Womens Running

Hurry up THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Damaris had it right yesterday - this week is lasting forever!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Told you so!

I felt like shit last night. My work husband has a man-cold and I already warned him not to give it to me, lol. But I had some airborne at work and then felt like crap by the time I went home. I was surprised I did the full 8 miles and they were OK. I've had this happen to me before whenever I drink Vit C stuff (chest congestion, etc.), so not taking any today.

I feel much better today and I have 7.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me. I did 4x 600m.

Good run! Felt weird because it was getting light out at 5:30am. I can't believe daylight savings is already this weekend. Anyway, run went well and I was pretty fast on the intervals. Lots on my mind.

You ladies are so sweet - thank you SO much for the kind words yesterday. His cardiologist said the Vascular Surgeon would be calling him either yesterday or today. He didn't call yesterday so hopefully something today. He also advised that he take the first available appointment. Goal would be to get in before the weekend. He is having some bad anxiety about it - he said sorry to me for causing more stress and said he still wants me to live in our house if he doesn't make it. Breaks my heart he is even saying that...

My car was broken into last night. Sigh. My own fault..I am sure I left it unlocked. Unfortunately for them, I don't keep anything in my car other than dog treats. I am sure they were disappointed.

I am covering someone's portfolio at work starting today until the 16th..I am sure its going to be a busy 7 days! Which is probably better right now!

Carol – Ditch those people and come with us instead! LOL. Totally kidding. Kinda. I think we need another epic FE!!

Judy – Nice running yesterday! I wouldn’t worry too much about the coronavirus just yet…

Laura – Nice run yesterday! I hope you were able to get a good night sleep. Oh wow, do you think they will cancel the study abroad trip for DD?!

Run4kupcakes – Tell those legs to get it together! Are you feeling 100% yet?

On the brightside, I did get a very nice bonus and a raise at work. Nice to know we are appreciated! I also received a very nice award this morning from one of my tech's. What would be EVEN BETTER than all of that would be the renewal on our contract!

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awww, I am sure it's very stressful for him and you. Hoping he hears from the surgeon soon.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday I finally got most of our rosebushes trimmed way back. Should have done it a month ago, but honestly, if these damn things die because I waited too long, I'm okay with it. Because now I sit here with a bunch of tiny cuts (yes, I wore gloves, but still) and extremely itchy from when I accidentally bothered a nest of fire ants and got stung all over my ankles and feet, plus one spot on my forearm most likely when I was brushing them off, taking off my shoes and socks, and then my pants as I went running/dancing to the back door. I'm sure that security camera footage is entertaining. I called it a day after that. Still have one bush to cut back, plus pick up the limbs from the last few I did yesterday. And kill a bunch of f-ing fire ants. I do not understand people that enjoy gardening as a hobby.

I was thinking of doing my tempo run today to get it over with (it's on the schedule tomorrow), but with the itching, the tiny cut on the bottom of one of my feet, and the aches from all the bending over yesterday, I'm just going to do the 8 miles on my schedule and save the tempo for tomorrow.

DH comes home from Chicago tonight! We miss him, although it's been nice not having to cook dinner.

Carol, tell your friends that your other friends have plans for you that weekend so they need to step up and make a decision. And hopefully it's not the weekend of Lakefront!

Liz, congrats on the bonus and raise!! Poor HCDH, I bet his anxiety is through the roof (and yours too). I wish the first doctor would at least say something like "this is what we saw that might be concerning" or something like that.

Damaris, glad the run went okay and you're feeling better.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yes, this week is going super slow.  I did not feel like getting up early this morning to run on the TM, so I will try to scoot out of work a little early and run this afternoon!  Relaxing birthday evening - nice dinner with the kids, the ex-in laws stopped by, and yoga.  Thank you for the bday wishes!  

Liz, I have been thinking of you and HCDH.  I don't blame him (or you) for the anxiety.  Hugs to both of you!!  Awesome run this morning!  You probably had a lot of anxiety to run out.  There is so much going on for you right now!  That sucks about your car!  Glad there was nothing of value in there.  Congrats on the bonus and raise!

Damaris, nice 8.  I hope you don't get sick!  Lots of stuff going around.  Maybe it's time to quarantine myself in my home...   Enjoy the 7.

Kupcakes, rest those legs!  

Laura, nice TM miles!  Hope your training day wasn't too painful.  

Carol, hope your friends make up their mind about the hike!  It sounds like you need to steer them away from that Oct date.  

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish I can WFH for weeks until flu and coronavirus seasons are done!

Cathy, good luck with the run later.

Karen, ouch. Those cuts would be something I would do if I garden.

Talking about plants, I bought two pails with seeds at Menard's for roses and daisies (my two favorite flowers). When should I start them? Spring? Now?

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Should have waited one more day. American seems to be having a fire sale on flights to Boston for race weekend. $200 r/t. I of course looked about an hour past the 24-hour-free-cancellation timeframe that United has.

But then I just went to my Untied reservation, and it said I could still cancel and get a full refund under their "flexible 24 hour" policy. So I did and just booked an American flight. I have to change planes in Charlotte, but have plenty of time and my arrival and departure times are actually better. And $209 is much better than the $465 I was willing to pay yesterday. Plus American basic economy allows a personal item and carry on while United just allows one personal item.

Cathy, after yesterday's super early run, I don't blame you for sleeping in and waiting until tonight to run! Glad you had a nice birthday, sounds fun.

MTA: Delta and American both. Just did a quick google flights search from Richmond to Boston, seeing flights between $167 and $175 r/t.

Also, I need to talk to my sister. Flights from here to Seattle r/t for the weekend we're thinking of heading out there in May are $161 r/t.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That was a good deal! Now if only the race does not get canceled, you should be good.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, big hugs and positive thoughts for you and DH.  I'm sure all will be OK.

Karen, look into seeing if there is waived changed fee.  Some airlines are honoring it.

I will catch up personals later.

Sooooo, me.  My trip to Israel is routed through Paris.  And now Israel has banned all travelers from France and several other countries.  So, not quite panic, but definitely needed to figure it out ASAP.  Called Delta, and there was a GREATER than FOUR hour wait, but I got put in the queue for call back.  At 2:15am I got the call.  Luckily there were able to change my flight and I am now going through JFK.  NO change fee and I actually got a $114 credit towards a future flight!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - so much stress for you and HCDH.  Makes my heart sad that he is thinking that way...hoping he gets his apt ASAP to get ? Answered!

Karen - Ouch on the rose bush attack!!!

Damarias - Glad you are feeling better today!

Cathy - Glad you had a nice b’day!  Do not blame you for not getting up at 3 am.

Kat - Glad everything worked out ok for your trip!

About Milwaukee we had a group message going last night, still no f’ing date. We are supposed to meet up next week, so that will be my deadline for them! 

RD for me - except for groceries, cleaning, etc., 

Carol

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Here is one of my new tumblers.  I was brain farting on how to post it earlier...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is so pretty!

Damaris

Seloc

Kat - what a beautiful tumbler!  So glad your trip worked out.  Are you nervous to fly at all?  It's weird to me that people are freaking out so bad.  I mean, sure, I don't want to get sick and this does seem to be quite contagious but good golly.

Carol - you make me laugh.  Kinda had to come outta hiding to tell you that.  I wish I lived closer so we could run and hang out together.  You would get me to the gym for sure.  Frustrating on your friends lack of picking a date!!  ANY time you get a group together - even to pick a freakin dinner or happy hour - seems to take forEVER in my world.  Nice job keeping up with all the workouts in this dreadful season!!  That is some serious XT today!!

Karen - gosh, Boston is getting close!!  You've been killing the workouts!!  Glad you were able to get the cheap flight.  Sorry for the rosebush and fire ant attack.  Sounds brutal.  I am looking forward to some semblance of yard work though I would not EVER call myself a gardener.

Damaris - I'm with you - wish I could WFH until flu/cold season is over.  Especially since I have to fingerprint into my office and the restrooms are outside.  Grossssssssssss.  Hope you are feeling better today!  No idea about when to plant what.  That's something I ask the Google.

Cathy - so glad you had such a nice birthday!  Dayam that was an EARLY wake-up and KILLER workout yesterday!  Good plan on sleeping in today - hope you can get out there after work.  Hope you are getting some of these milder temps!!  And slow week indeed.  I was ready for it to be Friday yesterday.

Liz - so sorry about the DH scare.  Hopefully (super fingers crossed and good vibes sent) that it is more precautionary.  But, dang, why couldn't they give you and inkling...  How has he been feeling?  Still going to the gym?  Horrible that he is even thinking like that at his age!! Great training cycle you have been having.  Hopefully it will be nice and cold for your race.  Let me know what you think of the UCan.

For me?  Eh, just livin' the dream.  Yeah, that's being sarcastic.  Work has been pretty awful.  I've never worked so many hours in my life and still can't get caught up.  And, no, I don't bill those hours so that means I have taken a SIGNIFICANT hourly wage cut even though i  do get paid a salary.  Temps have been decent in these parts and we haven't had any significant snow for a couple weeks but there is till plenty on the ground.  Makes it SUPER challenging with all the icy re-freeze spots.  This morning was the first day there were more puddles than ice.  But, not for long.  Snow squall coming this afternoon.  Oh, I guess I do have a couple new things - 1. I'm volunteering with Girls On The Run this spring and 2. I have been approved as a dog foster and my first will be here in a couple few weeks.  Glad you are all well.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Talking about plants, I bought two pails with seeds at Menard's for roses and daisies (my two favorite flowers). When should I start them? Spring? Now?

Don't quote me on this...   I believe you start plants from seeds 6 weeks before the last frost date for your area.  For us, the last frost date is mid May.  I am guessing it is a little earlier for you.  I generally don't plant anything outside until Memorial Day!  

Karen, wow, sounds like you had a real adventure gardening!    I see that there is a 10 mile mixed pace run on my schedule for Saturday.  That will be tough!  And then a couple speedwork days and a 10K next weekend.  That I am actually supposed to race... that seems like a lot... I may tone it down a little.  I don't know if my old body can take all that.  

Kat, beautiful tumbler!  I'm glad you got your flight figured out.

Sandy, nice to hear from you on here!  Sorry that work has been so bad.  That is good news about the dog fostering!  You are in for some good times...