Womens Running

Pies are in the oven Wednesdailies! (Read 15 times)

Yes, pies are in the oven.Pumpkin and pecan.  Family is coming over here tomorrow for most of the day and Thanksgiving dinner in the evening. Tomorrow we will bake the turkey and make rolls.  DD and DIL are bringing the rest.

I actually ran this morning.  3+ miles (I ran 3 and then walked the last half w DH and the pups). Still trying to get out of the exercise funk. I tend  to avoid y'all when I am not running/exercising, but I probably need to be here for encouragement.

I'm thankful for my virtual running friends!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy almost thanksgiving.

Sue, I love pecan pie, yum!!!  I'm right there with you on the funk, I have it currently.  Keep posting regardless!!

Karen, HUGS.  I am so very sorry.

Not sure if I'll post while I'm gone.  I leave Friday and come back late on Dec 22nd.  I assume lots of walking, but no running.

Be well all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Ah ok, Thanksgiving explains why there are no NHL games tomorrow. But with soccer World Cup (3-4 games daily)... Not complaining Smile

Happy almost Thanksgiving to all of you!

No big updates from my side. Training plan between floorball games is currently easy runs and 1x week also fartlek/interval workout. No runs longer than 60mins as it's not necessary right now. Floorball season is really weird; tons of injuries not only for our team, but others as well; kind of not surprising given the intense schedule, but still seems a bit too crazy. I usually don't have any ''overload'' kind of pain/injuries (running helps a ton), but even for me there's been some nasty knee pain. Sigh.

Probably biggest update is end of Jan/beginning of Feb I'm planning a getaway week to Estonia and will be working from there; same apartment I rented when I did the Covid-escape couple of years ago, so surroundings / running routes / lunch places / stores etc etc. - all will be known.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have the 4 I never got to run yesterday. In the office today.

Sue, nice job on the run and the pies.

Kat, have fun!

Elina, I'm not complaining either and can watch in the office through the computer.

Karen, hugs.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Apparently I'm going to CrazySue's house for dinner tomorrow! I love pie. Happy Almost Thanksgiving to all of you. I'm jealous. I love turkey. Even though I went plant- based,  at Canadian Thanksgiving I had some as a treat.

5 miles today.  Then I came home and found out today's shift was canceled. Yay.

Karen,  my heart goes out to you.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

My dad died yesterday morning. My mom and brother were there. The last time he was awake we were all there and he recognized us but couldn’t talk. It was heartbreaking to see him in pain. He was such a great man and an amazing dad. Hanging at my sisters house (my aunt and uncle are at my moms) now.. visitation will be Sunday and funeral Monday. I forgot about visitation when packing so will probably have to go shopping for something to wear. I am doing okay considering.

Obit is here if you’re interested : https://www.hansenspear.com/obituary/650962/james-

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen, I'm sure it brought your dad great comfort seeing all of you there.  And what a blessing that your family could be together for your sisters wedding recently.  More hugs.

Hope that thanksgiving prep goes well for anyone celebrating.  We are going up to my brother's house.  Will be nice to see my Seattle sister and her family there, too.

Kat, wonderful seeing you in TX.  Hope your packing is going okay!

Kilmisters, some crazy World Cup games.  Saudi Arabia?!  Sorry about the injuries.  I share your love for EST so the getaway sounds wonderful.

Lori, I would love an unexpected day off.

CrazySue, pies sound delish.

Damaris, bleh on being in the office.  Are you the only one?

A fun weekend with Kat, Lisa, and Lisa's SO in Glen Rose, TX for the race.  I finished the 100 miler, and I'm feeling a little creaky, as to be expected.  But work piled up in my absence so I've been dealing with that.  I'm going to write up something about Dinosaur Valley but haven't had the time or energy.  Hopefully this weekend unless I find some time sooner.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Margaret, around 5 are in the office today so around half if not slightly less. Another 5 should be here on Friday since as you know, the fucking government does not give that one as a holiday.

Karen, I am so sorry. Reading his obit, looks like he had a great life.

Lori, nice 5. And yay.

Damaris

LC Runs

3.3 lunchtime run. Sun is out and it's over 36 degrees so I'm good with that.

Going to BF's brother's tomorrow and I am in charge of Cheesy Potatoes so pretty easy, peasy,

Karen - I am so sorry about your Dad ((hugs)) I am so glad he was at your sister's recent wedding.  Thinking of you all.

Sue - yummm on the pies!

Kat - have a great time!!

Elina - your getaway sounds great!

Damaris - have a good 4!

Lori - great 5 and whoo hoo on the cancelled work shift!

Margaret - have a wonderful holiday!

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.7 miles & core. Now makking my contributions for Thanksgiving at my parents (sweet potatoes, green bean casserole & a pumpkin dessert).

CrazySue, yum, pies.

KatS, enjoy your trip!

Docket, hope the office is quiet today.

BerthaSlayer, our local news did a bit on how to make yoru Thanksgiving dinner healthier. They lost me on use low sodoum no fat chicken broth instead of drippings for gravy. Nope, I eat that once or twice a year. I want the real thing along with turkey skin.

Kilmisters, odd there are no NHL games tomorrow. There are NFL and I think basketball.

AnonymousGuest, sorry for your loss.

GatsbyBird, a little creaky after 100 miles? I'd be unable to walk.

LCRuns, cheesy potatos sound good.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kathi, I can't do skin, but I can do stuffing - IN the bird.  YUM.

Anyone else stuff dear old Tom??

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Hugs Karen. It is so difficult to lose a parent. Praying for your comfort.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Thanks for posting the link to his obit. He has a very happy smile. :::HUGS:::

CrazySue, please keep posting. We want to hear from you. 

HCK 2.0, Green Bean Casserole is our State Casserole. (Ohio)  

GatsbyBird, a hearty CONGRATS on the 100 miler!!! You are entitled to creak all you want. 

Elina, hope the knee gets better and quits hurting.

Kats, being away usually means a great deal of walking. Hope you have a great trip! 

Lori, ahhhh, great to have a surprise day off. 

Damaris, yes, those "orphan" days around holidays would be a help.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns