Womens Running

Hope Springs Eternal Weekend (over 40) (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

If we keep saying spring maybe it will be spring for the frozen people up north.

Off to run, puppy pool and more painting.

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!

Marjorie, thanks for starting us off. Enjoy your days off.

I did about 2.5 w/r on the super short trails here-very nice.

Hope it's a good weekend for everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2. Puppy pool got cancelled. They moved him to tomorrow instead.

Camille nice work out. Hope hip is doing well.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning, all. I was just so tired this morning - still feeling last night's tough workout, I think. So I blew off my spectating and slept in until 8. Coffee now, easy 5 miles soon. Weather looks good this weekend. I'm ignoring the forecast of snow for Monday.

Last night when I started listing off everyone I knew running either the half or the full today, DH looked surprised and asked why I wasn't running (I think he finally understands me!). I didn't have a good answer (other than trying to be good about training for Boston), and didn't tell him how much I wanted to jump off the metro on my way home at the stop for the expo and sign up! I'm glad I didn't - it's a good morning for a race, but I have too much to do and I'm tired.

Morning Marjorie and Camille, and everyone to follow!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry I did not check in yesterday but I had court and then every time I tried to post here someone came into my office with an issue, case, etc.  Did 1 mile on the TM to calibrate the footpod and 4.65 miles on the bike last night.  Running 5-6 tonight. Asthma and allergies are bad today, we'll see.

Marjorie, enjoy the painting.

Karen, enjoy your 5.

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Hope you didn't get to puppy pool and then have them cancel!

Karen - Good thing you didn't sign up for race if you are tired....sometimes a little rest is best!

Camille - Have you been to the Cumberland Waterfalls - by Clarion?  If so, is it worth it?  Glad you are able to get out and do some running!

Damarias - I am so amazed how fast you have recovered!

Ran the Half this am.  Boy was it windy....temp was in the high 20's, but the winds were 15 to 17 mph North winds....at the turnaround, about mile 8ish it literally stopped you in your tracks!  Otherwise was a fun time.  I kept to my plan to run it at MP.  My garmin stopped at 10 miles though...WTH.  It was charged last night, so don't know what that was about.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nope, Carol they messaged me around 830 this am so plenty of time since Hammy doesn't swim until 10 15

painting done. The 13 foot wall is so hard to do but got it done. The 12 foot ladder is the worst part as it is very heavy and hard to move around. Did all but the cut in at the ceiling before getting the ladder.  Extension poles are good things. Still climbing up and down to get the paint just to do the trim and around the smoke detector was a lot of work. Pics are on face book. The new color is called willow wind. A yellowy green kinda celery like.

Karen good for you behaving and not racing.

Damaris is sorty the allergies are acting up.

Guess iI should go see if I need to do any touch ups and pull my car in the garage now that I'm done monkeying with the big ladder and it is safely back in its spot in the garage

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 TM miles felt hard but I still have not find the TM equivalent of easy pace.  Because I was running 1mm slower than outside and it felt like I was racing a 5K, ha.

Bike, nice job on the half.

Marjorie, the FB pics look amazing!  Great job!

Damaris

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran a 10K this morning, which went both well and not well. I felt pretty lousy - I could tell by 1.5 miles in that it was going to be a struggle. I was just tired, with heavy legs, and I felt sick to my stomach most of the race. I usually feel sick at some point during a race, but it usually only lasts a couple of minutes and then passes; today it lasted. BUT I still managed to run a decent time - 51:59, which was right between my A goal of 52:11 and B goal of 51:40. And it was good enough for 2nd in my AG! So, while I'm discouraged that I didn't feel better, I'm pleased that I was able to hang onto my pace even though I felt crappy. And it was a perfect day for it - 50 and sunny at race time. DS1 and DS2 ran the 5K, and DS2 wound up 3rd in his AG. All in all, a fun time.

Marjorie - nice miles, and nice that your pace is coming back.

Camille - I hope your mom is feeling better.

Karen - sounds like you needed the extra sleep. I was really wiped after the race today - after the race I went to DS1's soccer game, came home and had lunch, then lay down for a minute because I was so drained. Next thing I knew, it was 90 minutes later.

Damaris - I'm never able to find an easy pace on the TM - paces that are relaxed on the roads feel really hard to me on the TM.

Carol - wow, that's windy! Good for you for racing in that. Sorry about the Garmin - that's frustrating.

Waves to everyone else - I think I'm done for the day.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Cindy!  I hope I can find one on the TM because how else will I do my MP workouts?  Soon it will be 90F+ and I won't do another marathon training outside with as many miles as I do.  I need to find some cooler miles, ha.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2. Puppy pool was today. Went well. I ran after the pool as sleeping was important. Just wore my run stuff there so I was ready as soon as got home.

Cindy sorry you felt off but still a good time.

Now ow just hanging with the pups. I want to do some garage stuff  this week. We will see if the weather cooperates as the plan is to seal the floor. A lot of rain is in the forecast so I may not be able to do it.

Marjorie

Tessa-glad that you liked the card I sent with all of our pictures in it. (I creeped on all who had Facebook pages or that I've come across in my meanderings). You're in our thoughts.

Good job to all that raced!

dd had her first forensics competition and made it to the finals with a 6th place finish out of a field of 26 in her category. Pretty good for her first time ever doing public speaking.

Ran ran ouside this afternoon but not sure in distance since my phone froze-literally. Really tired of phone and eyelashes freezing on runs. Came up as 8.16 but the map had me running as the crow flies which of course I didn't. Maybe I'll map it later. Was not amused by the snow flakes flitting around me.

Lisa

ginnyb

I ran 7 miles this morning, but I don't think I have ever been so cold, ever!  I literally could not use my fingers for a half an hour after I got home!  The wind was brutal.  Do not know why I kept going, but I just had to, LOL!  I constantly teeter between not running and acting like a fool and running on a day like today!  What's with that anyway?  I have to say that I did not have any aches or pains while running today.  Now this could be because I was frozen, not sure, but I still feel pretty good.

Cindy...congratulations on the AG win.  That is a great time.

Marjorie...good job on the painting.

Lisa....congratulations to Kaite!  I hear you on being frozen.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday's tiredness turned into a migraine. I got my 5 easy in, then just started feeling generally worse and worse. Woke up this morning and felt awful. I tried some coffee and barely was able keep it down, so went back to bed. I finally got up around 11, felt a little better, so decided to start my 20 miler in my neighborhood so I could cut it short if I felt bad. I actually felt really good, ended up running all 20 at a 9:26 pace, which is faster than I usually do my long runs at. Stopped by the house twice for gu and water, but that was it. Now I just have a low grade headache. I'll probably go to bed early tonight. Hoping the snow that just started does not turn into the 5-8 inches they are predicting. DH and I talked almost exclusively about our upcoming trip to Florida over dinner - just can't face another blast of winter here.

Cindy, nice job pushing through even when you weren't feeling it. And congrats on the AG placement.

Lisa, congrats to Kaite! And nice to see you getting some distance in.

Carol, that sounds like a tough tough race. Nice job.

Ginny, I think maybe you have hit your "enough winter" breaking point! Nice job on the miles in the cold.

Marjorie, love the color of the paint you posted on fb the other day.

Damaris, I feel the same way on the TM. Seems much harder to hit the same pace as outside. The first time I tried speedwork on it last year I almost shot off the back!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, glad Hammie got his puppy pool fix. Did he get to play with the octopus, too?

Cindy, 2nd in AG isn't bad, and that's a very respectable time for a woman in her 40s. Good for you.

Lisa, maybe wear phone inside clothing close to your body? I used to have a phone that froze whenever I carried it next to a cold bottle of water. Really annoying since I then had to recharge it before I could use it.

Camille, super short trails? I believe the alternate word for that is "driveway". *grin*

Karen, you're one of the few people I know who could just jump in and run that race. Did you get your Boston number?

Damaris, running sucks right now for the pollen sensitive. Hope you feel better.

Carol, sorry your Garmin stopped -- what was your chip time?

Ginny, that wind sounds brutal. Are you wearing warm gloves?

I'm guessing nobody in the cold part of the country wants to hear that I planted my tomatoes yesterday. I did get 10 miles in yesterday morning before packing up more of the garage. I need to flatten a lot of boxes, but we are running out of room in the recycle bins. Some of them may have to wait until next week's pickup. And the trailer is not completely empty but it's getting there. I've found notes from classes DH took in 1977, textbooks from the same era, his high school and college yearbooks, and plenty of evidence that we have had rats in there for a long time. I hope they're being scared away by the activity. And the cats. 3 this morning walking with the WW early bird group, then we finished at 6:45 and meeting isn't until 8 AM so I took off for another 5 miles running. Felt better for it.

Still don't have locks on the front door, but there are two coats of paint on it and DS is going to reinstall the locks before we go to my parents' home for dinner. He has gone to get milk. This is his third time soloing, I'm still nervous. He said happily "no more training parent!" and I hastened to assure him that I will still be riding with him some of the time.

Enjoy the Sunday evening, everyone.