Womens Running

Time to Run Tuesday Supermoms (Read 16 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

re Money - I make more than DH, and always have - he is catching up to me though - he made much less when we first got married - infact he was unemployed for the first month.  We have a joint account and share everything, we each buy whatever we want, but he doesn't spend a ton - sometimes I get annoyed because he's not a cheap ass like I am, he shops at the expensive grocery store, or will buy more expensive wine than I would, but I don't nit pick our $$'s so generally don't know where he's wasted money.  I'm a cheap ass and only buy things on sale or off the discount rack and he could care less what I buy.  I also am the CFO and other than DH's own credit card, I pay all the bills and manage our accounts.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- DH thinks I'm cheap. We have friends down at the SHOT show in Vegas right now that offered to pick up a new watch for him on sale while they are there and I said "Hmmm, I don't think Mike needs a new watch seeming that he just ordered expensive new boots and a bow on Saturday". DH has expensive taste and has a watch and knife collection. I hem and haw over every purchase and hardly ever buy stuff for myself- I spent $35 at Old Navy and bought a top, earrings, bracelet, and a pair of shoes and felt guilty. I have weird money issues from growing up poor though, DH never had that problem.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - I am really weird about spending money too.  (Believe it or not!)  My parents didn't have a ton of money when we were growing up, so I feel like I hoard the money I do have.  I also always think about the boys and wanting to give them just a little more than I was ever given.  For example, I grew up in a duplex that had orange carpet and counters...I was super embarrassed to have friends over.  So, I vowed to buy a house before having kids, and I did.  Silly little things, but they mean a lot to me.  I want my boys to want to have friends over and not be embarrassed of where they live...or what they are wearing...I could go on and on!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR2: awesome 7 mile run in the rain this morning. So refreshing. But, even starting at 7AM, it was so dark out still!

zorbs: the ibuprofen/Tylenol helps him get comfortable to sleep. I haven't noticed a difference in his temp, sadly. ew on the poop in the underwear. welcome back to hill repeats!

Ernie- 16K on a Tuesday- nice run! HAHAHA on S and her piece of ass. hope the library program is fun today. it's rainy here- perfect day for that.

Mer- hope your run is good today- I hate when the weather is really nice on RD's! glad H let you guys get some rest last night. it doesn't seem possible that J is ready for 3K! Will it be every day, or just a few mornings a week? We are looking into pre-school for R, and want to just send him 2 mornings a week. No molars- he has all of his teeth.

CA- wow, more snow! Hope your TM run goes well today. yay for M having a sleepover. haha, I'd come kick everyone's butt at bootcamp for you! I hate going to a class and not feeling like I got a good workout.

moxie- ha, I've never taken R's temp under his arm. I do have the forehead thermometer and have been using that one. Wow, 16 on the trails- you're awesome! When's your next race? Are you training for an ultra this year?

becky- sounds like a fun day at work for you! have a good run tonight. ugh on the sassy kid.

spike- awesome workout!!! you're really doing great with the ST! yay for a better bedtime and fewer tantrums yesterday. lol, my uncle was a CO at a jail and he said it was like going to work to babysit all day long. Yeah, I'm most worried b/c R has been sick this long.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I am really weird about spending money too.  (Believe it or not!)  My parents didn't have a ton of money when we were growing up, so I feel like I hoard the money I do have.  I also always think about the boys and wanting to give them just a little more than I was ever given.  For example, I grew up in a duplex that had orange carpet and counters...I was super embarrassed to have friends over.  So, I vowed to buy a house before having kids, and I did.  Silly little things, but they mean a lot to me.  I want my boys to want to have friends over and not be embarrassed of where they live...or what they are wearing...I could go on and on!

I know exactly what you mean. If I weren't so embarassed, I would show you guys pictures of how I grew up. It was a 24x24' metal shop that my stepdad added a couple of 2 story additions onto the sides out of scrap building materials. The outside was covered with pieces of metal siding in 7 different colors and was totally ramshackle/hillbilly. You could use it as the set for a movie like The Hills Have Eyes. We had no bathroom door- just a blanket over a curtain rod and the walls inside were unfinished, concrete floor with extension cords running everywhere. In the winter time I had to sleep in layer of PJs/sleeping bags, wool blankets and a stocking cap because I'd wake up and could see my breath at night.  DH and I dated for over a year before I would let him drive me all the way to my house. I used to make him drop me off at the end of the driveway which was a quarter mile hike on a dirt easement from the road. At first I'd only let him see it in the dark, too. We had turkeys and chickens roosting on our front porch. Before that we lived in a really nice custom built home that my mom and dad built together, but my mom and stepdad lost it because he's crazy and made really stupid financial decisions, and money was really unpredictable with their self employment.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

rg - The program we are looking at is 2 days a week for 2.5 hours.  It is about a mile from my work which is awesome.  I just think about Jennings, who was just a baby and screaming in my ear constantly, and how we are planning on school?!  Weird.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - when we moved in together I thought the way we do expenses was very fair, as at the time DH had a well paying job.  I don't even have my name on the mortgage because my low income would have hindered DH getting a mortgage.  So since I don't pay mortgage or daycare or utilities, the LEAST I can do is buy all the groceries but as you have seen, recently I don't even make enough to cover even groceries.  So can you blame me for feeling like I don't belong in this house and that I live here as DH's guest? And with that on my plate I don't need to be guilt tripped when I go grovelling to DH for an extra $20 for food.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - the run for time thing is new to me also, it was hurting my OCD a bit early on, but it's actually good I think, it means that on crazy snowy days when I'm moving slow, I don't have to feel bad if I don't go as far, I just run my 25 minutes out, 25 back and whatever distance is good.

RG - I bet you would kick these ladies butts!  It's mostly sedentary middle aged women, so I understand why it's geared like it is, a 45 second wall sit for them is a huge challenge, same with things like mountain climbers, etc.  It's a huge group of like 50 women, so awesome that they're getting them out and off their butts!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- to me that falls under the marriage vows "in sickness, and in health- in good times and bad" etc etc. Its not like you are sitting on your ass 24/7 and expecting DH to pamper you. You have TWO jobs that are dependent on the seasons/economy and that makes it really hard to have a predictable income, so DH's attitude with you was definitely a d-bag move. You are B's mother, G's wife, and you contribute to the house, no matter how small you think that is, and you belong there.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

You are B's mother, G's wife, and you contribute to the house, no matter how small you think that is, and you belong there.

actually G says that to me all the time but I just can't make myself accept it.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

actually G says that to me all the time but I just can't make myself accept it.

We all have our baggage. I have to take stuff moment by moment because a lot of times when I look at the big picture of everything, it gives me anxiety and I feel overwhelmed. I even get overwhelmed by good stuff in my life.

moxieluvah

zorbs - thanks so much!

becky - DD needs to be reminded of her sassy-ness every once in awhile too. Hope the work day gets better!

spike - lol on the jail being like dealing with toddlers! Every time we let the kids stay up later they end up getting up earlier in the AM.

mer - awesome dream! so DH's sis is getting married and asked me to be a personal attendant and i was thinking i should get a purple dress. I always wondered how people kept their money separate. We pool ours all together and we were just talking about how we feel bad when we buy stuff at times because it's both our money, we always ask "do you care if i buy this" so we are going to each get a spending allowance for clothing and the "wants" because we really feel like we have worked hard to get where we are and we should get to spend a little of that money.

RG - 50 miler in May!

Erniegirl

spike - Whenever I haven't done any speed work for awhile, tempo runs feel absolutely brutal. You'll get the speed back! Good job on the ST. Your dinner last night sounds yummy. My DH will eat brussels sprouts but is kind of meh about them. I think they are so delicious!

rg - You had a great weekday run, too! It will be so nice when the sun starts rising a bit earlier. Whoa, that is really weird about the temperature difference. The temperature will always be higher rectally, but I think the difference is normally 1 degree. Did she give you any idea on how long she thinks it will take for this virus to run its course? Even if it's a non-specified virus, you'd think she'd have seen similar cases recently. So frustrating when you don't get any answers!

zorbs - I'm sorry you're feeling so badly right now. Honestly, I think that while your approach to money may have been fair before, it's not fair at all now that you have a kid. You're in it together regardless of who makes what. And yes, you do contribute to the household and while DH might tell you that, he's not really helping you accept it when he also guilt trips you over $20. I think it was at least a few degree warmer out your way because our ice never turned to mush.

mer - Boo to missing the nicest running day. I hate when that happens! Yay for better sleep from H. I wouldn't be surprised if he liked the angle of the car seat. S used to sleep best in her swing when she was little.

CA - Snow really interferes with speed work plans! My mom also sent me a picture of me at S's age and we look so similar, too! Which is strange, given everyone always says S looks exactly like my DH.

moxie - I don't think I've ever seen a forehead thermometer. Sounds like a good method! I'll bet the snowy trails were really pretty.

Becky - Hope you can fight off that cold! I was sure I was getting sick last week but it didn't amount to anything other than a day of sneezing. Whoa on the client trying to OD. Was he so unsuccessful that he still has to go to court?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Kantkatchme

Grr-  A just swiped my phone and deleted my post.  I guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

Ill catch up tomorrow.

Rr- 4 yesterday on the path, ha! I wore shorts and came home with bloody shins from breaking through the crust. I felt so hardcore! Lol

er- hot yoga today, the intro month that DH got me runs out on Sat.  The regular monthly pass is 88$.  Im not sure I can go enough to Justify that.

br-  doesn't sleep.... Yesterday's run made me feel so much Calmer to deal with this lack of sleep.

Fr- making pulled pork in the slow cooker, except I forgot to start it early enough.  I'll have to find something else for tonight.

Erniegirl

kant - Lol on the hardcore bloody shins. But ouch! $88/month just for yoga seems so expensive! The pulled pork will probably be extra delicious tomorrow with the extra time to marinate.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15