Womens Running

Fried Chicken and Macaroni WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Going to enjoy it Smile

Didn't do much yesterday - hair apt and then grocery store. It was too hot to do anything. HCF was trimming bushes out front for a while in the morning and Ruger was laying in the yard. I found several ticks on him. They don't really latch on due to whatever the pill does that he takes once a month - but those bastards could have ended up on HCF or I! YUCK. I hate Summer.

Not sure what is going on today. One of my best friends is going through a tough time right now so I will probably head over to her place for a little while. Do you ladies know that HCF wanted me to visit with his parents again today? AGIAN? I said, we just spend the 4th with them..I can't do two visits one week. Sorry. He said they found out that my parents saw the land we are buying and are upset. OMG. How old are we?! I can't take it. I told him to go without me. That may make me sound like a bitch but I CAN'T do twice in one week. I can hardly do twice in 2 weeks. Mini vent.

Carol - Woohoo! Nice working out for you lately. Any new races coming up?

Docket - Oh yes, the wedding website - click here. I had to make one for people to have directions and such. I heard about the gas explosion - that is awful. I hope none of your friends were affected! Nice job on the run! Hope your headache is better today.

Kathryn - My brother loves chicken and waffles. I can’t get into it..I like waffles just the way the are. Oh no on the dream! I had one like that Thursday night - its scary! Any walk is a good walk Smile You home make crab cakes?! YUM!!!

Karen - Nice job on the 14. Sorry it wasn’t what you were shooting for, but damn. Who can blame you for not doing the full 16 with those temperatures!!! I am not sure I would have even done 5! Nice job. I am trying to tell myself that during the training plan, if its too hot to make it through the speed work or longer runs - to just do what I can. Thats hard to do. Debating whether to do another 50 mile week this week. Training mileage is low the first couple weeks..decisions decisions! How exciting on the OR trip! Geez, its that time already? I am quite positive you will have some fabulous running there Smile You have to keep us posted on what your realtor finds!!

Lisa - Wow, nice running for you over the past few days. I saw that picture of the deer flies you posted! WOW! I don’t think we have those around here. Yuck.

Tessa - Stay safe! Have you had power outages from the quakes?? Nice job on the run! YUM corn and burgers sound so good! When my brother was here he told me a neat trick that I never tried before - old bay on corn!

Margaret - Interesting about the quakes. We actually had one here a few years ago. Nothing crazy like the ones in CA - but enough that everyone felt it and freaked out. KILLER run yesterday! Nice job! Gorgeous picture you posted on Strava! I want to be you when I grow up Smile Good luck on the run and kettlebells today!

Happy Sunday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Liz - Yikes on HCF’s family ...     I get it, we have always lived multiple states away from DH’s family...by choice..his choice, actually.

Tessa/Margaret - Ugh on the earthquakes!  Enough already.

Lisa - those deer flies are annoying!!!  Will be interested to see what you come up with for 2020,

Karen - I don’t know how you run in that heat and humidity!  How fun that you will be right by the PCT!

Hi hi to All!

Nice few miles on the trail yesterday, then DH and I did a bike ride last night.  I’m contemplating what is up next for a race....I really do love to have something to target for training.  Have a couple of friends doing Detroit Full...I think that is still my favorite.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, there is no link to what you posted.  Enjoy the rest!  Poor Ruger!

Carol, nice miles.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, so jealous of your trip to OR!  You will love it.  So pretty there.  Parts of it I really miss.

Damaris, scary about the explosion.

Lisa, have fun with the Trail Sisters today.  I wish we had one closer.  Austin is the nearest - 2 hours away.

Tessa, nice miles!!  Glad you found some you time.  You have been so busy lately.

Margaret, 21.5 - you're a rockstar.  Awesome nap after.

Lizzie, Nexgard keeps the ticks off.  Sorry about the in-laws, ugh.

Carol, I like goals too, makes it easier to get going.

No, I haven't made the crab cakes yet, still need eggs.  Tonight I hope.

Yesterday I was a naughty girl.  Spur of the moment I bought a new laptop.  UGH.  Need it like I need a hole in the head, but it is a nice upgrade.

Oh yeah, running.  Got a strong 5 miles in.  Well, strong for me!!!  hehehe.  Still slow as shit with all the walking, but I am working on more running, less walking - it is a perpetual goal.  I did better today.

Off to the shower than work, blech.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

6 this morning. Still hot, still humid. I need to do some cleaning today, other than that not much going on. I jumped in the pool after my run and that felt pretty awesome, so I may hang out in there this afternoon some.

Margaret, nice, nice run for you.

Liz, I hear you on too much time with the in-laws. DH's parents lived close to his sister, then when her kids got older and DH's brother had kids, they moved from KY to OH to a house just down the street from his brother. Sometimes not having kids is a blessing . I like them okay in small doses.

Carol, Detroit full is always a good choice. I liked that race a lot. And hey, that's where I met you for the first time I think.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles yesterday and today. Both runs were equally awful. This weather sucks.

KatS, we often make crab cakes without egg. The mayo & mustard binds everything.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I was too dehydrated after my migraine because my run sucked monkey balls. Had to stop, get off the TM on occasion but concentrated to continue moving until i was done. Good practice for a bum marathon.

I am so tired now.

Damaris

Damaris, lol at your description of the sucky monkey balls run.

Liz, there is no link to what you posted.  Enjoy the rest!  Poor Ruger!

Here, try this: http://toddandliz.minted.us

Lizzie, totally get not wanting to spend THAT MUCH TIME with the in-laws.  Once a week is plenty, more than enough, really.  And WTH on them complaining about the property you're buying?!  They seem to have some issues letting go and not controlling everything...

Carol, having a goal race is fun.  Detroit would be cool.  That's the one that crosses over into Canada, right?

Kat, nice strong 5 today!  Good luck at work.

HCK, Karen -- ugh on the crappy weather but hey, you got the miles done.

15 today plus kettlebells.  Finished the week with 61.6.  Cut-back time until TRT 50 on July 20th.  Hooray for Team USA winning the World Cup! (Although I forgot about the game until I was halfway through my run, oops.)  Time for chores and yard work.  Maybe another nap.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I take it your DH has not heard of the New Madrid fault? Probably better to let sleeping tectonic plates lie...