Womens Running

It's Finally Friday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

RR/ER: an hr of bootcamp followed by a run- probably only 4 miles today as that's all I have time for before my first PT client.

TR: was really good in Wegmans while we grocery shopped yesterday; enjoyed riding in the new cart (it has a steering wheel for him to "drive") and being able to see where we are going rather than just looking up at me. Sat down to color with him and he now tries to color in things- circles, eyes, etc. Surprisingly he's good!

NRR: dropped my iphone off the bathroom counter this morning and the back shattered. Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST, hot tub.

TR - actually got up again after going to bed to use the potty! MIL is coming this evening to take us to this thing called "The Great Pumpkin Trail" which is a Halloween themed walk through a public garden/trail (RBG for those of you familiar with this neck of the woods).

FR - cauliflower mac, but not sure how this is going to work as the walk is right around dinnertime.

NRR - DH and I made a commitment to cut down drastically on the chip intake and get our diets under control.  I've put on 8-10 pounds since last year after maintaining for years and I want it OFF NOW.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 20k long run. DH is taking S to his parents house for the whole morning, so I can wait until the sun is up and it has warmed up a bit.

TR - Before her nap yesterday, she yelled "Poo!poo!poo!" and then really did poop (in her diaper). Last night in the bath, she yelled it again, so I whisked her out of the bath and put her on her potty, but it was a false alarm. So I'm not sure if she actually knows when she has to go or if the first time was a coincidence, but I'm going to try to be ready with her potty just in case!

FR - Salmon, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts.

NRR - Grocery shopping last night was THE WORST. It was so busy and took forever. S ran away from me and  hid on a shelf beside a box of diapers. Then we finally got in line and the woman in front of me was holding up the whole line searching through a stack of flyers trying to price match stuff. If you want to price match, BE ORGANIZED! I finally had to get all passive aggressive and start talking really loudly to Seville "I know. I thought we were almost done, too, but the person in front of is us taking FOREVER". Then we almost got hit by a maniac driver in the parking lot. Worst. I should probably finally put up our Halloween decorations and get some pumpkins today.

~~~~~

rg - That grocery cart sounds so cool! So does he face outwards it in? Yikes on the phone! Is it still working? I shattered my phone last year by dropping it on the driveway and it was toast. Now I have an Otter Box case, which has withstood the 100 times S and I have dropped my phone since I got it.

zorbs - That's great that B got out of bed to use the potty! Great Pumpkin Trail walk sounds like fun. There is a haunted Halloween walk on one of our trails that I'd like to do, but I don't think S is ready for it yet, because she'll just run away into the forest rather than staying with the group.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Morning!

ER:  Video, NTC

TR:  Oh man, this kiddo is going to be the death of me.  Major battles at dinner again.

NRR:  Still haven't got my act together for Halloween, need to do that some this weekend.

FR:  Pizza night.

beckykay

RG:  Boooo on the phone.  I had to take mine to the apple store at my parents early this year to get it replaced.

Zorbs:  I need DH to join me or else he just keeps bringing me junk to eat.  I lost about 10 lbs last month but yeah, it is creeping back now that I added carbs back into the diet.

Ernie:  I had a horrible shopping experience the other night because the women in front of us in the only line open for anyone with more than 20 items were using WIC checks and had the wrong items.  The cashier had to keep going back and getting the right ones.  We were in line FOREVER!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - sorry about your phone.  I have had good luck with the soft plastic cases.

ernie - sometimes B says PEE! or POOP! or POTTY! and it's just randomness that pops into his head.  I can't imagine grocery shopping with a runaway toddler.  B sometimes climbs into the main cart but he never runs away.

becky - G used to buy me chips "just because" and I made him stop.  I do not object to random gifts of booze though.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Yesterday was a SRD, today will be 5-7 miles after work.

TR: His tummy is all better, poops are once again solid and his appetite has returned with a vengeance.   Loves to point out the "boom!" (moon) and the fact that it is dark when we walk to the car in the morning.

FR: Leftovers last night.  R asked for spaghetti for breakfast, and I told him he could have some. Went to the fridge and DH had eaten it all and R started sobbing, he wanted spaghetti so bad after hardly eating for a few days that I cooked up a quick pot of noodles in marinara for breakfast. He was a happy boy.

NRR: Went out to look at the house last night, the progress is more slow going now that they are doing finish work. The vinyl flooring is being installed and I'm still happy with my choice. It looks nice as does the interior paint. The cabinets were delivered and are sitting inside, garage doors scheduled to be installed Nov 12.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- sorry about your phone Sad I have a dorky case on my Galaxy but I figure with the amount that it gets dropped, it would be silly not to have one.

zorbs- I cannot control myself around chips. I ate half a big bag of Ruffles on Saturday. Tortilla chips I don't go nuts on unless its at the mexican restuarant with yummy fresh salsa. I have good self control on booze consumption though, for some reason I have to talk myself into drinking because the calories seem so empty.

Ernie- We don't see a lot of couponers at our store, they all go to Wenatchee because some of the stores there double coupons. Safeway isn't very couponer friendly. I used to do coupons but I can't eat a lot of the stuff that there are coupons for anyways now. If Reid talks about potty stuff I tell him to run to the potty if he has to go- usually weeds out false alarms.

Becky- sorry that C is being a butt. I haven't gotten anything ready for Halloween either. I need to replace the bulb in the porch light, buy candy, and figure out something for a costume for me. I think I'm going to be a robber and wear a striped shirt, black pants, black hat & gloves and wear a mask and carry a money bag. I just need to figure out the mask and bag, everything else I already have.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Spike - Ooooh I may have to steal your costume idea if it is cold out!  Our ivy is covering the steps/walkway so we need to do some major cleaning up for trick or treaters.

Zorbs:  LOL, yes I don't turn down "just because" booze either.

QOTD - favorite soup?  I am going to a soup exchange and I can't decide what soup to make.  I don't want to make something everyone else will hate but I don't want to be too boring either.

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD - favorite soup?  I am going to a soup exchange and I can't decide what soup to make.  I don't want to make something everyone else will hate but I don't want to be too boring either.

I love ham and bean soup. Navy bean/kale/sausage soup. I'd avoid soups with pasta in it because they tend to soak up all the moisture. I like chunky soups, not a big fan of plain pureed soups like Butternut squash or tomato (unless there is accompanying grilled cheese).  I like beef/vegetable/barley soup a lot. If you can find smoked turkey drumsticks, the best tortilla soup I ever made was made with smoked turkey. I love corn chowder and also have made a yummy cajun/jambalaya-esque soup before.

I don't really work off recipes though, but if any of those sound good, I could find a recipe that is similar to what I do.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- here is an online cookbook I made of soups on www.food.com http://www.food.com/cookbook/soups-87624  my username on that site is Superspike and I have some of my own recipes saved there as well.

runnergirl9508

QOTD- I love butternut squash soup- recipe for it is in the file on FB.

spike- yeah, I have one of those rubber cases but my phone won't fit in my purse with it on so I take it off. I'm actually surprised that it's taken this long to break, with the # of times R and I have dropped it! Hooray for the finish work being done on the house. glad that R is feeling better. have a great run after work.

zorbs- I need to purchase a different case, I hate the one I have as it makes my phone too big to fit in my purse (I carry a small wristlet). glad that you and DH are doing the diet together-makes it easier ot stick to! have fun on the walk, it sounds like fun!

becky- enjoy the NTC workout- I've heard those can be butt kickers. sorry about the dinner time battles, that really stinks. ha, I just went out and bought a trick or treat bucket for R and candy to pass out at Target this morning. They still had a TON of candy.

Ernie- yes, he's facing forward in the cart, so he can see where we're going. I really should get an otterbox. OMG on the grocery shopping. fortunately I don't think anyone around here uses coupons, and our grocery store is pretty well-priced. it's actually cheaper to shop there than the "competitors"- Wal-Mart, aldi, tops. and why d people drive like such maniacs in parking lots?! hope your LR went well today.

RR2: bootcamp was great today- my abs are already starting to get sore.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I didn't end up hot tubbing..got into a texting conversation simultaneously with erin, DH and FB chat with C :P

spike - I'm take it or leave it with the brand of tortilla chips that DH buys, but give me the Kirkland chips from Costco and Garden Fresh gourmet salsa and I'll dive headfirst into the bag.

running eh

RR - 21miles- the last three were some of the fastest!  Felt good, but I wish I could say it was continuous.  I made 5 bathroom stopsSad  I need to decide if I should try Imodium at the marathon.  I am wearing DD's soccer socks as imitation compression socks - I may need to try the real thing.

FR - spaghetti.

KR - It's a PD day here, so all three kids are home.  It might be a movie afternoon.

rg- boo on the iphone Sad  DD2 just started drawing circles too, she says they are apples.  She also wants me to draw faces all of the time, but she never attempts it herself.  Fun carts!  My kids always like those too, but often the steering wheels are broken around here.

zorbs - the Halloween walk sounds fun!!  I haven't been to the RBG since I was a kid.  I know I will need to get my diet under control once this marathon is over too.  I was doing so well at the beginning, but I fell off the wagon when I hurt my knee.  Hope it works well for you.

ernie - I used to do the price match thing, but I was organized.  I haven't done it for quite a while b/c it takes a lot of time.  Does S sit on the toilet often?  I found that just having them sit on it was a big step in the right direction.  Enjoy that yummy dinner!!

becky - we did pizza  night last night.  I had planned to make pizza, but I slept so long after my night shift that I ran out of time, so DH ordered in while I was at work.  Sorry about the dinner battles - is it certain foods he is upset about, or is it the whole idea of sitting and eating?  Chicken Tortilla soup is always a hit here, but we also like Split Pea Soup and Squash soup

spike - hahah on making spaghetti and marinara for breakfast, you are a great mom!  Sounds like the house is coming along nicely.  Glad that you are still happy with your choices.  I would definitely choose a different paint colour if I did it again, but since most of our house is the same colour we will not be repainting anytime soon.

beckykay

Eh:  Yeah, it starts with sitting at the table rather than running around the house to eat.  Then it just turns into a battle of the wills.  He refuses to take bites of anything after that.  Lots of yelling screaming and timeouts involved.  Good job on the 21 miles but yikes on all the bathroom stops.

Spike - thanks for sharing I will have to check out your recipes!

RG:  I always buy too much candy.  My street is bah-humbug so no one bothers to come down our street.  T