Womens Running

Wherefore Art Thou Weekend? Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

Time to start looking for it!

Have a good hump day!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I am still looking for Wednesday, let alone the Weekend. Hee!

Crazysue, I love the outfits. That brings out memories. I started exercising when I turned 40 and kept going with aerobics.

Tuesday's workout was another 35 minutes of running, then intervals with coach. Since the ankles stiffened up after Monday's workout, I added 35 minutes of cardio DVD when I got home. Lo and Behold, I did NOT stiffen up. Somehow the cardio seems to be like a gradual slowing down or cool down. Anyway, it works.

Today will be a track run, then out with a friend and a little study after that.

`````````````````````````````````````   < I just cleaned my keyboard with canned air. 

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning, Judy!

lisa, I loved the report with the pics. I'm fact, I told a runner who is planning to do it nest year that I'll try to send it to him when I get back to cabin.  I hope pics will copy.

Tessa, thanks for the laugh about extra deep concrete.

karen, I'm going to mt Mitchell today.   Taking a slightly quicker route to top- my car.

ginny-way to go on the half! Btw-liked pic of son.

sue, great pic!

Marjorie, I'm sure you're out getting in 10.

hi to everyone else.

i did about 8 over 3 runs esterday.  Boone had a great greenway. I kept forgetting to turn run keeper back on after taking a pic. 3 times-fast learner here.  I also jog hikef a couple trails to water falls-jog down, hiked up.  The Parkway is really beautiful now. I'm finishing N C part today and meeting my Ga community'shiking club for  hikes in NE ga mTns next 2 days. Time to move...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa re quad soreness probably them working harder with the feet giving out. They were probably taking up the slack from the feet

had to leave early today for meeting. I wanted to run 10 and didn't have time since I've never been to this office and wasn't sure where it was (they just moved it).  I wanted to make sure with traffic etc and give time if gps wasn't exactly right. Since I couldn't run what I wanted I didn't run. Maybe later if I'm not at centers until late tonight.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  5 miles with Jeffrey this morning.  Loving this cooler weather.  Well, cool for us anyway.

Judy--cool down helps me too.  I am always in a hurry to get to work after my run and need to stop long enough to stretch.

Lisa--ouch

Camille--sounds like a nice place to run

Karen--wow they are really moving on your house!

Y'all have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. I have been trying to fight off a migraine since Monday. It's my normal, every 3 months migraine. Hit hard this morning at 5 a.m. after two days of feeling generally tired and achy. Being swamped at work has not helped things. I'm hoping to feel good enough after work to get some sort of exercise in - a run if the rain has stopped, or a short trainer ride in the basement if still raining.

camille, enjoy Mount Mitchell!! I am still thankful that when I ran there the weather was bad enough that they wouldn't let us take the trail all the way to the top, so we ran the last few miles to the top on that road!

Susan, I was surprised how far along they are. They originally said January completion, then February, now it may be January again. I'm planning on moving down the middle of March so the house doesn't sit vacant too long - if they keep up at this pace I may have to move up my schedule! For those not on facebook, this is the progress on our new house:

When finished, those windows on the side will look out onto the next house (which hasn't been started yet). Welcome to suburbia! Our lot is narrow but long, which will allow for a good sized pool in the back.

Marjorie, hope you are able to get a run in!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I forgot, I don't think I ever got on here to say, Yes! Ginny and Lisa, run the half at Toledo!! But then you have to wait around for me to finish, so we can have lunch. I figure with you guys each coming from an hour in opposite directions, dinner the night before might be hard. I just checked and they do have race day packet pickup, but I will probably get mine the day before, so if you guys did too, maybe we could do an early dinner on Saturday. We will figure it all out, but YES, run!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....

I was thinking of going to Toledo the day before.   Not really liking the idea of an hour drive that morning.  House looks like it is going to be really nice.

Feeling under the weather today so took a sick day.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

The biggest thing that would keep me from Toledo is Kaite's forensics schedule but otherwise I'd be in for the half.  But since this is the weekend before the state finals we should be good.

Lisa

I meant to check back in here days ago, sorry that didn't happen!   I don't have an awesome RR for you but below is a short and sweet recap plus some pics.  I saw Lisa's and GinnyB's race reports -- well done ladies!  And CrazySue, loved the jazzercise outfits!  I'll be back here this weekend to catch up with everyone else.

Came back from Toronto late on Monday after a great weekend with 25 gals from the Ladies Locker Room forum here on RA.  On Sunday, I and a few others in the group ran the Toronto marathon, a few ran the HM, some ran the 5K, and some just spectated.  Lots of fun, and the race was very well done too.  Mostly flat, with a couple small hills and overpasses. Weather was perfect, in the 40s at the start and around 60 at the finish.  I ran with a couple of friends for about 18 miles, when I started feeling pain in my lower back.  (Not sure why, maybe I need more core strength?  It just started happening this year on long runs.)   Anyway, I stopped a few times to stretch out my back and finished in 4:23:56, which I'm happy with.

This is me (on the right) and my two friends at around mile 10.  The photo was taken by race staff using my friend's camera -- they were going by on a motor bike and she handed it to them.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10348646_10205082491771047_3286309780404261030_n.jpg?oh=92519c7508aace41b6d72c0280af60a8&oe=54F34E67

Finished!

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p526x296/10525822_10104809720663099_7086859746355817851_n.jpg?oh=3b8eb60d47714357641c9ba9f37282d2&oe=54B51539

This is a photo from the Toronto Marathon's FB page, promoting the 2015 race (I should get royalties!):

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10660226_785995078140603_1922877790659683102_n.jpg?oh=fa4bf43a3e71f0d35811c51737cbb846&oe=54BA2596

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR