Womens Running

Weeeekend (dailies) (Read 13 times)

Kilmisters

Sitting in the yacht club apartment and watching race tracker; Margaret's marathon started 1.5hrs ago, my modest post-Munich shake-out 10km is in 1.5hrs, so still drinking coffee and eating light breakfast.

Very windy and quite cold here (9*C, but the real feel is considerably lower as the sea is right next to us).

Dinner last night was fun; my mom and aunt were quite chatty too. Margaret & hb got to taste #1 Lithuanian mainstream beer brand Švyturis. Very important, I know Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Saw the video of the start you posted on fb. That looked cold and miserable - enjoy!

I'm about to head out to a local 5k. Of course those magical overnight 50s took a break and it's 68 now. I'm running to the start (about 2 miles), racing, then running home. I will not be going super hard for the race, because it will be 70 degrees plus I just ran a 50k last Saturday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope it was fun, Elina!

Karen, good luck!

I have 4 and Pilates. And taking the new girl to the vet take 2.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Fun morning for me. 2 mile run from my house to the start of a 5k, ran the 5k at not 100% but probably faster than I should have one week post 50k, hung out with friends, then ran home. It was warm and humid (where were those 50s and 60s from earlier in the week??), but it was cool being able to run to and from the race. My run home is short about 1/2 mile in my log and on Strava - I was on my way, a friend stopped in her car to see if I wanted a ride, we chatted for a bit, then I looked at my watch to see how much that slowed me down, and saw that I never started it. Oops.

Anyway, hot and humid and hilly and tired legs, but 25:36 was good enough for the age group win. The awards were really weird, they had medals for first and second in each age group, but only one set, so they gave the fastest person, male or female, the first place, and then the fastest of the other gender the second place. So I won my age group by a lot, but a 56-year-old dude ran a 20 minute 5k, so he got the first place for our age group and I got the second. If I could run a 20 minute 5k, I'd have been first female overall.

Saw results for Margaret and Elina both on Strava - congrats all around!

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with some on the trails in the county park. Usually I go on the trails in winter and see no one. Today was unleashed dog day. I have no issue with unleased dogs IF they listen and obey. Had 2 big ass pit bulls come strolling towards me that the owners assured me were friendly. I replied they better be.

Kilmisters, it looked cold in your picture. Having coffee in a yacht club sounds very fancy.

AnonymousGuest, nice 5k. Weird with the AG awards. DId any women get the 1st place award?

Docker, hope the vet visit is a success.

Anonymous Guest

The 40-44 age group was the only one where the girl beat the guy. That was the only age group (up until the 60s) where a guy didn't run 17-21 minutes. The male winner ran at 27:something and the female winner a 23:something. Other than that, it was pretty much just declaring the women 2nd class citizens in my opinion. Of course, the only guy that didn't win was a guy on my Ragnar Trail team next weekend, who was a little embarrassed to be that only guy that got beat by a chick.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Karen!

Congrats, ladies!

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Congrats to you, ladies ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Hi all!  Checking in from breakfast, which is huge and so good. I could stay here for the entire vacation, it’s so nice!  And surrounded by trails and the Baltic Sea. But we’ve got a busy itinerary and will be heading out after breakfast. 

I really enjoyed the race yesterday.  The weather was just about perfect for running, at least by my standards: gray and brisk, low 50s, although I could have done with a little less headwind on the beach along the Baltic Sea.  Since the entire peninsula is essentially sand, there was, not surprisingly, a lot of sand.  But yay for trail gaiters, no sand in my shoes.  Good aid stations. Interesting plants, trees, moss, and ferns. Terrain varied from beach to meadows to forest.

Post race, we all went to dinner at a brewpub in Klaipeda (short ferry ride from where we are staying).  Good food and beer.  Fun catching up with Elina in person!  We will meet up again in Helsinki. 

Ok need to go pack.  Hi to all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Go get 'em today, Lori!

I'm just going to run a few easy miles on the new roads in the neighborhood this morning once the sun comes up. Another warm and muggy morning, but we are getting, wait for it, RAIN tonight/tomorrow morning!!!! Then the coldest temps we've seen in quite some time. My Ragnar trail relay is looking pretty perfect with lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s.

Margaret, sounds like you are having an awesome trip. Running, eating, enjoying the company, seeing beautiful things. What more is there, really?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Lori!

Great job, Margaret.

Karen, enjoy the miles.

I have 6 with strides. My knee was achy through the night (mostly because of the way I sleep I guess) but no peep after my run yesterday.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, just checked. Lori killed it and way above her goal!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Thanks ladies! We had great weather. Yesterday's wind died down.   I had no real race strategy other than to run by feel and walk the water stations. My realistic finish was under 3 which I assumed I should be able to achieve.   I also walked up the bridge and up the tunnel. The tunnel did a huge number on me as is usual.  It gets really hot in there and that gradual ascent is LONG. Running through Windsor is always sweet because so many spectators and volunteers recognize me. So I ran faster there.  But I did drop off pace my second half and did have to incorporate a few more walk breaks. My secret goal as you know was 245. I got 2:46:29. But the course was 13.3 miles so I will take that with a smile. Because I left it all out there. I even got foot cramps near my toes around mile 11 which has never happened before.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

30 minutes easy and upper body strength,

Great job BerthaSlayer!