Post!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Wondering if the race I’m crewing for will go off.  Wildfires in Oregon, close enough to Bend with the wind blowing the smoke toward ls Bend, that I’m not too sure.  AQI has been bad.  Margaret and I both are frustrated they’re waiting until Thursday to make the call when likely most people will already be in their way.  

Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight and HOPING my two cohorts make it.  They’re not the most on time ladies.  I’d be hosed if that happens.  It is a 2.5 hour drive from the airport to Bend.  Bend is small and can be expensive to fly into.  

Chatted with my new running coach last night.  I’m hoping to get out for a couple of short wanders while I’m gone, but I just don’t know being I’m dependent on others and their schedules.  Starting back up in earnest next week. I’m finally ready to get back out there.  

Have a great day all. 

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

With all the wildfires, it seems the whole world is on fire

4.3 miles today.I love the hilly roads but I'm not used to them. Windsor is flat

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Next update on the race is not until tomorrow, which is when I'm driving up.  I doubt the update will come out until the evening, and it might just be "We're still monitoring conditions because things change quickly!"  Like they said on Sunday.  It's entirely possible that I'll decide not to do it, even if the race goes forward, if I think the conditions are too bad.

Regardless of what happens with the race, I'm off until next Wednesday, yay.  Did 6 niles yesterday, easy 4 on the schedule for today.  Have lots of chores to do today, too.  Best get moving.

Kat, hope to see you there.  Hope your runners made it to the plane.  And hope things miraculously improve with the Lookout fire, for all concerned, not just for the race.

Lori, nice run.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Oh gosh--I hope the race isn't cancelled--would be nice for them to make that decision before you travel!!

3 miles this morning w Scamp. Hot and steamy. It was only 86F this morning so I decided to give it a try.

Funeral yesterday for my running bestie's husband was tough. He was fire chief, so the entire FD was there, with flags flying from the ladder truck + honor guard. Nice touch.  It was packed, as expected, and we were in line to pay respects. We were next, and this disheveled alcohol-smelly woman cut in front of us "Excuse me, I need to be next". I had seen her arrive (tacky hair, shorty beach-coverup looking t-shirt dress and black flip flops).  She gives Cissy a big hug and is sobbing. Cissy says, "I'm sorry--who are you?" "I'm Katie--you neighbor" "Oh right, thank you for coming".  Katie sobs for a moment and then leaves.

As the service begins, Katie sits on the front row. At the end of the service, the minister asks for a moment of silence for the family's final viewing and closure of the casket.  Cissy understandably is sobbing, and Katie jumps up and says "Wait--I need to speak. Cissy won't mind, will you"? Poor Cis has her head buried in her brother's shoulder and is waving at Katie like "get away, whatever, just get away". and Katie proceeds to read some Facebook-type poem about loss of a loved one. Then Katie starts sobbing and blubbering at the podium. IDK why the funeral home people don't haul her off, and the minister looked like he wanted to but didn't know if he should. Finally she finished. We're all looking at each other like OMG--WTH just happened here??? Then the family AND Katie get into the hearse.

It was really just a crazy thing, to watch someone crash the funeral.

They don't have any long-term neighbors, and the ones they do have are nutcases. And this one decides to show up for the funeral.

It was just something else, like a scene from a B-rated movie.

Rant over. It was just such a shock.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sue...omg. I can't even fathom that. What is wrong with people? An added pain to an already horrible situation. I'm sorry for your loss.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RD for me.

Busy in office day as I start prepping for Trial # 2, which is now #1...

Sue, that is crazy! Poor Cissy.

Damaris

Thanks.  That was just crazy.

Anonymous Guest

Home after a couple nights camping in the forest just a few miles north of here. Dogs did lots of playing and roaming around and hiking. I rode my mountain bike a little and did a short trail run. DH rode a couple times. (plus we both hiked with the dogs) It was fun, and good to tire out the dogs, who were still a little tired from last week's camping trip.

Kathryn and Margaret, I hope the smoke clears and the race is a go!

Susan, how awful on the neighbor at the funeral. What a horrible situation.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

CrazySue, OMG, how horrible for Cissy.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles before work with intervals & lower body weights after.

CrazySue, OMG, how horrible. I imagine everyone there was just in a state of shock from the funeral and then to have someone crash it like that.

GatsbyBird, hopefully there is a decision made, or clear information.