Womens Running

WAKE UP, IT'S WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 270 times)

MA runner girl

NC (hope it's ok that I still call you that lol) - Congrats on the raise! Good for you for asking for one. It's such a big company here that we get our once a year raises unless it's a promotion. I hope the flooding isn't too bad!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Cara: Nope, I never saw a tick. And it doesn't seem to be getting worse today. I am so jealous you got Zofran! I was BEGGING for some and the doctor said no, because it "some studies" it's contraindicated with SSRIs. However, in my research, I found lots of people have taken it in conjunction with SSRIs. But hooray for not needing it last night!!!

EpiRunr

Eeeek!  DIVA ladies Smile

It has been forever since I've posted, but since we've moved to RA, I thought I'd pop in for a hello. 

It's Shiona, btw.

I hope everyone is doing well - I've been trying to keep up on FB, but it has been a CRAZY semester.  As of tomorrow, my teaching gig is over (other than the final exam), and I am pumped for a break. 

Speaking of, lecture starts in a 1/2 hour.  *sigh*  So, I must go.  I miss you all so much.  xoxo!

carawsb

Cara: Nope, I never saw a tick. And it doesn't seem to be getting worse today. I am so jealous you got Zofran! I was BEGGING for some and the doctor said no, because it "some studies" it's contraindicated with SSRIs. However, in my research, I found lots of people have taken it in conjunction with SSRIs. But hooray for not needing it last night!!!

I like having the Zofran, but I do not like having it.  It does back up your GI system, if you know what I mean; and, I cannot have any more of that than I already do right now. Blush  Also, I do not like relying on it all the time; when I have it - it is so easy to take it.  But, I was feeling so nauseated last Thursday I almost passed out (while peeling apples for an apple crisp Surprised); and, it has kept me from not sleeping the past week.  Joking  I am not going to refill it when I run out; I want to try and be better about facing my fears, also! Wink  

NorCal

Epi- Hi Shiona! Welcome to our little DIVA hideaway! I love seeing all of the RWOL posters here! 

MA- I have never worked somewhere that I had to ask for a raise, at my last job, my boss gave me several just because she thought I deserved it. And before that I was in government where there was a pay schedule and yearly COLAs. But I'm just glad my boss approved it! Not quite what I asked for, but it's something... 

Cara- I would gladly send you this rain, if I could! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Cara: Yeah, I hear you on the Zofran. It's probably better that they didn't give it to me because I'd become dependent! I think you're smart to want to "face your fears."

Epi: HI!!! Love how many posters are popping out of the woodwork to say hello.

MA runner girl

Shiona - HI! Good to see you!!!

I am SO. BORED. I'm pretty much caught up on my projects right now, so I basically have nothing but annoying admin things to do that I've been putting off, like report documentation and writing up my yearly review document. Basically those mind numbing things I never "have time for" but now I actually do and I don't want to do them! Wahhhh.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

carawsb

Hi EpiRunr!  Good to see you over here!  It definitely sounds like things have been crazy for you! Smile

So...  I am caught up with my work stuff again.  HarumphDisapprove  It takes all my willpower not to keep Googling about body functions, medications, etc.  Clown

outwestrunner

MA - Ha!  I was in the same situation last week.. sure I'd like a pdf of my signature but I don't want to do it NOW

LucyBelle

MArunner: Well, since you're bored with your work, do you want to come help with mine?? I have SO MUCH to do and am lacking the concentration/motivation to do it!! Some of it is such mindless typing - between our community calendar and police blotters, I have re-typed approximately 20 pages (in Word) of information. So. Tedious. Can I write my real stories now? Or just shop online for Christmas presents (which is what I'm mostly doing...)

carawsb

Hehehehe...  Lucy, I think shopping Online for Christmas presents is OK.  I have not even thought about what I am going to get people yet... Confused

LucyBelle

Cara: Well now that you're caught up with your work, you can spend some time thinking about it!!! Wink

SassySparky

Hi gals, trying for some personals …

Jewel – I soooo need a pedi. I want to get one this weekend for a b-day gift to myself!

MA – oh peeing is so annoying when running. I used to do a 3.4 mile route  just because there was a bathroom right in the middle of it!

PO – yay for moving into the new place!!

Cara – I used to only workout in the evenings, and then decided to run in the mornings a few years ago because it was interefering with my

social life as a grad student (LOL).  Now I love morning workouts but I wish I could get back into evening workouts occasionally! I’m sorry your appetite isn’t back yet – can you eat any nut butters or snack on nuts or avocados, or do they not work for you?

GSD – hope you guys can find something to get out of the house for! Do you have a Gymboree or a Kids Museum nearby?

OWR – nice job on 7 miles on a weekday! Jeesh!

Lizo – glad you seem to be feeling better!

Nai – I can try sending it to your regular email account and see what happens! Sorry about spilling tea!

Lucy – hope it’s not a tick bite. Since no deer have licked you recently I think you are probably safe.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

carawsb

My standby is usually a gift card of some sort, delivered in a bag of goodies that accompany that gift card.  Smile  We will get something like movie gift certificates, and then give a bag of popcorn, etc.  I try to do something a little more original, but also give gifts that people can pick what they want.  DH and I still have to talk about what our plans are... Smile

outwestrunner

Lucy – hope it’s not a tick bite. Since no deer have licked you recently I think you are probably safe.

Sassy - I actually thought of this same episode when I first read Lucy's post!