Womens Running

Frosty Fridays (Read 10 times)

Anonymous Guest

Just kidding. It's 65 degrees here this morning, so a few degrees cooler, but our big cooldown doesn't come until next week.

We were thinking about going camping out at Big Bend next week, but that is the timeframe that my Beef Team holiday roast is being delivered. Then I talked to my sister last night and we are both worried about my mom, so I am thinking about going up by myself for a few days just to hang out with her. She got married at 19 and is now 80, so this is a lot of change for her. Dealing with the money and the house and being alone (she has a lot of friends, but is still alone a lot) is kind of overwhelming for her and my sister said her anxiety is through the roof. I figure if it's just me, DH can stay here with the dogs (and get the roast when delivered) and my mom won't worry about entertaining us.

Anyway, heading out for another short and warm run after another cup of coffee.

Laura, that is super annoying about the shoes.

Lori, checking in here is step one in getting your mojo back! Is Carmel the only race on your radar right now? If so, okay to take it easy now and start training after the holidays, so don't worry too much about it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 on the treadmill.  Maybe there was frost this morning,  but I wasn't about to find out. I took step one for a spring HM and booked a refundable room. There's only 1 hotel in walking distance of the race and rooms were already getting scarce.

AnonymousGuest,  I'm sure your mom would appreciate the help.  There was so much stuff to do when FIL passed away and his mom was clearly overwhelmed by it. Hopefully you don't need to deal with Fidelity.  DH has the worst time with them.

LC Runs

3.5 lunchtime miles. Cloudy and windy so it seemed colder than it is (33 degrees). Oh, well, I'm so happy the ground is dry!

Karen - I wondered how your mom is doing. She would probably love a visit from you!

Kathi - nice 6! Yeah, I'm opting for mid day runs if I can swing it, too cold and too dark in the morning. What HM are you doing?

Okay, guess I better try and pretend to work this afternoon. Mojo is nonexistent LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, I am sure she will appreciate the visit!

I have 3 after work. Getting a migraine, sigh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

LCRuns. I wish I could do mid day runs, but I sometimes feel the 3 days wfh is pushing it a bit. It's really only about a month where there is less than an hour of daylight before and after work. If I do the HM, it's Salisbury.  The hotel fills way before the race.

Docket, hope the migraine is short lived.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LCRuns. I wish I could do mid day runs, but I sometimes feel the 3 days wfh is pushing it a bit. It's really only about a month where there is less than an hour of daylight before and after work. If I do the HM, it's Salisbury.  The hotel fills way before the race.

Docket, hope the migraine is short lived.

It got better after I stopped drafting this mega pleading. Husband and wife have a total of 20+ bankruptcy cases in the last 12 years. WTF. Some people just abuse the system like crazy.

Damaris