Womens Running

Who Needs Sleep TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Is it only Tuesday?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me.

Good run! Temps were in the low 50's! Humid, but not bad. Wanted to do more but trying to keep myself on the lighter side for a few weeks.

Didn't think the run was going to go that well since I only got 2 hours of sleep last night. Work freaking exploded yesterday so I was up until 10 working on stuff. Got up around 1am and couldn't go back to sleep. Told myself if I were to fall back asleep around 3 I was just going to skip the run. Must be stress. I also popped a cold sore this morning! Stress or im getting sick.

Thanks for the thoughts on the funeral. It went well! It was nice to hear stories from everyone Smile He was quite the guy.

Posting and running. Have to head to Harrisonburg today for some site visits. Going to stay the night. Is it the weekend yet?

Cathy - How is your FIL doing?? That is scary. My mind immediately went to stroke. Congrats on that awesome race last weekend!

Run4kupcakes - I have no doubt about those prices! I bet those homes I passed were over a million. Cute cute area with some nice running trails!

Has anyone heard from Karen? i sent her a text Sunday night but haven't heard back and she didn't check in yesterday. 2019 has been a pretty crap year so I hope everything is okay!

Have a good day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates for me today.

Liz, nice run and temps!  You mean our Karen? I talked to her in FB yesterday.  Did I miss something about her? Ugh, sorry about work exploding especially yesterday. Hugs.

Damaris

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

3.5 chilly miles this morning!  Nothing yesterday.

Lizzie - glad the funeral was a nice remembrance.  Ugh on the no sleep and cold sore!

Damaris - have a good Pilates session!

Sue - sounds very busy with the baby and dog sitting!!  Glad your stomach was okay yesterday!

Lisa - thanks for the link, will check it out!

Hi Diane!

Kat - wow, that's a long work day, ugh.  Hope you are relaxing today!

Cathy - nice job on the 5k, I saw your splits on Strava and you rocked mile 2!!

Judy - I love bookstores, my mom has an awesome one in her town but they are harder and harder to come by.  Yeah for new glasses, I need to update mine.

Half K - nice 6 and strength!

Lori - nice job on the yoga, I have never taken a yoga class but have thought about just doing it at home with You Tube.

Looks to be a nice weather day here, I have to travel but I don't mind much when it's nice outside!!

Anonymous Guest

I'm here! I'm fine, i just got really busy (for me) yesterday, then I started a book and couldn't put it down and was up until after 11 finishing it! I I checked the forum a couple times but never made the time to sit down and post. Dogs made sure I didn't sleep in this morning though. I'll be back later....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I slept so much better last night!!  I felt like a new person when the alarm went off.  Did 4 miles run/walk w running buddy this morning. She is feeling better, so we are doing more running than walking now. Smile

Deuce, Stark and Skye were really good yesterday.  The boys love the big yard.  I think Stark wants to eat the pool vacuum, and Deuce stuck his nose in the pool but thankfully didn't jump in. The only drawback is getting to work and seeing that my pants are covered in fur.

Have a great Tuesday!

Seloc

5 hilly and speedish miles with the fast girls.  Beautiful morning!  50*, sunshine, no wind.  My most favorite time of year to run.  It was light enough at 5am to bike to our meeting spot.

Karen - what book?  Must be a GOOD one to stay up that late.  Those darn 4 legged alarm clocks.

Laura - nice morning miles!  Isn't it great that it's light out now??  Beautiful day here, too.  Should get to 70*.  Wish I didn't have to work but super glad I could enjoy it this morning.  Have a great travel day.

Damaris - how did your run go yesterday?

Lizzie - glad the funeral went well.  Even in the circumstances it's good to see family and reminisce.  Sorry for the work explosion.  Hope your site visits go well today and the week goes fast.

Have a super day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, yeah.  I forgot to update y'all.  Ran 4 on the TM.  It was so hot outside last night (feels like 97F) the inside of the house was 80F at least (this new AC is not as good as the other one or it's just hotter).  Anyway, I was meh for the first mile and maybe the second, but did some quick pickups (OTF workout per the website) and cooled down on the 4th mile and at the end I wanted more. I behaved though!  Couldn't sleep last night again, but I don't think it's related (Monday and Tuesday are bad for me to sleep, then Wednesday through Sunday is better).

Laura, travel safe.

Karen, I love a good book and can't put it down either.

Susan, glad you slept better!

Sandy, nice 5!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I like apple pie! Sorry, I missed yesterday and wanted to balance out the apple pie haters.

Easy 5 for me this morning. It's really starting to warm up out there. Mammogram and ultrasound this afternoon.

Cathy, great job on the 5K! And third overall. You know I'm proud of you. Hope everything turns out okay with your FIL.

Susan, ugh on the pool repair. We did a ton of research on salt vs chlorine when we were putting ours in and eventually went with chlorine. I'm glad the blondes like the backyard! DH wants our dogs to like the pool, and they do like the shallow step, but I kind of like that they don't like to go all the way in. Because can you imagine them jumping in every time you let them out? I certainly can.

Liz, I hope you get through all the work stuff quickly and easily. I don't know where Harrisonburg is but it sounds hilly.

Laura, enjoy those chilly miles for the rest of us, mmmkay?

Sandy, hilly AND speedish? Nice! I think you've already read it, it was An Unwanted Guest. I also just read The Night Olivia Fell, which I think you also already read. There are a few library books I've got on hold that should be available soon, and I hope I get at least one of them before flying up to see the parents on Friday.

Damaris, I'm glad you were feeling good by the end of the 4.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Right there with you, it is only Tuesday!

Lizzie, glad the funeral went well.  As sad as they can be, stories are always nice to hear.  2 hours of sleep, yuck.

Damaris, nice you got a few  miles in.  Awesome you wanted more even!

Laura, I have taken about 3 yoga classes total.  Relaxing, but I didn't know the moves so I felt silly.  My work days aren't actually too long, 2-10pm, so staying till 11 isn't that bad. THOUGH, I don't get a lunch/dinner break.  EVER.

Karen, I just got home at 11 last night!  What book?  I miss the days of staying up too late reading.  Easily remedied, but I just don't have the drive to read lately.

Sue, fur is a way of life for me - at home and work!!!  Often I am hairier from work.  Occupational hazard.  Cats are the worst usually.  Glad you had such an awesome nights sleep.

Sandy, biking to your running spot, excellent!!  How nice it was such a perfect day for you.  Well, at least perfect of the year so far.

11am and I am just finishing my coffee.  Doubtful I will get out there, I am NOT awake yet.  Not planning on tomorrow, 2 deliveries I want to be here for - watch/bracelet.  Not sure if I have to sign for the watch.

Hoping to go to bed at a decent hour tomorrow night so I get up early-ish on Thursday to get decent walk in.  Going to try to get some miles in, so the longer I go, I tend to just walk.  Diane and I will be walking Possums Revenge on the 25th, so I would rather get more slower miles than shorter running miles.

Going to pick up a few extra shifts in June.  Not enough money really, but it is some.  Plus they desperately need the help.  MIGHT adjust, but not permanently change my schedule/hours for a little bit.    And they say I refuse to help.  They better be appreciative or else I am not going to do it.

OK, that's that.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

A little over 5 miles this morning, it was about 35 degrees and there was frost on the roofs.  Now it's 70!     Got a call from school yesterday, older DD had broken out in hives!  That was weird, it's the first time that has happened.  Got her some Claritin and she was OK today.  Not sure what triggered it, she said that she also had a bloody nose that lasted about 20 minutes.  They think that FIL had a TIA stroke, they scheduled some more tests for early next month.

Lizzie, great run with the lack of sleep!  Hopefully you will catch up on that today.    Boo on the cold sore too.  I hope you are not getting sick.  Though I suppose that now is the time to get that out of the way if you are going to be sick.     I am glad the funeral went OK.  They are sad but good in a way if it can be a celebration of a life well lived.  FIL has been fine since the incident, though he fell in the garden.  He has balance issues because of neuropathy.  The in-laws are not doing the best healthwise, I worry about them.

Laura, thanks!  Mile 2 was rough.    I think today is the best day of the week for us, lots of sunshine.  Enjoy!

Sandy, how did you get 50 degrees this morning?    Sounds like you had a great run!  I am still finishing up "Olivia".  It's been a busy week.    I also have "The Innocent Wife" and "She Was the Quiet One".  Not sure which one will be next!  The french silk pie isn't too bad, the crust is the hardest part.  It's an actual crust, not graham crackers or something.    The inside is actually pretty easy to make, I've done just that and made chocolate mousse.  Homemade whipped cream also.  Mmmm!!

Damaris, our house also felt warm last night, it was about 72.     I'm glad that you had a good run!

Karen, hope your appt goes well.  Enjoy the heat.  

Kat, 2-10 without a dinner break?  I would be starving!  That is nice of you to offer to pick up extra hours!

Cathy

Cathy--hope DD is better today, and hope FIL is improving.  Frost!!!  Yikes!! It was cool here this morning, too.  I wore a t-shirt.

Karen--I fessed up to DH that I had the blondes at the new house.  He wasn't surprised. He just hates the fur!!  I'm surprised Deuce hasn't hopped in the pool.  I might get in this afternoon if it warms up--wonder if he will jump in and join me??? I don't want to deal with a wet dog.

Trying to plow through some writing for work. Ugh.

dhuffman63

Trails

Did my 3 mile hill training today...I use the TM at the gym that does inclines and declines so I can practice downhills also.  I've gotten my "run" fartleks up to 4.2 mph and that feels easy even on the incline of 2%.  I've been throwing in very, very short runs when I do Tues at the gym.  My HR is staying down also so the last year or so of mostly walking and then walking faster has helped some.

Oh and I ordered a harness and leash for Chuckie so I can start taking him to the park that has the 1 mile asphalt trail so I can start practicing for the 24 hour in Aug.  I'll only take him for the shorter ones, no more than 5 miles.  I have to make sure I bring plenty of water for him.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sorry Karen! I didn’t mean to call you out. I was just a worried friend, okay?! 😊

Docket – I LOVE that you wore the shirt to Pilates!! Yay for the run yesterday. Ugh on the sleep – do you take anything to help?

Laura – Nice morning miles. Hope the traveling wasn’t too bad. I hate rainy travel!

Tessa – I saw something on my morning run the other day in Lexington and thought of you. I forgot to mention it until just now – you know how you always mention your “free libraries” you see on your run? I saw one that was for canned goods! How cool! It was so cute. I almost took a picture. What a great idea.

Susan – Yay for a great run!

Sandy – Woohoo!! Nice miles this morning – and over the weekend! 😊 I will be doing some major hill work tomorrow. I think I will be colder than youuu!! You are in the 50’s tonight and I will be in the 30’s! They even mentioned FROST! Say what!!!! 😊 The light being out so early is messing me up! I keep thinking I am running late. Oh and yes, finished all my sites today. I was just too exhausted to drive back home.

Karen – LOL’ing – YES! Harrisonburg is hilly. I will have a heck of a glute workout tomorrow morning. Up a mountain. Harrisonburg is home of JMU! Great run this morning and hope everything went okay with the boobies.

Kathryn – You have to let us know how your new toys are 😊 I was going to say – your work should never complain about you. You are always there and offering to pick up shifts. Not everyone does that. That brings me back to my waitress days.

Cathy – Nice miles this morning! Hives? Oh no! That’s weird. Maybe something weird on a school desk or something. Glad that FIL is doing okay. Okay, so my grandpa had really bad balance issues. So..when they first found him, or my mom first heard about it she thought he fell. In the end, they think he fell because of the stroke. Sad. I wonder if people can do anything to prevent balance issues when they get older? Besides strength training.

Diane – Nice workout today. How AWESOME that you are going to be training Chuckie to run with you! Let me know how that goes. Funny, I was thinking about training Ruger this morning. I am not sure he would hang though.

Felt "dumb" again today job wise. Ugh. Trying not to be hard on myself..I just hope these "higher ups" know that I am new and with 100+ sites, it is very easy to get things mixed up! Anyway..all my site visits are done for this trip! WOOT WOOT. I have to stop one place on my way home tomorrow to get a picture of a fire panel (real exciting) but that is it! I would have driven home tonight..but on 2 hours of sleep it was better I just stay.

Enough work for me. I think I am going to go get a burrito bowl! Have a good evening everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Getting my boob ultrasound and the tech says "are you a runner?" I say yes, what makes you say that. She says I just have the look. We chat a little more then she goes to get the doc to look at the ultrasound. I look down and notice my sock tan and black toenails with my flip flops. Oh, so it wasn't my awesome legs that gave it away then. Anyway, doctor said absolutely no change from 6 months ago so we're going to go with benign and not worth worrying about. Back in a year instead of 6 months.