Womens Running

Tuesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Rain, rain, and more rain here. It's coming up from the south, which is the wrong direction for filling our lake, but at least it's raining! Radar looked clear when I got up, so I thought I'd be able to get a run in after all. Now it's looking like a treadmill day sadly. I'll give it a little more time to see if a window develops, but most likely it will be indoors for me. Sad. But rain......not sad.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Morning!  We’re getting a few days of nice temps before rain on Sat.  I’m glad to see rain in the forecast since our wet season is just about done. Coffee, toast, run, work today. 

Karen, enjoy the TM run. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, light sprinkles here.  Does say chance for storms, but both local and national says it will clear by noon/1pm.  Hope you get a window...

Margaret, enjoy the good weather.  Are you still going to do the 50K this weekend?  I guess it will be rainy there too?

Today I have 6 scheduled.  With the weather I will wait a few hours.  Currently it is barely raining, but I am super cautious when it says storms, cause DAMN, they're wicked here.  And scary.

Day off, so that's it.  Might hit Best Buy to look at ear buds.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rain rain and more rain here.

Woke up a bit tired this morning but fortunately WFH. Other than that and a sore arm, the Covid booster had no symptoms on me like usual. The tiredness I assume is from the Ozempic which I also did yesterday.

5 and Pilates later.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

After about 5 inches of rain in 3 hours this morning, it appears we have no more storms in the forecast until maybe tonight. We had a little lake/river in our backyard for awhile there. The actual lake is up about a foot and should keep rising for awhile as the river drains into it. Need more, still 16 feet low, but better than 17 or the 20 feet low from the fall. Anyway, I guess it's time for an afternoon run! Not today treadmill, not today.

Kathryn, it looked like the storms were all starting around Austin and when I scrolled down a little farther to you, hardly anything.

Margaret, will the Saturday rain make for a muddy race for you this weekend?

Damaris, glad no big side effects from the shots. Reminds me I need to get the shingles shot. I mentioned it to my mom and she was telling me about when my dad had it. Apparently he had pain on and off FOR YEARS where he had it. Yikes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, nice on the WFH.  Hope your miles and pilates go well.

Karen, holy smokes!  Lotta rain.  Glad you're able to go this afternoon though.

MUGGY run today, and it got damn HOT out.  I guess it's 91 currently.  Felt it out there.  I managed 6, only walking, but at a decent clip with the best hills in my area as possible, which aren't great.  But, better than flat.

Hit Best Buy and picked up a pair of Bose ear buds.  They price matched Staples who were $50 cheaper.  I have 2 weeks to decide.  Guess I should take them out of the box.

Saying goodbye to my old coach tonight.  New woman seems positive and interactive, I like.  I started a food journal.  Next week she wants some strength, we will see.  She said I can switch days it's on.  She put it on an after work day, with an hour+ run too.  Probably not all going to happen, yet.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 with strides before work and strength training after.

AnonymousGuest, that's a lot of rain in one day. We got 4 inches over 2 days last week.

GatbsyBird, enjoy the nice weather.

KatS, good call on waiting for the storms to pass. I have done some loops that keep me within 10 minutes or so of the house when there are storms in the area.

Docket, good news that there were no side effects.

4 easy miles with strides.  Yes, I've got a 50k on Sunday, and yes it could be muddy since there's supposed to be rain on Saturday.  If I'm not feeling it, I can turn around early and do the 35k instead.  It's a hard 50k under the best of conditions and a mudfest wouldn't be fun.  We'll see.

Kat, good luck with the new coach!  And the ear buds.

Damaris, Karen -- oof that's a lot of rain.

HCK, nice workouts.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR