Womens Running

Frozen Friday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

I'm probably not going out there until tomorrow. Maybe a kettlebell workout inside today. 12, feels like -3 here, so nothing like what's going on up north, but plenty cold here.

Taking the trash can down to the curb was the extent of how far I'm willing to go outside.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! It's -9F with -36 for windchills right now. WFH today. I have 5 later. Although I didn't sleep well because my boss didn't text last night and I was worried about making up an excuse not to go because I wasn't going to go, lol! He forgot me as the calendar still showed my old AWS schedule but he emailed at 6am to WFH.

Anyway, we barely got snow. We probably did but it blew away.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Taking the trash can down to the curb was the extent of how far I'm willing to go outside.

We didn't put ours out and it seems Republic has an alert that services might not be available. Some people did put theirs out, silly.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

OH HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is cold.  I grew up in weather like this, and don't miss it one damned bit.  WOW.

Got home around 1:30am, wrapped the pipes with towels and went to bed with a prayer, still praying.

Glad to be back, minus the subarctic temps.  I love my pets, but damn, a king bed all to myself for a month was heavenly, I moved when and where I wanted, not constricted by dogs and kitty.  Though I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Anyone who thinks this lazy ass, who barely exercises to begin with, is going out in this weather is nutty.  It's 15 out.  MAYBE when it warms.

Karen, I am with you on not going out. I AM going to Starbucks when the car warms up, no milk.  Later grocery store, late lunch with friends, and Christmas Eve/Day with friends.

Damaris, still loving the cold??  Don't miss the Miami temps even a little these few days??  How is DH??

Happy FREEZING Friday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't miss Miami at all. House is warm and outside is gorgeously white. Hubby is back to normal, so I guess it was food poisoning or a short virus.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

This noon I did a 30+ minute cardio workout in my own space. It gets too cold down on the TM. I've done light easy trots for about an hour several times this week.

It is 0°F here with a ghastly wind chill of -26° F.. I don't know how the sparrows do it, but they can fly strongly into the wind. Remarkable creatures. Wind is constant, snow isn't as many inches but keeps recovering places that were plowed. DC and I are staying at home. How will a football game go when tomorrow's temps are to be 7°F.? Temps are not going up much tomorrow or Christmas and there will be more snow. That big blob of snow keeps circling down on us.

KATS, I'm glad you had a good trip and got back safely.

Karen, it seems so weird with y'all in TX getting the low temps.

Damaris, great that your boss was ok with WFH, but I can't imagine otherwise.  Good that your DH is better.

Lori, you must have this lousy weather now. Hope you escape most of it.

HCK 2.0, hope you got off early yesterday. Did you get rain from this?

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Crazy weather tody. It was 45 and rainy when I went to the dentist at 8am. Got home around 8:45, shortly after I glanced outside and it was pouring with snow mixed in.Then there was thunder. Now it's 12. 6 on the treadmill and upp body.

AnonymousGuest, that's cold.

Docket, could you have still used Mr Docket as the reason to need wfh?

KatS, glad you had a great trip.

Judyruns, lots and lots of rain here. There were flood watches and warnings.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, I was going to say I had caught what he had if needed, ha. I could've said it wasn't safe to drive to downtown, but I was chicken, ha.

Damaris