Womens Running

Friendliest Weekend (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

The Richmond Marathon is tagged as America's Friendliest Marathon.

Can't wait to hear Cindy's RR!!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - You come up with the best titles Smile

Go, Cindy, Go!!!

4 miles on DM last night...was sort of a fake "speed" work out LOL....hate.the.DM Sad    Off for breakfast with Santa, will see if Aly will even be in the same room with him this year.

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! And go Cindy, go!!!! I'm feeling better today, I think the fact that it's the weekend has something to do with it. I have Pilates at 11 - in the summer I'd run in the morning before I went, but today, with temps in the 20s right now, I think I'll run this afternoon, once it's up to 40 degrees. And for now, I will continue to sit here and drink my coffee with an old lazy dog on my feet.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I had depositions all day yesterday so I was unable to check here all day.  Ran 5.05 miles and did heavy weights last night.  We found the culprit of my latest asthma flare.  I got a "new" bookcase from the courthouse before they moved last Friday.  Another attorney got two.  We have both been sick with chest colds (he does not even have asthma).  All bookcases have mold.  They removed them and now I feel much better.

Cindy, go!  Good luck!

Lisa, morning.

Carol, nice TM run.

Karen, enjoy Pilates and the run.

Damaris

camille2

Go, Cindy!

Yes, go Cindy!

Ran 7.5 miles this morning - planned to get out earlier but between the cold temp/wind/not feeling great (not sure if it was the Indian food from last night - went out to celebrate DS's birthday).  But got it done!!!  Nothing else new other than today is day 15 of walking or running in a row.  Aim is the 100 miles in November but now aim is to see how long I can keep the streak going. 

Other than that...  Yesterday was DS's birthday.  Tomorrow is DH's birthday.  Spending most of the weekend grading and helping DS study for a chemistry exam on Monday and calc exam on Tuesday.  DD messaged me on FB yesterday to ask how I am. Internet was playing up so switched to texting (as she usually doesn't message me unless something is up). I said fine, hru? She responded "not good".  Ok so what does that mean...she didn't respond for a while, which of course made me worry.  Still not really sure but she said she was having a hard time dealing with the death of a friend (happened about 2 weeks ago).  Not surprising... hard to know what to do.  Just texted with her for a bit.  DN (the one from NJ) has more pictures posted... yep, all in skimpy clothes and these draped in the American flag.  I don't get it... oh and my SIL posts "so patriotic" with a big smiley emoticon. WTH?

Lisa, hope you had a good run this morning! 

Cindy, looking forward to hearing about the marathon!

Carol, nice job with the speedwork.  Hope you and Aly had a great time at the Santa breakfast.

Damaris, glad you figured out what was triggering the asthma attacks.  Mold will do it (at least to me). 

Camille, Hi!

Back to grading!

Susan

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Waited until after puppy pool. Quincy dud his super protection mode last night so I wasn't able to sleep well wedged into the muddle of the bed between him and dh.

Waves to everyone

Marjorie

Is anyone tracking Cindy? Kind of irritating that I can't pull up results online.  I did the sign up for tracking but since she's finished by now I doubt that I will get anything.

20 cold trail miles in 4:30.  My mouthpiece was leaking and I ended up with ice on front of coat.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Their tracking didn't work. People started getting multiple notifications so they turned it off. I was trying to track Cindy and two other friends and got nothing. Their facebook page says look for results online around 5 or 6.

Day of much-needed workouts for me. 1/2 hour on the bike, Pilates, errands, then 8 mile run around the neighborhood. Ahhhh.

Anonymous Guest

Results are up! I can't wait to hear how she pulled off almost exactly even first and second half splits. Congratulations Cindy!!! Well done.

I was just popping in to check on Cindy... well done, congratulations!  Can't wait to hear about the experience.  Hope it was as friendly as promised.

I ran 8 this morning with my RC and will head out early tomorrow for a 15 mile trail run with other RC friends.  My DH is in Vegas this weekend with a nephew for the RnR half marathon tomorrow.   Nephew's first -- he's 14 and very very excited. My DH?  A little less so.... RnR is such a zoo.   But he went as a favor to his brother.

Carol, hope Aly and Santa got along this year.

Damaris, ugh on depos and moldy bookcases.

Susan, hard to know what to do when people are down but it sounds like you did the right thing texting with your DD.

Marjorie, Quincy the protector did his job since you are safely here with us today.

Lisa, sounds like a challenging 20.  Any run that ends up with me wearing ice would be too cold.

Karen, sounds like you are having a productive day.

Waves to everyone else.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Damarias - Ugh on the mold!  Glad you found it, and got rid of the bookcase!

Karen - Sounds like you were able to get your "endorphins" today Smile

Susan - Nice job on the 7.5 in the cold!  Not sure what to say about your DD's texts....it is so hard to know what is going thru their mind isn't it....  funny how they are quick to FB/message/text when things are ok, when things are fine...you don't hear from them.  Hope all is good with her tho.

Gatsby - Busy week-end for you!  How nice of your DH to go to LV for RNR with nephew!  Would not be my fav place to go either for a run.

Had a nice breakfast with the family.  Aly walked by Santa - but was not at all interested in talking to him LOL...Oh well, there was a "festival of trees" associated with this so we all had fun.

LR tomorrow.

Carol

Bikerchick1

Cindy - Woohoo!!!  Congratulations - can't wait to hear about it!

Cindy-welcome into the circle of marathoners!  No matter if you ever do another one, now you are a marathoner and no one can ever take that away!  Impressive with the perfect even split!

Carol-Santa is out already?

Gatsby-have fun tomorrow!!  What's even more "impressive" is that we're talking frozen Gatorade which doesn't freeze as easily because of the sodium. It was cold.  I was wearing my Nathan backpack.  Carried my phone in a baggie in my bra to keep it from freezing.

Karen-thanks for the update!  seems like very few of those tracking sites ever work.

Marjorie-hopefully Quincy knows you're safe tonight.  So how is that friend feeling after the full last week?

Susan-hope all is well with DD.  hard when not close to see them in person.  I'm sorry but your SIL makes me laugh. Shake my head but laugh at same time.  It was cold today!

Damaris-Glad you figured it out and now will get better!

Finished sponge painting in one bedroom.  Taped off and did all trim/edges in the other.  Enjoying a well deserved beer and home made popcorn now.  Have to work the play bake sale tomorrow.

Hmmm... 29.6 miles for the week.  This doesn't bother me.  How many of you would feel compelled to run .4 tomorrow?

Lisa

^^^ Yep, me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR