Womens Running

Planning Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Planning. I started with an easy plan...the grocery list.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, superb work on the marathon.

Wednesday I did 45 minutes of cardio. When I miss a Tylenol dose the foot tends to get cranky. I’ve got to be more good about remembering to take it on time.

Getting off early today and going to grocery before starting my crockpot beef vegetable soup.

Cardio at home I think for today.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

2 outdoor miles last night after work, 2 this am on the TM.  I am so happy the days are becoming 'a little' longer.  Time change is in 6 weeks or so

Karen - how exciting about the move, it will be here soon!

Damaris - great news about your DH!

Carol - have fun at Snowman, I did the 10k there a couple of years ago.

Hi Lisa, Ginny, Camille, Sue, Tessa, Marjorie, Gatsby....everyone

Bikerchick1

Judy - Sorry your foot is still being cranky Sad

LCruns - It is nice to have it lighter out isn't it!  Roads are reported "snow, covered and slippery" for the Snowman...oh well, it is winter.  Am really using it for a LR....and getting a bagel/coffee/hoodie/glass at the end...LOL.

Damarias - Great news on your DH's PSA!

Lisa - I have read things on Phil Maffetone before....I went back and researched it after you posted about it.  Will be curious to see how the 2 week test goes for you.

I forgot my DH had a fitbit (one of the small ones that measures steps, he (of course) isn't using it, so he set it up for me.  I was like a crazy woman trying to get 10,000 steps in yesterday.  That included 40 minutes on the TM!

Cycle/Yoga tonight.

Carol

ginnyb

4 TM miles again this morning.  I felt sluggish though, the legs didn't have it this morning.

Lisa....I guess I did not realize that you were going to try the maffetone 2 week test.  I read about it too.  Back in the 70's I did the Dr. Atkins diet ( I know maffetone is not a diet)  but it was pretty similar.  I did lose a lot of weight, but I never seemed to lose the carbohydrate craving.  I should do it too, but right now it seems like too much work, I think I do have a carb problem, I had several of the symptoms that he mentioned.

Judy...good morning and don't forget to take you tylenol!

LC.   I bet it felt good to run outside.  I keep hoping I can do that this weekend...we will see how the weather cooperates.

Carol...it is hard to get in 10,000 steps.  Last year, at work, we kind of a fitness challenge and we all wore pedometers for about 6 weeks.  I didn't always get the 10,000 even with running.  I am thinking of buying a fitbit.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  8 miles done this morning with 4 faster than MP (ouch).  Pilates and extra miles with hubby tonight.  Thanks for the well wishes.  Not sure if we are going to name the nodule, but good idea.

Judy, that crockpot meal sounds yummy.

LC Runs, nice job on the two runs.

Carol, enjoy the cycle/yoga.

Ginny, nice 4.

Damaris

Hi! Spin class was packed!  I got the last bike (out of 15--one is broken).

Yes, Tessa--she is a well known quilt designer/teacher.  I am about half way through her latest mystery quilt.  You get the next set of instructions each week and find out at the end what it looks like.  I was less than thrilled, so I will assemble mine differently.

BF has a cold.  I am trying to stay away from him so I don't catch it.  Convinced him to stay home so he doesn't infect everyone.  Sadie the foster dog is thrilled to have him laying on the sofa at snout height and keeps sneaking cold wet kisses to make him feel better.  lol.

Judy--I have my grocery list going too.  We are out of everything!!

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dealing with work stuff so been on phone since early morning. The measles stuff in CA is now impacting our clinics. We have the Disney contract for therapy and athletic training. None of our staff is sick (and hopefully won't be). but cast is so we need to calm fears etc.

media is going a bit nuts on it. So, before our staff gets panic stricken we have to reassure. Hoping none of our staff becomes Ill. the trainers work with tons of cast members every day so they were exposed. At least I've been able to pass this off to my counterpart that has CA. Still......

i was able to run 3.4 now at airport.

Marjorie

ginnyb

I hope I don't offend anyone, but why don't parents immunize their children?  Just a small percentage, I am sure, but why?????

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Very quick post before meetings start. GatsbyBird and I had a lovely run along the Embarcadero last night. Very crowded with runners, bicyclists, and others. Nice view of the Bay Bridge too. Then we had dinner and enjoyed it. I am probalby going to blast everyone with garlic this morning though.

Later...

Did my fake hill workout this morning.  Jogged a mile then set it at 13% incline and walked 1.5 miles in 30 minutes (hopefully I can get that walking speed up but this was first time doing this on TM so cutting myself slack) then another .5 mile jog.  Totally blew any 129 HR goal though.

Judy-remember your Tylenol!

Laura-wtg for getting outside to run!

Carol-ha on picturing you trying to get 10k steps in.  I have in place image going on.

Ginny-4 miles is 4 miles.  WTG! I don't get the no vaccination thing either.

Damaris-Just don't name it after me.  And this conversation could go downhill really fast.

Sue-at some point you must be able to figure out the pattern on a mystery quilt, right? why is it a mystery?

Marjorie-have fun wagging the tail of that dog!

Tessa-so that's what I smell here in Michigan.  LOL

Yes, went ahead and am doing the 2 week Maffetone test.  Couple of reasons... first, I don't really think I have a problem with carbs so kind of wanted to see if there was a difference in the way I felt.  Started on Monday and as of Thursday I honestly don't feel any different. Am loving the ability to eat good cheese, good nut butter, nuts, avocados, eggs at will, and put heavy cream into my coffee.  Secondly, I figured that this would somewhat work like a quickstart sort of thing to put refined carb eating in its place.  After just 3 days of not eating them I really can't say that I crave them. There are cupcakes on credenza in front of me and I'm fine.  I do miss fruit though.    For me to say "I'm going to cut back on them" without an "event" of some form doesn't work.  This is working so far as an event to do it for. I guess I'm a good plan follower when it comes to stuff like this.

Maybe outcome will be that I can feel the difference from refined carbs so know the effect they have beyond the vague and intangible "they aren't good for you" one.   If I lose some weight fine but main goal is to improve run performance in some way.  Can't see it hurting.

I am somewhat surprised that I'm not missing the food for itself.  I'm quickly seeing and realizing how situational and emotional it is.  Morning-cereal.  Something good happens-cupcake to celebrate.  Alone in house-eat something that I don't want others to see me eat.  Those are where and when the "cravings" have popped up so far.  And after eating wanting a mint or something sweet to seal the meal.  Interesting.  Run buddy said that she was really tired the first week.  not me.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hope I don't offend anyone, but why don't parents immunize their children?  Just a small percentage, I am sure, but why?????

Ginny

The anti vaccination movement has gotten traction in certain people.  The amount of parents not immunizing their kids has increased a lot and the amount of outbreaks from previously eradicated illnesses has increased.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Damaris

Very quick post before meetings start. GatsbyBird and I had a lovely run along the Embarcadero last night. Very crowded with runners, bicyclists, and others. Nice view of the Bay Bridge too. Then we had dinner and enjoyed it. I am probalby going to blast everyone with garlic this morning though.

Later...

So glad that we could meet up for a run and dinner!  Will post a pic when I'm home tonight.

But between those seasoned fries and the cloves of garlic floating around in my linguine (which I'm finishing for lunch BTW), the two of us are keeping SF well safe from vampires.

Hello to all!  Be back later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yum garlic....

Tessa if you haven't gotten word Charleston was .1918 long. Not terribly off.  They are waiting on BAA if the will accept adjusted time for those needing BQ. For others the times should be posted now on adjusted time.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Carol - Hackett's races have such cool swag, have fun!

Ginny - I hope you are able to get outside.  My Yak Trax work really well on packed snow, so I try and get out when I have available daylight.  Every week it gets a bit better!

Damaris - nice pace!

Sue - hope you don't get sick.  Luckily, no one caught my nasty head cold (at least yet)

Marjorie - ugh, hadn't heard about the measles outbreak.  Michigan had a whooping cough outbreak a few months ago.  I actually had to take my 17 year old to get her DTAP last night as we found out if was 7 years overdue, yikes!!  Took her to a new doctor a few weeks ago and they discovered it through the state database.  Not sure what happened, I have always taken my kids in for shots and boosters.

Tessa and Gatsby- sounds like a nice run last night!

Lisa - I don't eat many sweets but I love fruit!  Good job on limiting that stuff