Womens Running

Windy Weekend (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Gotta go get my run in earlyish, as it's going to be pretty windy the rest of the weekend. It's windy now, just getting worse.

DH is feeling a little better the morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today. Beautiful fall weather.

Karen,  I'm glad your hubby is feeling better

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, so sorry about the situation of your hubs and happy that he was helped quickly. My colonoscopy was not entubed either. Glad he is seeming to be better. That is so scary! :::HUGS:::

I'm still trying to get my internal body parts moving. The anaesthesia is the thing to recover from I am discovering. When everything is shut down it doesn't want to get going again. 

Damaris, as per your post yesterday, what happened as a result of your entubation, if you don't mind me asking?

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Karen, sorry for the scare after your DH's colonoscopy.  Maybe if it were a common side effect and no big deal, then it would have made sense for you to go to the race anyway.  But it wasn't.  It was a rare, weird thing.  So it's good that you stayed, in case it became something worse.  My colonoscopy was completely uneventful, fortunately.

Lori, enjoy the 5.

Judy, sorry you are still feeling after effects from your procedure.    Hope it gets better day by day.

I'm back from Europe!  A great trip.  We visited Copenhagen, Denmark; Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; Tallinn, Estonia; and Helsinki, Finland.  Met up with Elina at the trail race in Lithuania and in Helsinki.  I posted a bunch of photos on FB, but here are a couple from the race photographer:

The only unwanted souvenir that I brought back is a bad case of bronchitis.  Been coughing up a storm and trying not to pull any muscles in my ribcage, as usually happens with this type of ailment.  Unable to sleep much either.  No, not Covid, at least not according to tests so far.  Just need to ride it out.  Glad that I was smart enough to build in a couple extra days off after returning home.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have either 11 or a bike ride; still unsure of how much time we will have. Running errands, buying some of the stuff the construction guys need for the shower, and maybe a movie, etc.

Karen, go!

Lori, nice 5. We are back in Summer highs with some Fallish lows. It's not fall weather here; someone paused it.

Judy, I had both an asthma attack with the tube in (after which they had to remove quickly and give me medication), then my BP went up to 200/100 so I was told I shouldn't get intubated unless it's an emergency. The knee surgery found an alternative for it.

Margaret, sounds like loads of fun. Beautiful pictures in FB and here.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, good heavens! That was a really scary thing for you. Now at least they are forewarned that you should not be entubed. 

GatsbyBird, really cute pictures of you. Thanks for posting them. How great that you could FE with Elina. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Judy, right? They can intubate me, I guess but they should know something will happen and be prepared.

I rode 42 minutes on the bike, did a ton of errands and went to see Black Adam. Knee did very good so I'm not taping it for tomorrow's race and just use the brace afterwards.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I was going to run a 5K race today but got a migraine at 6am so I shut the alarm off and stayed in bed until now. I'll do my 11 then since yesterday I rode the bike.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

8 miles today. In shorts. Crazy weather.

Damaris,  I hope you feel better soon.

Judy, I'm glad you're on the road to recovery.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

I ran 7 this morning. It was.....windy. Running the last few days has felt like a chore. Tomorrow will be a rest day since it's supposed to RAIN!!!!!!! DH update - after feeling pretty awful yesterday, he is much better today. His appetite is back, he has more energy, he's still coughing but apparently what he's coughing up is "better" in his opinion.

Margaret, welcome back! Great pictures (here and on fb). And awesome you got to meet up with Elina.

Damaris, sorry to hear about the migraine. Hope you are feeling somewhat better after sleeping in.

Lori, crazy to have shorts weather up there. Our rain tomorrow is supposed to bring a cold front - much needed as the overnight low was back up to 70 this morning.

Judy, glad to hear you are recovering, even if it is more slowly than you might like!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel