Womens Running

Over the Hump Wednesday Supermoms (Read 21 times)

beckykay

Arm:  Ugh on coming down with something.  Hope it is quick!  I can't say that I would ever be nice enough to co-sign for my siblings.

runnergirl9508

zorbs: hooray for yoga. sorry about the shin pain, can you self-graston it, too? i'd ice the heck out of it. ugh on the fake crying, that would annoy me too!

reh: awww, so sweet on all the new babies, enjoy the snuggles! i'll forgive ya on the too fast tempo Wink  cute about the thanksgiving assembly! DH gets most of his OT from staying late. although he works one out of every 3 Saturdays, and that's on top of a full 40+ hr work week, so it's always a boatload of OT there too.

Cx2- foggy runs are always creepy. sorry about the meltdowns at night ,hugs mama!! wish I had some advice to help you out. a vacation sounds great- can you take a personal day from work, drop C at daycare and go shopping by yourself for the day, maybe stay at a friends house overnight?

Ernie- nice job on your tempo run yesterday! lol on the boots! we've been lucky in that my SIL has given me all of her boys winter boots and snowsuits. have fun at the new community center tonight! They are on Oahu.

stroller- yay for a bonus trip to see DH!!! I hope that things line up with your TTC window while you're there. I totally hear ya on actually trying to get pg. We got pregnant on the first try with R. I've heard those TTC boards/blogs can be pretty rough. R looooooves jumping in the leaves, and kicking through the piles.

CA- oooh, jealous of your possible Hawaii trip! enjoy your 15K tonight, great RR btw! Relays are so much fun. +1 on the quality vs quantity of time spent with the kids. When I work more hrs I feel like I appreciate/enjoy my time with R more than on the weeks where do very little training. aww, O sounds so sweet!

becky- whoop, hope the pilates vid is good! sorry about the off and on with C right now. LOL on the playdate with the mystery kid, hope you guys have fun!

spike- nice run, I need to have DH realign my stroller too, as it's starting to pull to the right pretty badly! Yay for staying dry all day, R! ew ew ew on catching the puke in your hands, that makes me want to hurl. I have a really hard time w/vomit. Hope you can get everything done that you need to!

arm- nice run today, hope that you aren't getting sick! lol on L singing, R does that too sometimes. hope the extra rest helps DD2 feel better! wow, 3 family rooms is a lot!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I liked hawaii but my parents revert to being teenagers when there (that's where they went to university) and at the time we lived in SB so already spoiled by the beach.  Oh I have been self-grastoning my shin, but I am just afraid of doing too much and causing more inflammation.

eh - didn't you snuggle with another new baby last week? how many new babies are there? I have lost track, obviously.

cx2 - good gawd, that's a lot of babies. I never held a baby before B and I will probably never hold a baby again.

ernie - how many community centres are there in MA anyways?  Maybe they should build a high school (with a track) instead?  I was born 10 days late and I lived in fear of being overdue with B.

stroller - I never dared venture into the TTC thread on RW, but I heard it was a horrible place.

CA - I can't wear sleeves 24/7..I'll get sausage toes...but I did get a pair of pink CEP sleeves to wear at the race on Sunday.

becky - how did Dillon's mom get your email?

spike - I thought this weekend was when you're at the hotel with the nice shower?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I thought this weekend was when you're at the hotel with the nice shower?

Tomorrow night only, meetings all day Friday then home.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

cx2 - Sorry about feeling grouchy - hope you cheer up soon.  I know I have times where everyone annoys me too!

ernie - nice speedy tempo!  The new rec centre sounds fun, is it near your house?  It is the SIL in the States so we won't see her for a while, but still very exciting!

stroller - cute about the achoo!  Yay on seeing DH again soon!  Good idea to stay away from those TTC boards.  I lurked on them very infrequently before conceiving DD2 and I was mostly annoyed by them.  I don't think BQing would be a possibility for me.

CA - My tempo is supposed to be around HMP.  Funny, SIL just moved from PA to Alabama - she had her first at a birthing centre in PA, but midwives are illegal in AL.  Apparently at one of her first OB vists the doc was ready to schedule her induction (months in advance)  He said he delievers about 90% of his patients b/c they are all induced before their due date.  She also said he looked at her funny when she told him she didn't want an epidural.  He asked her if that was a Canadian thing?!?!  Mongolian beef sounds yummy!  yay for quality time!

becky - hope that playdate goes well!  I was at the school a lot more when DD1 was in school and I got to know all her classmates quickly.   Now I am rarely there and all of DS's classmates are foreign to me.  Hope you are having a good day today!

spike - yuck on the barf, but yay on staying dry and not having timeouts!  Way to go DH on trying squash - hahah!!  - I love squash!  And I did sniff the LOs head.  He is almost completely bald, so sweet

zorbs - There have been a lot of babies lately and there are more coming!  Two SILs due in the next month!

arm - you are brave to cosign for your brother!  I don't think I would ever do it!  Exciting about the house renos!  Sounds like you will have a much better lay out once the work is done.  I hoe you don't get sick!

Erniegirl

cx2 - You have been having such a tough time with these evening meltdowns, you do need a vacation - even just one night away! Is there any chance you might go back to using the nanny full-time? Things seems to be so much smoother for you guys then. Does Children's Place always have free shipping? I have a gift card but never remember to go in the actual store, so I should use it online.

stroller - Keep at the ST and you'll be much less sore! And definitely stay away from TTC boards. Ugh. I was charting using Fertility Friend, which meant the message boards were right there to be read...I've stopped charting and reading boards because both were making me crazy.

CA - Glad the girls are being so good for you at night! I'm going to check out your race report now.

becky - Nice deal on the pilates video! Ha, Hot N Cold is really the toddler anthem, isn't it? I often think turkey sandwiches may be better than the actual turkey dinner.

spike - eeew on the vomit in the hand. I think I might rather clean it up off the floor after than catch it!

arm - Hope you're not getting sick, but if so, you're right that it's better to get it over with. Last winter I got really sick 3-4 weeks before both my HMs, which sucked, but I guess it was well-timed, since I was healthy for race day. So cute about L singing at top volume! Wow, three family rooms is a lot. Your plan sounds a lot more useful!

zorbs - We have two CCs in MA but this new one is not in MA. It is near the superstore so I thought I might as well take S to the opening since I need groceries anyway.

eh - The new community centre is actually a 20 minute drive, so I won't be going there often since we have two centres within walking distance. But since they're doing an opening event, I thought it would be fun to check out. Major bummer that your SIL couldn't see a midwife in AL, but it sounds like things turned out well. I burst out laughing at the OB asking if not getting an epidural is a Canadian thing - what a bizarre thing to say!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - I always get the impression that interventions are much more common in the US, most DR's here wouldn't even allow you to schedule an induction without medical cause.  LOL at the epidural - yup us Canadians like pain Smile

zorbs - weird on the sausage toes... I can wear mine for ages and have never noticed any sausage toes.

arm - glad you felt good on your run, hope the sick feeling passes quickly.  M did the singing thing in bed A LOT.

spike - I totally forgot everything from M and now am forgetting when/what O has done also.  Ewww on the puke!  I agree on the hours in the day.

becky - ugh on the hot and cold kiddo.  This past weekend I was wondering how in hell I had the strength to put up with M for an entire year.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

ernie - SIL said the hospital was much cleaner and much more organized than the birthing centre was.  I remember her saying that when they walked into the birthing centre it is was chaos and there was bloody sheets in hallways.  I think it kind of scared her!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Hmmm. My friend cancelled on me for dinner tomorrow. I don't want to go to the work dinner thing, so now I need to figure out what I want to do instead. I thought about cancelling the hotel reservation and just driving up Friday morning, but mama needs a night to herself.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - What city are you going to?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

RR: 7m - 3m of warm up, 3m of hill sprints at race pace and cool down. Legs were completely toast after 4th. But worked through it. Coach picked out a xcountry race she wants me to try in Nov. Yikes. Did prehab and abs yesterday with ankle weight and can definitely feel it i my tummy. Then at 6.30 I went to yoga and it was the 'how far can you lift/twist/wrap yourself around yourself and then lift yourself up on your hands' type. I learned that I can actually still do the splits which is amazing. I could hold my own but there were a lot of thing I couldn't do, like balance on my arms in lotus. That was my first yoga class ever but the guy was super easy to follow which helped. And there were a lot of guys in the room too so I guess they like it for strength.

NRR: went to a pumpkin patch yesterday and we had a trailer ride round the farm which DS adored and was pointing out all the displays and scarecrows, animals, hay maze, toddler town etc. We spent about 2 hours there. It was great fun.

TR: wants to scoot everywhere on his scooter. When I said we were going to lie down for a nap, I went into his room and he had parked his scooter on his bed. It was hilarious and I had to take a picture.

FR: eating baked tilapia, steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes. There's a theme here. Might make the boys homemade amoeba cheese pizza for dinner.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - What city are you going to?

Spokane. 2 hour drive. 3rd largest city in WA.  I might go track down REI or Trader Joe's or look at furniture or light fixtures or something and just grab something fast to eat. I had picked out a nice restaurant to go to, but its not the same going by yourself.

BermyHorse

Rg – boo on not seeing DH so much. Yay on your parents going to Hawaii! Have you decided to train for a marathon now after all or just keep your mileage up?

Zorbs – enlighten me on the benefits of yoga and running please? Does it help?

Eh – do you have baby fever?

Spike – You inspired me for my bermycoach’s birthday gift. I got her a book on making modern/funky handbags and will get her some cool fabric that she can’t get in bermy. Well done on catching throw up. Annoying not to be able to be in your own home this weekend – what happens if it is raining?

Cx2 – I am sorry you are going through such a rough patch. Hugs x

Ernie – yay on your tempo – sounds like a lovely pace clipping along! Enjoy your evening out to the new community centre.

Stroller – yay for seeing DH again soon! Sounds lovely.

Becky – your description of the dream and the battle is SO accurate. Some days I think ‘what on earth was I complaining about – this is effortless mothering’ and other days I want to bury my head in the garden. Laughing at Dillon – at least you are making friends!!

Arm – tell me your making friends secrets! And I am so impressed that you are right on top of the builder thing and your house remodeling. Are you on taper now?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Bermy - The benefits are that with properly chosen poses, muscles that are tight get stretched and muscles that are weak get strengthened. A good yoga for runners class has a lot of hip/core and less on super pretzel, arm balances, that sort of thing.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

zorbs - I figured. This was pot luck as I googled the description but it was so vague. Plus the only time I can go on their schedule.