Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO THE WEEKEND (Read 20 times)

SassySparky

post em

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Three miles + 13 burpees last night. 14 burpees + ST tonight!

NRR: Same old same old - work and play! Big D and I have started making up a big batch of steel cut oats on the weekend, and eating them for breakfast during the week. I love it - making oats (steel cut or just regular rolled) takes so much time so it's nice to just pop them in the microwave. I'm also currently reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin, which I think many of you would enjoy. There is a blog that goes with it. I am loving it.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

OJewel

Good morning Sassy! That sounds like a great breakfast plan you and Big D are doing. Wow on those burpees!

Morning ladies,

RR- 4 miles this morning on the hotel TM.

NRR- had an ok day yesterday, today I have some more meetings. Outwest, I think you asked, I usually go to PA twice per month but had to go three times this month for a meeting. I feel like I've been out here a lot too. I am so boring when I'm out here, I really can't think of anything else to say, haha.

Have a great day!

lizo_77

I'm with you there sassy!

RR: 2.3 last night with M. We got home, ran in freezing rain... it was cold and wet! and got home for a hot shower.

NRR: made a chicken breast and cream of chicken and vegetable casserole and home made garlic bread last night. M approved. Smile he's on the road now for work and it's another slippery slidy drive. of all the weeks for him to start the day shift, it's this week with icky weather. oh well. at least we know how bad it could get when he drives to and from work .

heading out of town tonight for interview one tomorrow. please send good vibes my way for the project interviews. there's one tomorrow and then one on friday. two different project types too. back home tomorrow afternoon.

sassy: I've heard of that! I read it somewhere. How do you store them over the week?

jewel: going to be doing hopefully three or four miles tonight on the hotel TM where I'm going! hope the meetings go well!

melrunner

Good Morning Ladies!

Jewel, safe travel to PA today!!!

Sassy, yummmm I love steel cut oats. I love also cold oat meal!!

TriR ran a half on Sunday. First half in a year. No PF pain. Also my longest run was 8 so I was extremely undertrained. It's a local half and I went out and had fun. Rest day today as I'm mega sore.

NtriR, volunteering tonight 6-9. First shift!

Wedding related, I think I picked the flower girl dresses ! They take 12weeks so indeed to have them ordered this week. Also dealing with the drama ng family drama. Enough seriously!!

back in a second for more personals!

POrun

Happy Tuesday!

RR: Running 3 or so tonight.

NRR: Got to sleep fairly early last night and am feeling much less exhausted today. I ended up working 10 hours yesterday, but I have a dr. appt on Friday, so I guess I at least made up some work time I would have otherwise missed.

Sassy: Great job on the workouts!!! Good call on the steel cut oats.

OJ: Great job getting the mileage in on the Treadmill!!!

Have a great day ladies!

MA runner girl

Morning!

Sassy - I love making things on the weekend to make life easier during the week! Great job with the workouts, I wish I could do the burpee challenge!

Jewel - I would hate travelling for work, I do not envy you! I hope you have a better day today!

Lizo - There is nothing better than a really hot shower after a cold and wet run. Mmm love it! I hope M made it to work ok. That's nice that he's on day shift now, must make life easier for you.

RR: Nada yesterday. I didn't want to risk driving out to the gym, plus I worked super late. Today is 3 miles... outside! It's supposed to be in the 40s!

NRR: Worked until almost 8 last night. Oddly I didn't really mind. I was watching tv (I'm hooked on Bones on netflix right now) and relaxing on the couch while getting some uninterupted work done. I'm finding myself increasingly annoyed with interuptions during the day that it was so nice to not get one email or IM for a few hours so I could be productive. DH made dinner too so I didn't have to worry about that Smile Tonight I am planning on making chili and relaxing, NOT working!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Meli - Ugh, I'm sorry you are dealing with wedding drama, that is not cool! Cute that you found the flower girl dresses! How many flower girls do you have? YAY for no PF pain!

PO - I'm glad you got to make up some sleep last night. Are you hourly or salary? Nights like last night I don't like being salary... but then when I have a dr appt I don't need to make up the time I miss, so I guess there are positives and negatives!

melrunner

MA about 8-10 flower kids! No bridesmaids only children. Are you having tons of snow?

PO, what a great surprise birthday party from P!

Lizo stay warm out there!

lizo_77

mel: boo about wedding drama! mine seems to have calmed down for now anyway! cool about the flower girl dresses! hope the ordering and delivery process goes smooth!

po: ouch! that's a long day for you yesterday! but that's good that it made up some of the hours pending friday.

MA: +1 about getting interrupted during the day and getting lots done on the couch in front of the tv after work hours!!

MA runner girl

Meli - Wow 8-10 kids!! I don't know that many! Haha Fun! Smile We only got a couple inches yesterday. It's supposed to warm up so much that I don't think we'll have anything on the ground by the end of the day!

gsdrunner

Morning Ladies, we are off to a late start (we are just finishing breakfast and its 815am) YIKES!

RR: Today is supposed to be speed work. I am going to take M to the park today and tomorrow (its going to be 60 and 70) so I will do my run with her. So, no speedwork AGAIN this week. Definitely doing it next week.

NRR: We had a great time yesterday. M did wonderful traveling and hanging out all day. I'm getting worried about my half coming up in March. I wanted to run it around 1:45, but I have been having issue with getting speedwork done, but I have been hitting weekly mile over 30. I still have 6 weeks, so maybe I will be happy with anything under 1:50. Before M I never had to even consider doing something like this. Times have changed that is for sure!

Sassy:  Great job on the workout. BTW, M dropped her first morning feeding. I am surprised, I would have thought it would have been something later in the day. But instead of feeding she has her breakfast etc. Then before nap time she is back to a feeding. So we are at 3!

Meli: I saw the post. The save the date cards are great! Yay for picking flowers!

PO:  Glad to hear you got some good rest. You definite need it.

OJ:  Sorry work doesnt believe in telepresence. It would definitely cut down on travel. Smile

Lizo: Good luck on the interview.

NC: Sending good vibes your way for your interview!

MA: SOunds like a great way to work! I always found I got more work done and done better at home. Mainly bc I didn't have 3947598 interruptions and people coming by my desk all the time! Smile

Alright, ladies gotta get moving.... Have a great day!

MA runner girl

GSD - I think with your stroller runs, you are definitely getting tough workouts in! Also, based on your 10 mile pace from the pic you posted a few weeks ago (wasn't it 8:40ish pace?) I think you will surprise yourself. FWIW, when I ran 1:47 last spring my 10-14 mile runs were paced around 9:40...

Klmcdona

Morning Ladies!

this has to be a quick one for me, today is the first day of my new job... lots to fill you ladies in on .. I will try and pop on fb sometime. Same company, just a new job...all for the best!

RR- had a great bike/abs workout last night. Tonight will be a run. No idea of what is on the schedule so I will have to check that out.

NRR- Well, obviously there have been quite a few changes here! It is a long story and has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but ultimately this worked out for the best for me. It was definitely one of those blessing in disguise moments! I made a new breakfast that I am excited to try.. quinoa for bfast!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: Last night was 3 miles and some weights. Tonight I'm thinking a repeat of last nights workout.

NRR: SIL was having contractions last night. But nothing bad and her water hasn't broken yet. She had an ultrasound yesterday and they said the baby is almost 9 pounds! She goes to the doctor tomorrow and I guess at that point they'll decide whether to induce her or not.

It's going to take me FOREVER to unpack all my stuff from my month with my parents. It's my nightly project for the week!

Gotta run, ladies! Have a great day!