Womens Running

Run Around Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.  I really should take a rest day, but since my days at the gym are numbered (and I can't afford to get a membership until I have a new job), I want to lift heavy while I still can.  KB and TRX at home are ok for maintenance but not so good for building strength.

KR - usually on Tuesday he goes to next door daycare lady in the afternoon only, but she had an appointment yesterday so he went to preschool for the full day, first time doing that.  Stayed dry overnight for 3 nights in a row.  Pooped in the big potty at the community centre yesterday.

FR - chinese sausage fried rice, gotta shop.

WR - need to make an appointment with Class A Dick Manager at the gym, G and I were rehearsing what I'd say to him and G will help me write a nasty letter of resignation because he's much better at that sort of thing than I.  He thinks I should try to find some contact info for HR so I can report the thing he said about how everything I do outside the gym is less important than training his clients who paid big money.  I am stressed over this meeting though, this asshole is intimidating me and I HATE IT! hence the nasty letter and report to HR - I won't just quit and leave there letting him think he bullied me into leaving.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - ST, probably tonight after S goes to bed. Run yesterday started out at a good pace and then got pokey again. Although, I got spotted by a friend who was in town on a field trip with her son and she said I looked "speedy and relaxed". So at least I don't look like a turtle, ha ha.

TR - We were walking around the neighbourhood yesterday, and there were some boys crashing their bikes into each other. S climbed up on a snowbank and yelled "Be careful, boys!". She was also fascinated by some girls roller blading, so I am thinking I should look for a little pair of roller skates for her for the summer.

FR - Warm chicken salad over sauteed spinach

NRR - Heading out to grocery shop soon and then meeting a friend for a play date later this morning, provided she has not gone into labour yet. She has a DS a week older than S and is due with her second this week.

~~~~

zorbs - Oh yeah, I forgot that this whole job debacle would make you lose your gym access  I think the report to HR is a great idea. I would also suggest that you take notes during your meeting with the dickhead, because sometimes it can be hard to remember exactly what went down after the fact, especially if you are upset. Soooo, next career move - move to MA and open your own gym? 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR/KR - exercise will be chasing after a grade 2 class on their class trip to the maple syrup place.  I am actually looking forward to it.

FR - MIL invited us over.  YAY!

NRR - Have been doing quite well with my grocery budget.  One of the payoffs (besides saving a couple of dollars) has been wasting less. I am pretty aware of what we have and I try to find ways to use it.  It is a bit stressful at times, but I think it will become second nature if I stick with it.

zorbs - I would be scared of the meeting too.  I have confrontation, but sometimes it is necessary!  Contacting HR sounds like a good idea.  Way to go B!  DD2 had been dry at night for a week so I put her in underwear.  She peed 2/4 nights, so back to diapers we went....I was really hoping to avoid buying more big diapers so hopefully she gets the hang of it really soon.

ernie - sounds like a fun day planned!  You are so speedy that your turtle pace is still fast, don't worry.  Rollerskates for S would be fun and maybe slightly dangerous, but she seems to be a daring kid - I say go for it!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 4-5 x 2000m cruise intervals w/ RP tonight, then ST'ing at the gym.

KR - woke up just before I left, she's been awake by 6 3 mornings in a row, she's gonna be a tired girl if she didn't manage to fall back asleep.

TR - was really happy last night, playing and hanging out and then it went steeply downhill, so we rushed through bedtime, I put her to bed, and then she promptly threw all her stuffy friends out of the bed, I went back in once, told her I was only going to put them back once, and gave them to her, she threw them out again and then cried for an hour before she went to sleep.  Sorry, mommies not going to play the retrieve your friends game all night long!

FR - dh is in charge.

NRR - taking over some tasks from someone who's just quit at our company.  I don't want them long term, but I think that it is showing my value and flexibility as I'm the only other person who knows this software.  There's also a position at another company that I originally had hoped to go to that's open... I'm torn as to whether I should apply or let it go and sink into my role here.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - that sucks to be losing your gym access.  Good plan to report him to HR!  M will stay dry for 2-3 weeks and then have a week when she's wet every night, so we just have stuck w/ the pullups because we don't want to deal with sheet changing in the night.

ernie - glad yesterday's run was a bit better and at the very least you looked good!  Oh man, S and roller skates, that sounds like a recipe for some good stories if nothing else! Smile

r-eh - nice job with the grocery budgeting!  I'm not a good budgeter.... I am trying to waste less though, I think meal planning and having the freezer meals has helped a bit there.

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5.5 miles this morning. Felt tired today, but the run was good.

TR: kept asking for chalk yesterday, so I bought some when we ran to the store for milk. He was so cute looking on the shelves for it, then carrying it up to the register to pay. he didn't want to come inside while I made dinner last night. Not that I blame him- it was 62!

NRR: not too much going on right now. Need to get carpet and a light for R's new room so DH can do those this weekend.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: DH on nights and out of town all weekend, R's godmother told me she's going to Seattle, so I am madly texting teenage babysitters. If I can't line anything up, I'll be stroller running the culdesacs :/

TR: Has such and attitude problem when he goes to his godmother's house and doesn't want to go home because she spoils him.

FR: Last night I ate most of a smaller bag of potato chips (Lays waffle cut kettle chips- black pepper and white cheddar), eggs, bacon, and a couple glasses of Shiraz. I never really liked wine, but I'm coming around.

NRR: Didn't end up getting the IUD, long explanation I won't go into but I'm not going on hormonal bc again, will just use condoms+spermicide for the next little bit until we decide if I can do hormones or not (would dictate Paragard vs Mirena IUD). Had some bloodwork done as a follow up on my possible PCOS issue from the past year to test hormone and thyroid levels.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Good luck meeting with Dickhole manager. I agree that a letter to HR is important- don't make the letter angry- be the bigger person and be diplomatic, it would serve you better if you ever wanted to take legal action. Ugg I don't know what is up with R but he has peed his diaper nightly this past week. He usually only does it 1-2x a week. Re: yesterday's bike conversation- R wants to ride a bike soooooooo bad but can't figure out pedaling and just cries and cries.

Ernie- Have fun with your friend- are you going to watch the kids while she naps? Smile

eh- I hate wasting food. I had to throw away 2 expired yogurts yesterday and it bugged me. But with our new fridge where everything is at eye level (freezer on bottom), I think I'm able to see what we have better and use it up before it goes bad.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- The job you wanted was at your old company, right? So that's a known factor. Hmmm, personally I would feel like if I took a job at a company I would owe them 6-12 mos at least but then again, I thought I would only work here for that long and I'm coming up on 9 years lol.

RG- I want to get R chalk, but I have a feeling DH would hate it, so I should probably check with him. Gah he's so anal.

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- I told DH it is time for him to teach R to pee standing up, so R said he had to pee when they were getting ready to go outside and I suggested he show R how to pee in the dirt. R was so excited he ran outside and dropped trou before DH got there.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

1.  if you haven't seen my DM posts, I smashed my lip with a barbell this morning (fat lip and giant cut on the inner lip) and a vicious pee chafe that is so painful that I can't walk straight.

2.  talked to some of the other trainers this morning and dickhead has been pissing all of them off using various means of intimidation and they all hate him too.

ernie - I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind to open a gym in MA.  Need startup $$$ though! How do you suggest I take notes? Amy thought that if I took out a piece of paper and started writing everything down, he could still deny that he said _______ but how legal is taking out my phone and recording the conversation? even if I said beforehand that I was recording it.  And if I requested that the GM be present at the meeting, it won't be the same springing the nasty resignation letter at him, he'd have an inkling that something was up.

eh - I think the hardest part is not the meal planning, but trying to plan around what's on sale.  I can stick to my list, but if what's on my list is out of season pricey stuff, then I haven't saved money at all.

CA - I talked to one of my long term clients this morning and I'll train her for cash.  Found a new gym that is literally 300 m from my house that I somehow didn't know about - it has olympic plates, tires and kettlebells.  that's my kind of place!

rg - how does he know about chalk?

spike - if I try to write a nasty letter, it will come out sounding mean and angry.  But DH is very good at the stealth kick in the balls kind of nasty letter.  It was really easy to teach B to pee standing up, just get him a step stool, and point to the toilet bowl.  Or ernie can tell you how I taught B to pee outside, I just took him into the woods and told him to aim at the tree.  He knew what to do.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runnergirl9508

zorbs- I'm so sorry for your sucky work situation right now. the manager sounds like a real a-hole. Is there any way you and the other trainers can file a complaint against him and get him fired? He sounds like he's making life hell for everyone. Ouch- hope your lip is ok! Sidewalk chalk has been a favorite of R's since last year.

Ernie- glad you were able to get the intervals in! lol on S telling the boys to be careful. I bet she'd love the roller skates. Have fun at the playdate today. I need to grocery shop too. Thursday is my "normal" day, and by Weds it's usually slim pickings!

reh- hope the field trip goes well today! do you get samples of the maple syrup? my IL's tap their trees, so we get fresh real maple syrup from them. it's the best! I know I save us a ton of money by meal-planning weekly. Nothing goes to waste, since it's all pretty much accounted for when I make my meal plan. How have you been feeling?

CA- are the perks of the other company worth the hassle of switching jobs again so soon? That's great that you're getting the opportunity to fill in for someone else so quickly. Hope the intervals go well tonight. Is that tempo pace? Thanks for the forum link- I've tried everything and Garmin still won't turn on. I'm bummed since it's less than 2yrs old, and I will probably have to buy a new one. For some reason I thought these things had a MUCH longer life. It still looks almost brand-new, too. No scratches, band is perfect. Sigh.

spike- ugh, sorry about R's attitude problem. That would make me hesitant to send him. My R practically ignores me when my mom is here, and it really starts to get irritating by the third day. Sorry to hear about the IUD delay. I hope all of your bloodwork comes back good. lol on R peeing in the yard.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R watches us pee all the time, but any time I have tried to get R to pee outside he won't (I tried a few times while stroller running in the fall when he started screaming about needing to go pee- really he just wanted to get out). I was kinda suprised he did it so easily for DH.

RG- It might come to me not sending him being a real punishment/threat once he's old enough to understand privileges being taken away in the longer term sense. However, they love eachother so much that it would be hurtful to the both of them. I think despite DH's disapproval, that I need to talk to her about spoiling him again. But, Trudy is more of a grandparent role to him than anyone else in our lives (despite my mom living 30 mins away, and dad 1:45 away, ILs live 2000 miles away so they have an excuse) so I suppose she has a right to spoil him.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I'm thinking if I get the ball rolling by talking to HR, surely they will investigate.  Or the evidence will speak for itself.  Let's see...new manager comes along and all the trainers quit.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - M loved sidewalk chalk last year too!  I'm excited for the weather to warm up so we can play outside.  The other company has a few pro's - closer to home, might be a chance for a raise since I have a stable job I have more leverage, easier to run from and I know some runners that work there so built in lunchtime RP's, plus they have an onsite gym where I could TM run or work out.

spike - bummer on DH being gone all weekend plus not having R's godmother.  Hope you can find a sitter so you can run.  Those chips sound yummy!!  Hope you can figure out the BCP thing...  I feel the same way re giving this place a chance but see the pro's I listed to RG.. makes it tempting, I think applying doesn't hurt anything and no one needs to know unless it goes forward.

zorbs - exciting on the gym close by and the client who'll pay you cash!  I bet you'd net a lot more $ if you could cut out the gym middle man.