a good Sunday.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Back from 20 with the last 10 @ MP + 10%.  We got home from the baby shower late.  Sigh.

Carol, nice job on the 12.

Karen, hope you ran yesterday.

Tessa, hope your class went well.  Nice run.

Gatsby, hope the LR went well.

Marjorie, nice job on the 5.1 and yardwork.

Lisa, hope you like the Stinsons!

Camille, great job!

Ginny, nice 8.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Nice run today. Beautiful out

bern playing with ideas for outside. I know I'm doing a raised bed along the back fence. May make the front of it a gabion wall. I found some inspiration pics that were just gorgeous. There is a stone dealer here and the would deliver. I will show Dh when he gets up. He got called to a fire last night and didn't get home until 7 am

Gatsby I did cleaning on Friday. I like having the house tidy now if only Dh would cooperate (and the pups put away their toys)!

Tessa what kind if Mikes? Is that like a hard lemonade?

Camille a Kilt run?  Was this a st Patrick's thing?

i think Hokas would make me feel so tall!  How thick is the sole?  To me looks like I'd be over an inch taller than in normal running shoes

Marjorie

Did a short hilly run with DH on a fairly new, paved trail near us.  It goes along cliffs overlooking the ocean and used to be a section of Highway 1 before being bypassed by a tunnel.   Can't beat the views, sort of like a mini version of Big Sur marathon route (especially with the hills), but only 1.3 miles each direction.

Lisa, GinnyB -- interested to hear how the new Hokas work out!

Tessa, hopefully you didn't have to dine at Circle K last night.

Camille, a kilt run sounds fun.  Always funny to see that there are world records for things like that.

Damaris, nice long run.

Marjorie, a raised bed would be nice.  For veggies or flowers?

Need to get some chores done but having trouble getting off the couch...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby both. It is a large area so Dh will have an area for his garden plants and I can put other plantings in.

Marjorie