Womens Running

WAKE UP, IT'S WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 270 times)

LucyBelle

Morning ladies! 

RR: Had a pretty fantastic run last night. CRF and I headed over to the golf course across the street from us and ran 3.15 super hilly miles. I mean really hilly. And it felt great! I think running with someone else feels easier to me. Going to attempt ST tonight, hopefully I won't get home too late!

NRR: Well, I'm paranoid that I might have a tick bite, even though I don't think that's what it is. I mentioned yesterday I thought I had a spider bite, and when I talked about it at work, my editor became convinced it was a tick bite. She had one recently and the tick tested positive for Lyme, so she's paranoid about it now. I never saw a tick on me though and the bite doesn't really look like a bulls eye...but now I'm worried! Lyme is scary! I guess if the bite isn't better by tomorrow or starts looking like a bulls eye I will call the doctor. 

NRR2: Just deadline day. I'm hoping I get a lot done in a short amount of time and don't have to stay at the office super late!

Sassy: Hey, sometimes getting work done is more important than working out. And productivity is productivity! My ST tends to be the thing that falls by the wayside when I only have limited amounts of time to work out...running takes priority.

Jewel: I'm with the other ladies, wash the swimsuits by hand! That's what I usually do too. In the shower sometimes. LOL. I'm jealous of your regular mani/pedis!

MArunner: Hahaha, I used to eat cereal for dinner alllllll the time before CRF and I lived together. Now he won't let me, it has to be a proper meal. I have never been to an ugly sweater Christmas party and I really want to! I hope you'll post pics of your ugly maternity sweater!

POrun: Moving is SO time consuming and energy draining! I bet you will be so relieved after Friday! Will you post pics of the interior on FB when you're done? I love seeing how people decorate. It's like Pinterest, only real life!

Cara: Booo on the lack of appetite. It could be a side effect of adjusting to meds, too, and not just the thyroid issue. I went for 10 days eating nothing but crackers, Jello, toast, and popsicles. Now my appetite is back with a vengeance. Last night CRF said I ate a "large man's portion" of dinner. LOL. Hang in there!!!! You'll get through it soon.

GSD: Do you have a local newspaper? I know our paper does a "community calendar" (I should know as I'm the one who puts it together Joking) where we compile lots of family-friendly activities by date, and most of them are free. We even do a special holiday one from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Maybe you could find something like that to get ideas for activities?

RLTW: I dislike pretty much everything about your post. I will only be happy once you are feeling better.

Lizo: A massage! What a great reason to have to leave work at a reasonable time! Can I use that excuse? I hope it works out some toxins to get you feeling in tip-top shape!

Leela: What does GA stand for in your runs? I really need to try to keep the house neat during the week too...been doing OK so far, except for the kitchen, it's so hard to keep the kitchen clean when we're preparing 3 meals a day but we're gone for 8-10 hours a day...

Outwest: Yum, breakfast muffins! Have you posted a recipe? They sound yummy! I love muffins.

Monk: Wow our pumpkin pie stayed good for over a week, that stinks that yours got moldy. Did you keep it in the fridge? Glad you're all feeling better!

Nai: Oh man. Sorry about the tea spill. Did it burn? Did it stain? Hmmm Pilates Reformer...that sounds awesome...I think one of our veteran DIVAs that doesn't post anymore might teach that? 

Have an excellent day, all! Big grin

L e e l a

I'll have to be back for personals, but wanted to drop in to say to outwest that GA = general aerobic.  I think it's a Pfitz term, and the plan I'm following through our local track club's training program uses the same description.  It's running at higher exertion than a recovery/easy run but not tempo run.  You basically run at a pace that allows you to keep up a conversation. It's what most runs during a base training phase are run at.  I hope that helps!

TXAginMS

Morning ladies! I swear it took me 15 min to figure out that I couldnt reply to this because I wasnt logged in. I thought I had lost my mind because the reply button was nowhere to be found. Oy vey!

RR: Nothing yesterday. After Monday's hills my hip was bothering me something fierce. I'm shooting for a slow, short 3-5 miles tonight. HOpefully nothing bothers me. Sigh...

NRR: FInally getting in the holiday spirit. I put up tree #1 last night (out of 3). Its the only fake one we put up. The other two trees will be real (one big and one small). DH won't let me put up 4, believe me, I tried! LOL. Every year after Christmas I hit up the sales on Christmas stuff so when I unpack everything the following Christmas its like opening early gifts .Last year I had hit the jackpot. I had tons of new stuff to unpack last night. Tomorrow is DH's appointment with the urologist. Please keep us in your thoughts and send good vibes. He insisted that I not take off work because we need the money so I won't be going with him. I doubt he'll get a lot of answers out of one visit but hopefully they set up a plan of action for testing and such. I hate that we're dealing with this crap.

outwestrunner

Nai - Not training for anything, just trying to hit my goal for the year. I felt really great when I was running 7-7-7-10+ earlier this year and am almost back at that. It's great how easily the mileage is coming back after a while off.

Lucy - So glad you had a great run last night! I doubt you have a tick bite - have you been anywhere where ticks could be?

Leela - Ahh, okay, makes sense.  

LucyBelle

Lucy - So glad you had a great run last night! I doubt you have a tick bite - have you been anywhere where ticks could be?

My run on Saturday was in a park, but I stayed mostly on the gravel path. I did stop to pee behind a big rock off to the side (LOL) but it was all leaves, not grass, plus I obviously didn't sit down on the ground or anything. Plus the bite showed up more than 48 hours after that so...I don't know!

Tex: Careful with that hip!! I'm so eager to put our tree up! Ours is fake because, you know, our landlords suck and would probably freak about a real tree. CRF says no tree till at least Dec. 1st. He's a scrooge.

outwestrunner

Lucy - The muffins I'm making are pumpkin oatmeal http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,146182-238203,00.html

I substitute 1:1 for the applesauce, cut the brown sugar to 2T, and don't put on the topping. I eat these with peanut butter almost every day. I'm also trying out this recipe:  http://honestcooking.com/2011/05/02/cooking-the-magazines-cranberry-oatmeal-muffins/

Tex - Keeping you and DH in my thoughts. I hope you all can get some answers. I'm frustrated for you.

TXAginMS

Sassy- Way to go on getting work done at home. I think I'd always find somet;hing else to do if I had the option of working from home.

Jewel- I'm jealous of your mani/pedi. I'm too embarassed to let anyone touch my feet right now (and my bruised and black toenails hurt too much).

MA- Great job on the 4 miles. At least it was only one pit stop! An ugly sweater party sounds like fun!

PO- I hope work slows down for you soon. Sounds like its been crazy.

cara- did you see any good movies last night? I'm always looking for good ones to watch. 60 degrees sounds perfect!!!

GSD- I think its a good thing to get out of the house. I would go stir crazy. Hopefully you can find something fun to do. If the weather were nice I'd probably just go eat lunch in a park or something and take pictures of my kid (even if she's just in a stroller, at least its getting out). Hope you figure something out.

RLTW- Tons and tons of good vibes your way and lots of DIVA *hugs*. I really hope they can give you some relief.

lizo- Glad you're feeling better!

Leela- Enjoy your run! I can never keep my house clean. Especially my floors, 4 animals in one house is a lot for me to keep up with.

owr- I'm always so jealous of the fact that you can just wake up in the morning and go run some trails. We have no trails within less than an hours drive. it sucks.

monk- I'm sorry y'all have all been sick. That sucks about the pumpkin pie (my favorite). RIP monk's pumpkin pie.

Nai- Your tea incident sounds like something I would do. What a terrible way to start a moning. HOpe your day gets better! Good job with the streak!

Lucy- I agree,running with someone else does make it easier. If its not a bulls eye and you didnt see it, I wouldnt worry about it being a tick bite.

outwestrunner

Tex - The trails are definitely a major plus to living here, and I do NOT take them for granted. They done wonders for my running. I'm kind of worried about where we move next. I'd like to stay close to the trails so I don't eat up too many miles running to get to them. 

taylorma1

Hey ladies! Glad to see some new and some vet faces around here. I have chores and errands to do, so I need to make this quick, but I'll do a mini bio first:

23 years old (24 in one month, woo!). Grad student in Chicago studying Kinesiology and Anatomy. Graduate in the spring with my masters, then going on (hopefully) to get my PhD. I have been running since junior high. I did XC in jr high and high school, and just ran recreationally in college. I am now getting back to competitive running by doing 5ks and half and full marathons. First marathon was Chicago this year and ran it in 3:43. Hope to qualify for Boston at my next marathon, either in the spring or Chicago again in the fall.

RR: 8.5 mile run this morning with some hill sprints thrown in

NRR: so I met this guy from okcupid, and we are dating now Smile. He is a runner too, and he is pretty damn good too. His marathon time is 2:36. Our first date was a run, and then we had dinner and went ice skating for our 2nd date. He took my out to breakfast yesterday, and he is cooking me dinner tonight. I am quite happy now Smile

LucyBelle

Taylor: Hooray for an OKCupid match! I know you already know this but that's how CRF and I met. Smile I don't know if I've ever admitted that on the forum before...Blush So obviously it can work! I tell him all the time they should pay us to be on a commercial for them, LOL.

athenaofamerica

Oh dang... the West Coast lateness attacks again - too many posts! LOL! 

RR: Um, nothing? I didn't feel like skating last night so I didn't go. I think I'm recovering from my month of half marathons! I'm kind of in limbo for a while, but my friend and I worked out a "mini plan" until the 24th to keep me going.... I just have to get out there. However, now it's pouring rain and super windy (at least at work) which isn't very motivating! 

NRR: Another exciting day at work.... I've been lacking in motivation for quite some time now. I've been pulled from the boring, mundane admin work I used to do but now I don't have enough to do to keep me entertained! I'm hoping to transition to a new position, or at least start shadowing, but nothing has happened so far. Until then.... Sleepy

I shall attempt personals in a bit! 

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

MA runner girl

Page 1 personals:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that considers cereal dinner! It's hard enough cooking for only 2 people, I hate cooking for 1! And I'm not exactly motivated to...

PO - I'm glad you got your shipment out! That must be nice to have one thing off the to-do list. Good luck with the rest of moving, you are so close!

Cara - It's cold here too... but with no 60 degree days in the forecast! Boo. Your night last night sounds lovely! I hope you feel better ASAP and can start eating more, I cannot imagine.

gsd - Good luck finding things for you and M to do. I think the winter is tough for finding activities. I second the library though, I know around here there are lots of fun things going on there!

RLTW - Hugs! I'm so sorry you are feeling this badly. I hope that you have a good appt tomorrow and the surgery gets scheduled ASAP. Sending you lots of warm thoughts.

lizo - Mmm enjoy that massage! Sounds so good right now. Nice that you can get out of work at a reasonable hour for it. I hope you feel 100% ASAP! Lingering colds are the worst.

Leela - So good to see you! I'm glad you are enjoying running right now. It's so nice after months of following a rigirous plan to just take it easy for a bit. I'm ready to be back on a plan again though. Guess I'll be waiting a few months... Wink

Outwest - That does make me feel better, thank you! Big grin I hate when I let annoying work things get to me, but it happens! Hope you have a better day today.

Monk - I hope you can get back out there for a workout soon.

Nai - Hahaha that is totally something I would do! I hope you are dry and the boobs recover quickly. Ouch sounds painful! Great job with the running streak!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

NorCal

Good morning ladies! Happy Hump Day! Cool

RR. Had a good 6 miler last night with my running friend. My legs are tired today, so just rolling, stretching and abs/arms tonight. 

NRR. Well the storm is here, but it's just rainy, nothing too bad. I guess Friday/Saturday we are supposed to get 6 inches of rain which could cause major flooding. My building at work is build OVER a creek, which has flooded in the past, so we'll see what happens... 

Hey, good news here, I got a raise at work! Big grin Nothing huge, but at least it's something. I actually asked my boss for one a few weeks ago, and she said she'd think about it and then told me yesterday it was approved. 

MA- Good job on having a real dinner last night! When I'm left on my own, it's never a good thing! 

Sassy- Can't wait to see your Christmas cards this year with little G! 

Taylor- Exciting news about the new guy!!! Sounds great! 

Lizo- Enjoy your massage tonight. I'm getting on Friday! 

Nai- Ouchies! Burnt Boobies!!! Disapprove

Lucy- My mom had a tick bite and was dx with Lymes. BUT I am pretty sure that when a tick bites you, it stays in you. At least that is what I have experienced. Also when mom was bit, her bite was about 6 inches x 6 inches and all red with a huge bullseye. 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

Page 2:

Lucy - Hooray for a good run! I agree, running with someone is SOOO much easier! It feels physically easier but I'm sure it's just mental Wink I will definitely post pics of my ugly sweater!

Tx - Ha, I did the same thing yesterday when I couldn't reply! I'm glad you are "finally" in the holiday spirit! That made me LOL, it's only 11/28! I saw your tree on FB, very pretty! I have not done one thing holiday related yet, oops. Thinking of your DH! And you! Hugs.

Taylor - YAY I'm so happy for you! It sounds like this new guy is really great, and FAST... holy cow! Have fun with dinner tonight, how awesome that he can cook!

Athena - I hope you can stay motivated to workout! I had a rough October, but the last few weeks I've found my mojo again. It's always tough when the weather starts getting colder and darker earlier. I hope you get some excitement back at work soon.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

carawsb

Personals!  Big grin 

Gsd – I hope that you are able to find something that you and M can do outside the house!  I can definitely understand the cabin fever!  Glad to hear you were able to get in your run outside!

RLTW – Best of luck to you with your next appointment.  Safe travels to you, likewise.  Poor thing.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Sorry to hear that you had such a bad night.  Ugh.

Lizo – Oohh…  A massage sound great!  Plus, if it gets you out of work at a reasonable hour – double bonus!  I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Leela – I hope that you had a good run this morning!  Good luck keeping the house neat through the week; I always try and stay caught up but we tend to toss things all over when we get home at the end of the day.  It is hard to believe that Christmas celebrations will be starting so soon!  Yikes!

Outwestrunner – The muffins sound great!  Glad to hear that you had a good trail run this morning, likewise.  I am jealous.  We have to drive a ways to get to any real “trails” around here.  Kind of stinks.  Although, we do have a very good trail system in the community. 

Monk – Glad to hear that your family is all on the mend.  Sorry about the belly issue, though.  I, unfortunately, cannot offer much for advice in that regard!  Also, that stinks that your pie got moldy.  Boo.  Hopefully you will be able to make another one this weekend!

Nai – Ouch on the tea spill this morning!  Eek!  WTG on the running streak, too!  When I am finally good and healthy, I hope to do something like that.  Pilates Reformer Demo sounds very intriguing.  I wish I had more time to take classes…

Lucy – Did you pull a tick off of you?  I remember I had one stuck behind my ear as a kiddo, and my mom had to pull it out.  It was HUGE.  Eww…  It makes me shudder just thinking about it.  I would just keep an eye on the bite, and see if it gets worse.  Spider bites can do weird things, too.  Definitely call the doctor if it does not get better.  I am hoping the appetite will get better.  Last night was the first night I have not had to take a Zofran (anti-nausea medication) since starting back up.  I know it will get better.  My patience has truly been tested the past several weeks.  Oye.

TX – Thinking of you and your DH with the testing that is getting done.  I cannot believe you have three trees!  Ha!  Our cats have fun with just one; I am sure they would have a blast with two!  Hee…  Sorry to hear that your hip has been bugging you.  We watched a couple of documentaries last night.  Sometimes, it is just fun to watch a National Geographic show, or something kind of mindless like that.  Animals, nature, trees; they make me happy.

Taylor – Awesome on meeting a new guy!  It sounds like you have had some great dates so far!  Way to go on the run this morning, too!  Woo hoo! 

Athena – I am a proponent of resting when one does not feel like doing anything.  Although, there are some times where it makes you feel better.  But…  I am getting pretty good about figuring out when to listen to that inner voice.  I can relate on the lacking motivation.  I just got this new position, but have not had much to do the past several days.  It just makes me want to rip my hair out…

Norcal – Awesome on getting a raise!  I hope the storm does not get too bad.  We REALLY need rain here.  Our precipitation for the year is WAY below normal.  I am glad you had a great run last night!