Womens Running

Tweaking Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Tweaked backs, tweaking our diet, tweaking our plans, tweaking our family members.. I may just tweak work today.

Funny how when you repeat a word it becomes really, really weird looking.

Yesterday in a phone interview I heard this for a first time when talking to an individual about compensation and it was said in a serious manner.... "I'm not quite looking at 7 figures."  Sort of took me off guard but then again the guy was making $370 with 50% bonus so I guess within the realm of possibility but couldn't even begin to imagine that many commas needing to be involved. Too rich for our blood that's for sure even if a CIO spot. Not even going to say someday on that one..would be right up there with Boston Qualify.  Need to tweak my salary. LOL

Off to the gym. squeak, squeak, squeak.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Big grin Laughing about the word "tweak". I love it. Squeak squeak squeak...said by myself, the rodent. Big grin After all, some words look weird from the first time you use them in a long time.

Monday I did 25 minutes running on the track, then 40 minutes cardio DVD when I got home. I’m adding in a few yoga stretches after the cardio workouts.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tweaking doggies too. Quincy was sick so I was up late and dh got called to a fire investigation so he didn't get home until 2 am. Not much sleep for me.

Marjorie

LC Runs

I like the word 'tweak'  Big grin

5 chilly miles for me this am.

Lisa - Wow, I can't even fathom having a job that could potentially pay in the 7 figures Surprised

Judy - I need to stretch more

Marjorie - awww, sorry about Quincy.  My dog threw up last night, not sure what's going on though he seems okay today.

Cindy - yay for your run and well behaved calves!

annieSusan

Morning, all.  It is a cold start to the morning, today. Ran a nice 7 miles on trails yesterday. Today I will ride my bike to an art history class that I am auditing. I guess it is time to pull out the heavier gloves. That would be tweaking the outerwear.

good runs, all!

annieSusan

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - Can't imagine the 7 figure demand either....wow....

I love the "tweaking" .... am tweaking my fitness goal for the winter.  I am surprised how sore my upper body is, which tells me I need to "tweak" that and do some strength training.  Focusing on some cross training with my running.

Hi Marjorie, Laura, Judy!  Good to see you posting Anniesusan!

I have had a nice stretch of days off due to conference, and took today off....back to reality tomorrow...Cry

Carol

Good Morning!

No run today.  Back really hurt last night so I decided to give it another day.  ;(  Went to the chiro, and took some Aleve before bed.  Better today but still sore.  At least I'm not gasping when I turn wrong.

Enjoy the cool running weather!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies!  7 miles with last 2 @ MP today, no cyst or fibroid pain.  Hope it continues.

Carol, congrats on the PR!

Tessa, I'm sorry you're having a tough time.  hugs.

Lisa, keep tweaking!  I need a 7 figure salary.  Next time, I will ask for one, ha.

judy, enjoy the cardio workouts.

Marjorie, poor Quincy.  How is Hammy dealing with it?

LC Runs, nice run this morning.

Annie, nice 7 yesterday.

Sue, hope your back feels better soon.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. They sucked.

Damaris Hammy doesn't care. Quincy is such the drama dog, Hammy ignores him. When he is sick all he wants is to have me cuddle him. He is still not 100% today but isn't under my feet so he is better than last night

Laura Quincy has a stomach like mine. Just sensitive. Even when he eats exactly the same every day anything can suddenly set it off. Guess he is my dog in more ways than one.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run today, but I went to the Y and did the elliptical for 45 minutes. I have sort of rediscovered the elliptical with this round of shin splints and am liking using it. I feel like it gives me a good cardio workout without the pounding on my legs. Of course, I can only do it for so long - I was on it for 55 minutes on Friday and, as I told DH, that's a long time to run in place. And, of course, it can't compare to running!

Weight-wise, I've already managed to drop back down into my 5-lb."acceptable" range. But I'm still at the upper edge, and I like to dwell a bit lower, so I'm going to keep at it. Lots of fruit and vegetables.

Lisa - wow, I can't even imagine asking for that!

Judy - I need to get back to stretching. I haven't been doing it at all, and I can feel it in my back.

Marjorie - sorry about the sick pup!

Laura - I had to break out capris and long sleeves for yesterday's run, which is chilly for NC for this time of year.

AnnieSusan - I think your birthday was yesterday? I hope you had a happy one!

Carol - I am terrible about strength work. The one redeeming factor is that my core class does do some shoulder and back work.

Crazysue - sounds like a good idea to take the day off. I hope the back improves.

Damaris - yay for no cyst pain! Are you getting back in the work swing?

Off to shower and then go to an information session for one of the middle school options for DS1 for next year. I can't believe I'm going to have a middle schooler. Where does the time go? Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Poking my head in quickly to say I'm glad we are tweaking and not twerking today.

Hi to everyone!

Ok, carry on.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, tell him he's certainly in the realm of seven figures. Actually given what you mentioned he's in the eight figure category.

Mind you, there is the little matter that the eight figures include two places to the right of the decimal point...

thank you for making it "tweak" and not "twerk".

Laura, Sis works for the federal government, she's an auditor. So she travels all over telling entities what they are doing wrong and what they need to do.

Cindy, DS1 is in middle school? Wow.

Judy, tweak, squeak, wreak...all those words look funny after a while!

Marjorie, Quincy is sick? Sorry.

AnnieSusan, it is cold up there, isn't it? Frosty and I hear it is snowing a bit to the west.

Carol, I think we all need to work on our upper body strength. Lifting an invalid is one way to do it, but I wouldn't recommend that for anyone.

Susan, hope your back is all better soon.

Damaris, wait, you mean a 7 figure salary isn't a given for everyone in your profession?

4 this morning with RN (Running Neighbour). She did the inaugural Stagecoach relay over by the Grand Canyon over the weekend, her relay team was also pacing a friend who was doing the 100. She was bubbling over with it, I don't think I got a hundred words in the whole run. Cold -- her Camelbak tube froze and when she snagged a turkey sandwich from one of the aid stations the turkey was crunchy. But they had a good time. That's all I'm going to run today, since I have class this evening.

runlikeagirl18

Tessa - DS1 is actually in his last year of elementary school (5th grade) but now is the time to look at our choices for next year. If we decide on one of the magnet schools, we'll have to have his name in the lottery on January 1.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

LC Runs

Annie Susan - hi there!!  I am not ready for winter, aggghhh!

Hey Carol - what's your next race?  Hoping to come down there for the Resolution Run this December

Sue - glad your back is a little bit better.  Mine is sore today, too, for some reason

Damaris - glad you're feeling a bit better
                                Smile

Marjorie - sorry your run sucked, hate those days.  How's doggy feeling now??

Cindy - I have never used an elliptical, but would like to try sometime.  The biggest issue I have with cold weather running is how long it takes to put on all those dang layers lol!

Gatsby - OMG, I just about spit out my wine when you mentioned twerking Hahahaha

Tessa - nice 4!  Ohhhh, I don't like dealing with auditors LOL though I'm sure your sis is wonderful - she doesn't come to Michigan, does she???? Wink

I had to travel about an hour and a half north today (Gaylord) and ...yikes...it was snowing there!  I am not ready for it ha ha

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Quincy is better. He ate a little and kept it down.

Funny would have have been watching me put the mattress cover back on by myself. It is one that encases the whole mattress and zips. I got it on but man I had a hard time. Didn't break anything in our room and didn't end up with it on top of me. So it was a win. Smile

Marjorie