Womens Running

Finally Fridaily! (Read 11 times)

Boy, this week dragged.  But it’s almost the weekend!

Any fun plans?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Damaris, yay for new kitties!

Nothing too exciting here. Have a court hearing via Zoom today, which is a little unusual. Courts are not usually interested enough in my cases to hold hearings.  SRD today, long-ish run tomorrow. Briefly considered meeting up with a group but will probably stay closer to home so I can have a lazy morning. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sad the week is over because, although everybody else comes to the office Thursday or Friday next week, I have to go Wednesday for a court hearing, and I'm not looking forward to that. Having said that, I'm off on Monday for a massage and to pick up my Tesla, so there is that.

I have 6 later and Pilates. The electricians are here putting the Tesla charger in the garage, the new girl is hiding behind the TV still and not sure if she has even eaten, and I still need to pick up the other girl later today.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Margaret!!  Semi weekend here, off today, work tomorrow, off Sunday.  Good luck with the zoom!

Damaris, yay on the kitties!  How many does that make for you?  Looking forward to seeing the other one!  Both adults?  How many in your household now??

Hi Judy, nice to hear from you.  Enjoy your classes.

9 on tap soon.  Not sure how I feel going in.  The last few runs haven't been great.  Makes me nervous.  My new coach (yes, I parted with the other, he was a solid friend and I had anxiety over working with a friend) is super into positive self talk.  I think it will be great, once I re-learn how to do that.  Young and enthusiastic.  We just started, so we shall see.  A bit easier to talk to then the old one.  Loved him, but like I said, anxiety.

YES Margaret, fun later.  The girls from my running group are getting together for HH later.  Yippie.  Sunday there is a Trail Sisters Zoom about transitioning to a 100 mile race, figured it would be a good thing to join in on.

Funny, I have all sorts of extra warm gear (and a new Kogalla, ugh) coming after reading the wrong forecast for my race next weekend. Down skirt (came today, cute), gloves (two pairs now, missing one each), and thermal tights.  The REAL weather... 60 high, 40-44 low.  Not bad, still rain on Sunday.  Hopefully after I finish.

Ramble, ramble, ramble...  (Who me??)

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, when does the Tesla come?  Are the girls a bonded pair??

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, with both we will be back to 5 cats. But this one is a scared cat for sure. I made a huge mistake. I tried to change Gracie from one room to another. She kept hiding behind the TV then a table, where she dumped a bunch of old DVDs on top of her, then she cried more scared and thinking I threw those at her and wanted to kill her. Then she ran down the hallway and down the stairs and then hid under my piano. I finally caught her crying like a banshee scared and put her in her new bedroom. Lord, I feel like a bad mom. She won't come out until 2030 now. The Tesla is delivered Monday. They are not bonded pairs, which is why they didn't give her to me yesterday.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Nice and easy 5 miles for me today. All feels good today, will see how tomorrow feels.

No exciting weekend plans here. I feel like we had enough excitement for January, so just hanging around the house and maybe some cleaning.

Damaris, exciting on the new kitty, the next new kitty, and the Tesla!

Kathryn, exciting on the new coach. I think positive self talk is a really big part of running, and even more so for ultras. The Trail Sisters zoom sounds interesting - let us know if you learn anything good from it!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I couldn't bring Kahlua home because she is not spayed so they will do that next week. Oops.

Tesla charger installed. T-3 days!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Challenging nine, but I did it.

Damaris, new kitty would likely be traumatized just about anywhere.  You're a great kitty mom.

Karen, glad all feels good!!  Yes, positive self talk  It's a struggle for me to find positives though, starting is hard and frustrating.  But I am tired now from the run, and it is such a satisfying tired!!!

Shower then HH.

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My problem is that I have to give her ear drops for three more days twice a day. Poor girl.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill plus strength training this morning. ADid some grocery shoppoing after work. Annoyed. I bough some mini whoopie pies that have a butter rum sticker on them. They aren't. The sticker on the bottom is ccrrect, peanut butter. I called the store to tell them they have a big issue with this.

GatsbyBird, oh, yes, this week definitely dragged.

Docket, is the court hearing in person or do you need to go into an empty office for it? I'm happier when I don;t have to be around anyone at work.

KatS, I'm sure at somme point the warm clothes will come in handy.

AnonymousGuest, nice 5.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's in person and the government won't let me go into court and leave for home, so I have to work in the office alone all day. I really don't want to be there the hole day thought; no water fountain on the floor, no food unless I go outside and walk a couple of blocks, it sucks.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today. No running but hubs and I dusted off our  cross country skis and tried them out for a few minutes at the local park. Took us awhile to remember how to snap our boots into them.

I took the day off because... Friday and afternoon shift makes for evil Lori. Lol.  Had a massage on my wonky leg.  That felt good. But what felt even better? Finishing to find out I'm laid off next week.  Thank heavens. I'm tired. Lol.

DS is down for the weekend. He's camping on our basement couch when not visiting his buddies. We really need to get a futon or small bed for the spare bedroom.

HCK... what is a whoopie pie? I know what a whoopie cushion is but I'm sure it's not THAT. Lol.

Damaris....I want a kitty but hubs is allergic and I promised him no more pets.  He may cave in on another dog at some point however.

Karen... which location is your next travel destination?

Kats.  ... it's all muscle memory. You KNOW you've got this. Remember when you dragged me through 17 miles in your Chucks? (I think that's what they're called) . You got this!!!!!

Margaret.... when is your next race?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

BerthaSlayer, whoopie pies are a cake-like cookie sandwich with some sort of icing/filling. A pretty common (and very tasty) variety is chocolate cookie with marshmellow creme inside.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

HCK....I need those

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**