Womens Running

Loving the Long Weekend (dailies) (Read 15 times)

LC Runs

Happy Saturday, I am enjoying this extended weekend!

Heading out shortly for a run, probably 5 miles. It's still pretty chilly here so I am waiting for it to warm up a bit.

Hanging around the house today, probably (maybe) putting out some holiday decorations. I guess that will force me to clean LOL.

Anonymous Guest

I may run a little today. Nothing on my agenda until this evening. The first of the cousins flies in this afternoon and the rest don’t come until tomorrow, so dinner with him at my moms house.

I am doing okay. Sad, but it is really nice to be able to spend so much time with my family.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have either 6 or my LR. It's warmer today than tomorrow and we might dip into the 60s, so likely my 6 because I don't like that heat for my LR, LOL!

I lifted yesterday and my middle back is tight, so likely won't lift for another week. Every time I get into a routine to lift, the back does not like it, so back to Barre it is.

LC, good luck!

Karen, hugs.

Damaris

Sort of an extended weekend, but sort of not.  Friday was not a holiday for us government workers, but there was so little going one that it might have well been a day off.  I did get a couple things done, at least.

LC, enjoy the chilly run.  It was upper 20s over night at Dino Valley and I thought that was pretty darn cold.  But I know that's no big deal for some folks.

Karen, I'm sure the holidays will raise all sorts of memories and feelings.  Good that you are with your family.  I was thinking how smart you were to have your dad write down stories and memories for that monthly subscription project.

Damaris, enjoy the run or RD.

We had thanksgiving dinner round #2 last night with the neighbors, who ended up with a lot of leftover from their friendsgiving.  We usually go to their house for turkey day, but not if my brother is hosting, like this year.  Going out for a walk shortly.  Going to finish up my RR from Dino Valley today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I made my own long weekend and took yesterday and today off work. I'm too old for 6 day workweeks especially on afternoons and especially given that we've had so many weeks off in the past 3 years that I've had a taste of retirement and I like it. 😏 I can't wait for the real deal.

10k in my neighbourhood today.

Damaris,  funny you should mention your back. My lower back is messed up this week too. I'm not sure if it was due to running in last weekend's bitter cold or the baby weights.

Karen,  cherish the memories and,  even if it isn't the preferable way, enjoy your relative's company. I also meant to tell you I'm reading The Winners by fredrik backman. It's the third book in a trilogy that started with Beartown.  It's really good. Then again,  how could it not be? All his books are great. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie adaptation of A Man Called Ove. (Although they anglicized the title to A Man Called Otto).

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Karen,  cherish the memories and,  even if it isn't the preferable way, enjoy your relative's company. I also meant to tell you I'm reading The Winners by fredrik backman. It's the third book in a trilogy that started with Beartown.  It's really good. Then again,  how could it not be? All his books are great. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie adaptation of A Man Called Ove. (Although they anglicized the title to A Man Called Otto).

I’m also a huge fan of Fredrik Backman after Karen recommended A Man Called Ove.  I just read Britt-Marie Was Here. Anxious People is one of my favorite books ever.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Ended up running 6  - it's a beautiful day here.

I am holding off on the decorating because with 3 kids home, their stuff is kind of in the way. Maybe tomorrow LOL. Watching the UMv Ohio State game with the boys right now.

Karen - thinking of you, glad you have your family around for comfort.

Damaris - ugh, back problems are not fun, mine goes out every few months and it's a miserable few days.

Margaret - your Thanksgiving #2 sounds fun!  Sorry you had to work yesterday, but glad it was a quiet day!

Lori - nice 10k! I totally agree on the retirement!

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles and a glute workout. DH is watching THE GAME in the basement with 2 friends, so I am staying upstairs.

LCRuns, there are lots of holiday decorations already up here. I think people took advantge of the really nice days to do it.

AnonymousGuest, are you still in the van? Hope the family time is all pleasant.

Docket, yea, it was warm here too. Although windy, so when I was going into the wind, it was much cooler.

GatsbyBird, we got the day off on Friday. Initially it was going ot be liberal wfh for those who didn't take vacation, which I'm guessing meant have e-mail up and watch for none to come through.

BerthaSlayer, I definitely didn;t miss working this past week, but need to find something to do for when we retire. When that will be, who knows. DH jokes about quitting his job, in which case I need to keep mine to insure his ass. Oh, he's 8 years older than me, so good chance I will be retired fairly young.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

HCK... my hubby has been retired for 8 years and I'm uber jealous. However,  he has no pension so I need my full one. I am eligible for a full pension in 4 years and 3 months and 2 weeks. But who's counting? Lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Uber quickly, made it to Vietnam mostly uneventfully.  Got in at midnight after. Tiny detour by the driver.  We went near the hotel, but not to it.  A little nerve wracking at that hour, but since I could see it, I wasn’t particularly worried even though we were down some deserted side ally.  The flights were horrendous. So long, about 30 hours of travel.  Huge cankles which are still puffy and even my calves swelled which has never happened before and was mildly uncomfortable.  Up way too early today but did manage a few hours of sleep.  Today is a mystery.  We shall see what I get up to.   At breakfast now.  I ordered tea, then saw a latte walk by.  I think there’s a Starbucks semi-close

Toodles all.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Lori, I've got a few weeks to go on the library waiting list for that one. I didn't realize it had come out right when it did, so I was way down on the waiting list. Glad to hear it's good (but not surprised)! I just finished The Girl in His Shadow and it was really good. I think Sandy recommended that one.

HCK, we slept the first night in the van in my sister's driveway, after that we've been in her house. She has an old little dog that gets kinda nervous around these two though, so when we leave we take the dogs and they hang out (mostly sleep) in the van. Not the perfect situation, but they seem to do okay. Really glad we have the van though - it's kind of turned into a rolling kennel and I don't know how we'd have made this work without it.

Laura, I didn't see the game but from what I heard, you guys probably enjoyed it! My uncle from Ohio did not....

Kat, so glad you made it safely! Enjoy the trip!

No running. Still just not feeling it. I'm going to consider that hour+ I spent at Kohl's with my mom and her sister yesterday XT. Visitation this afternoon and then dinner at one of my dad's favorite restaurants. We will probably head home Tuesday.

LC Runs

5.7 miles for me. I kind of pooped out right at 3 miles and stopped to walk for a bit, then I got a second wind and finished with no issues.

Don't wanna go back to work tomorrow...

Kathi - nice 8! We have no outside decorations, we are definitely hit or miss with those LOL

Lori  - 4 years seems like a long time but it will go by quickly!

Kat - glad you arrived safely, the travel there and back is always stressful, but I know you'll have a great time now that you've arrived!

Karen - well, we got to watch 3/4 of the game, the stream I was watching was apparently pirated so it stopped. And, all of the good action happened after that LOL.

Not sure if anything is going on today, I have kids leaving at various times so will probably hang around the house until at least mid afternoon.

Anonymous Guest

Visitations are hard y’all. Dinner with the aunts, uncles and cousins was fun though. I think there were 37 of us for dinner.