Womens Running

Wizarding Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

The weekend will be here like magic! That is my prediction! 

Damaris-I do remember the whole - what was the epidemic thing called? - scare down there when they showed the neighborhood of Miami that was being quarantined. the 1 square mile area. And that was right where my daughter lived in Wynwood, in the middle of the city. Shocked me since I had assumed it would be a more outlying suburb. How about Cayenne Pepper for the ants? Or maybe it's red chili pepper? I seem to have heard that that works too. Indy will be oh so boring in comparison. You will have corn and conservatives though to liven things up. 

HCK2-We are all just trying to survive... even the mosquitos. You have probably helped to bring forward a whole new generation of them. LOL

Heading out for a morning run. Tomorrow is my "Summer Friday" (don't get confused... it is still Thursday). I'll head to some park and do some small loops so that I can check email after each one (probably 5.5 mile loops) and respond. Want to get some more weekly miles in. this weekend is my 12 hour thing on a 6.3 mile loop. I actually have an A goal of 7 loops but will have to take weather into account but that is averaging 17 min/mile (includes all aid station stops, etc in that pace). Which is just a bit faster than I would likely do at Woodstock based on last year's 17:12 min/mile pace for the 100k. So I guess I'm looking at this as my HP?  See I can get all pace technical too. Although I've probably done something wrong there because running math and me is just a fail pretty much all of the time. 

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 9 with 3 @ MP tonight.

Lisa, bahahaha.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.3 for me!

Ah, it was nice to have some fresh air this morning! 65 degrees - dewpoint was still at 64 which is still humid to me, but I can't complain about it! It is better than the 70's! Run was great - one of those ones that gets better as you go along. I was daydreaming about the days to come when I will feel a chill...LOL.

Meeting with the flower lady went good last night. Crazy to me how things are starting to come together. I am trying to decide on "welcome sign"..."seating sign" and menu boards. Sigh.

Not having a good day already. Hoping work will be a good distraction.

Karen – Good luck today with the great weather run and the house hunting. Keep us updated! If I ever decide to do an Ultra, I will have to learn to love walking!

Lisa – Oh yes, the marathons too close together – I realized that last year when I blew up a couple of times. I think its best for me to do 2-3 a year instead of the 4-5 I was doing before. When I was reading your post from this morning, you made me think it was Thursday!!! Smart idea with the small loops and checking email.

Docket – salt? Really, that works? Never heard of that. I always come back from runs with dead gnats on my face..Good luck with the 9 tonight! Dreading my MP run on Friday.

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Good Morning!

4.1 for me this morning - it was absolutely wonderful out there - 50 degrees!  I am noticing the sunrise is getting later in the morning, boo hoo!

Just work today, travelling so will be out of the office most of the day.

Lisa - enjoy your summer Friday tomorrow!

Hi Damaris - have a great run tonight!

Lizzie - nice 10!  Wow, wedding things are really coming together!!

Good Morning!!!  It was 70F this morning so I did an easy 3.4 miles (without stopping!!!).  Hip still hurts, but I kept going anyway.  It was nice to get out there.

Yay Lizzie! Sounds like everything is coming together.

Lisa--Zika

Sounds like stepdad is going to be released to home hospice care.  Talked to Mom last night.  The NP said he had about 3-6 months due to his weakened state of health. Sad and hard on Mom. She said she could take care of him and I told her NO!  She needs all the help she can get--that is why they have health insurance, so she doesn't have to do it all.  I hope she listened and arranges for all the home health assistance she can get for him.

Busy day here--y'all have a good one.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday!  Low 50's this morning and sunny!  So it's a really happy day.    10 miles with 2x4 miles at marathon pace, yadda yadda yadda.  While I wouldn't call it a fun run, there were moments of enjoyment.  I also saw 2 hot air balloons!  

Lisa, ah, a working run?    HP?  What's that, happy pace?    One of the things that's so cool about this group is that we have so many different types of runners and goals but we can all peacefully coexist.     You know, Sandy, Liz and I are running the Gopher to Badger Half in a few weeks.  2 animals!  

Damaris, have fun with the MP.    Have you tried white vinegar for the ants?  We occasionally get ants in the house and that seems to clear them up.  I have used it full strength to get rid of them initially, then mix with water and put in a spray bottle.

Lizzie, nice 10.3!  There was a chill here this morning.    Ooh, that wedding stuff kind of sounds fun!    I hope your day improves!

Laura, the weather was awesome this morning!  Yeah, I have noticed the days are getting shorter.  We are inching towards winter...

Sue, glad that you got a run in and the hip was tolerable.  Sorry about your stepdad.  I hope your mom takes advantage of the insurance and available help.  Caretaking is difficult.

Karen, sounds like you have a fun day planned.    Well, the run in cool weather sounds fun!  Thanks for reassuring me that 10 miles at MP should be hard.    I was thinking that marathon pace often turns out to be long run pace for a first time marathoner.  If they're lucky.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

It's National Tequila Day!!  Bottoms up!

That's it.

Off to work.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lisa, ah, a working run?    HP?  What's that, happy pace?    One of the things that's so cool about this group is that we have so many different types of runners and goals but we can all peacefully coexist.     You know, Sandy, Liz and I are running the Gopher to Badger Half in a few weeks.  2 animals!  

Cathy

Two animal race!! Yeah! HP=hundo pace

Lisa

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi all.

Had a really nice 5 mile run today. No humidity. Yay.

I'm also racing the 12 hour Loopty loop race this weekend. But I've not been training so I will be tickled if I can get 40 miles in.  Which of course is 18mm. But realistically it will likely be less given my training.

Mosquitoes? We get them all the time especially since it's been so hot humid and rainy. I hate the little buggers because they love  me.

Anyway heading off to the library to pick up my latest books. Alias Grace and Best Friends Forever (because Karen and Sandy recommended them).

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Seloc

Man, what a day.  Boss is on vacation all week, one guy called out with no childcare, another guy called out rest of week for I don't know why.  Is this week over, yet?

Rest day here.  Thought about going to yoga but had some sort of panic like attack in the night stressing about work.  Blah.  Still really nice weather for another day and then the humidity creeps back in.  Bossman sure picked a good week to be off.  Wish I was that lucky!!

HCK - yikes on all the mosquito bites!  Plenty around here as well especially at dusk and dawn.

Lisa - LOL yep, those runners truly are doing long runs FASTER than marathon pace.  It could very well be their "hopeful" marathon pace.  That's cool you've already been on the SHT.  One of my friends keeps asking if I will do a two night hike with her there.  I keep saying yes if she plans it!  I have done a 10K on it once - it was TOUGH.  Glad you have been enjoying some less humid weather.  Good luck with your loopyy loo!!  

Karen - hope you are having a GREAT time in CO!  Enjoy that weather and good luck with the house hunting.  Can't wait to hear what you found!

Cathy - awesome AWESOME run this morning!  Man, you KILLED it.  Glad the weather cooperated.  I actually have no idea where I heard about Queen Bee but that'll be up first since it's due back first.  Then I Am Watching You.  Finished The Night Before - it was good!  Quick read.  TOTALLY get what you were saying about that "coach".  After all those years wouldn't you think you would try a different approach??  Slow learner, maybe??  haha.  Sorry to hear of your hammock mishap.  How's the arm feeling?

Kat - sweet on the great Ecuador deal!  Try not to beat yourself up too much about the work sitch.  It happens.  LOL I saw that about tequila day.  I actually have some in my freezer - may have some just because.  

Sue - nice run!  Glad the hip is behaving.  I've been doing more cobra/upward dog and that has been helping my piriformis.  Sounds weird, but opposing muscles and all.  Tight hip flexors can pull the pelvis forward which pulls the booty/hamstrings if that makes sense.  Pigeon pose has helped, too.  Just some easy ideas, I guess.  How was your day with the big bosses?  Oh, and I've been meaning to comment - glad you and your bosslady have come to a good working relationship.  Makes life more pleasant!!  Sorry for stepdad - hope mom will get the help!!

Damaris - have a good 9.  Have you gotten word on your move, yet?  Will the kit kats all move with you?

Liz - glad you had a good meeting with the flower lady.  Gosh it takes a lot to plan a wedding!!  No doubt it will be perfect in every way.  Nice run.  Glad you are getting a break from your heat.

Laura - nice morning miles!  I've been noticing the later mornings, too.  I don't like it!  Means the big W is coming ALL too soon.  

Lori - nice miles!  Enjoy the books!

Meeting a friend after work - will be a nice distraction!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Nice cool run this morning 😊 Traveling can be a nice change!

Susan – Nice run this morning! Sorry the hip is still hurting. So sorry to hear about your stepdad ☹ I hope your mom takes advantage of the help! That is what it is there for.

Cathy – Hey, we were mileage twins today! Nice run – that was basically a warm up and then full marathon pace run 😊 You are SPEEDY! Can’t wait for your race! I have a run Friday that is 8 miles @ MP. I am not looking forward to it. Only because its still humid out there! Enjoy that beautiful weather!

Kathryn – I don’t know about tequila..but I could go for some alcohol!

Lori – Awesome on the race this weekend!! Will be looking forward to seeing how you do!

Sandy –Panic attacks about work at night? Ugh, that is no good.  â˜¹ You would think it would be an easy week with the bossman not there! Hang in there. Have a great time tonight! I wish I had more friends around here that would grab a drink after work! I miss that.

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Later mornings indeed. Moon's still too bright to see the stars just before dawn, but I know the Pleiades are already up before sunrise and Orion will be coming over the eastern horizon by this time next week.

Susan, I'm sorry to hear about your stepdad. Tell your mom YES get all the help she possibly can. Call in hospice and make him as comfortable as possible. If they are members of a church, alert the pastor and the people who are willing to help. Line up visitors. Talk to the neighbors. And if he falls, she can call the fire department to send people to come help pick him up rather than her trying to lift a grown man off the floor.

BTDT, as you know. If there is a group for caregivers of people in this situation, I would encourage her to attend if possible. And look for supportive groups online also. It was such a comfort at times that winter to get online and post about what I was going through and get sympathy and support from people I might never have met but who were willing to lend a virtual ear and shoulder. If I can help, let me know. I've been there.

Lisa, not worried about a small race and oh my, who'd have thought that a race in New Hampshire might be a trail...big whoop. However, not thrilled about deerflies, especially if you get a deerfly patch before the race starts! Let me know if it is a go, though.

Damaris, when are you and DH slated to make the move?

Cathy, now reading Girls with Sharp Sticks, thanks for the recommendation. YA Handmaid's Tale, I think?

Liz, definitely have assigned seating. I think I've told my story before about sitting next to a stranger at DH's niece's wedding and finding out only after talking to her for a while that she was DH's first wife. (And everyone in that damn banquet room knew it except me and DH and they were all watching with avid interest.)

Lori, I would be furious with the neighbor too. She has no right to prune your tree. And if it dies as a result of her attentions, you can take her to small claims court for the value of a replacement. At least you could in this country, I suspect you can in Canada also. Not a lawyer though. And if you do wind up replacing the tree, I would suggest picking the kind that will annoy her the most.

Kat, tequila day? Woo hoo. Or actually boo hoo because I have class...no tequila for me.

Sandy, have fun meeting your friend.

Laura, how is work going? Still bad?

3.2 this morning with RN and her pups. We got greeted by a number of dogs along the way. It was in the 70s at 4 AM, now is over 100. Summer is here. Bah. I got dressed, headed out, got on the freeway, and after traveling 2 miles in 20 minutes (big accident further down the road) I calculated it would take me 2.5 hours to get to work, decided I could be a lot more productive at home, took the first off ramp, and turned around. I do have to go teach a class down by the airport in a few minutes but at least I didn't spend hours getting there this morning.

Anonymous Guest

I want to live here. Took these during my run around town today.

I think I've got it narrowed down to two condos and a house. On the one hand, the condos make sense because they're cheaper and they're right in town so will rent out easy and they're small so not a lot of room we don't need and our HOA fee will take care of the grounds/exterior maintenance. On the other hand, the house is about 5 miles out of town in a part redneck/part new construction neighborhood just outside the national forest and lots of trails to run. And it's on a big lot for the dogs. But we'd have to try to manage maintenance from TX and it costs more. It's small for a house (1200 sf) and sits on a half acre.

Sent some pictures to Mike, I think I'm going to go grab an early dinner then we will decide which one to put an offer on. Will try to get back here later, but for now, all about me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Talked to the boy. We're going to offer on the house.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That looks so cool, Karen!

I've been sleepy since 9am today, that's awesome .  RDing it today because I'm falling asleep as we speak.  Hubby is lowering down one of the three BP doses because that might be it.  I can't win, ha.  But my BP has been awesome!

No words on job but we are going to Indy for hubby's second interview at the end of August and I'll talk to big boss tomorrow after she makes the official announcement internally to see if they want me to come by the office then.

Damaris