Womens Running

Never Forget WEDNESDAY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I was at work driving a jitney.  A coworker came by and told me about the first tower.  We assumed a freak accident. When he came back and told me about the second tower we knew something bad was happening. As soon as break came I went to the cafeteria to see the televisions were tuned in and I saw about the Pentagon. I got so freaked. I called hubby who had no idea and he left work to go pick up the kids and took them to his mother. So so so sad for all those lives.

My legs feel much better but still have aches so I'm not even going to consider running until Saturday at the earliest. Toes are still tender too but they are less swollen. I'm going to invest in some calf compression sleeves. Might help my varicose veins anyway.

Karen... I can't remember.... what type of work do you do? I know you're job hunting. That and condo shopping must have you so stressed. So yes.... drive the 15 hours. I've seen Trains Planes and Automobiles and so I cringe for anyone flying on American Thanksgiving

Liz.... so selfish of those who are trying to impose THEIR wishes on YOUR wedding day. Hugs.

I have to wave hi to everybody else. phone battery is dying. ugh

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was at work. I remember it being a beautiful fall morning and I was in a lousy mood becuase traffic going into work had been awful. When I heard about the first plane, I assume it was a small plane. It wasn't until the second one hit that the news got out it was not a small one. DH (at the time BF) had gotten an e-mail earlier that morning about an upcoming conference or training at Marsh & McClennan in the WTC.

Rest day today. Got home really late because I was at one of our other campuses and my throat hurts.

Anonymous Guest

I so wanted to just provide a piece of paper for the Corvette repair that said "as his wife, I'd also like an explanation."

Karen... I can't remember.... what type of work do you do? I know you're job hunting. That and condo shopping must have you so stressed. So yes.... drive the 15 hours. I've seen Trains Planes and Automobiles and so I cringe for anyone flying on American Thanksgiving

My degree is in civil engineering, but I mostly did technical marketing, then moved into program management and meeting facilitation/organization my last several years. I worked for a LOT of places, Exxon, several different consulting engineering firms, a sailmaker, and finally a couple different trade associations, which is where I'm hoping to get back in the door. Fortunately there is an association for everything. Unfortunately, probably 95% of them are located in the DC area, which is why I'm looking for places that will do telecommuting. It's not too super stressful since I really don't need a job, but I would like one. I think.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel