Womens Running

Take Two, Tipsy Thursdaily!!! (Read 13 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Nice afternoon, mellow day in Chiang Mai.  Excellent massage a few hours ago.  Now sitting by the pool having nearly killed a bottle of wine.  Probably an early evening.  Early start tomorrow, 7:30 for a rickshaw ride around town.   Then ANOTHER massage at 4pm.  (I booked a package that had all sorts of stuff to it, including massages.).  Today was a regular, tomorrow is a deluxe with aromatherapy oils and hot stones.  Today was FAB.  Overall, kind of relaxing here.  I am sure there is much more to do, but I’m feeling quiet.  Got a few things for friends at a local store, nothing big as my luggage is at the limit for local airlines.  Bangkok will be another story, I have more weight allowed.  One of the guys from the tour got dinged for $100 for overweight fee coming to Thailand.  Delta on the way home isn’t as strict.

Hope you’re all well.  Thinking of you lovely ladies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Shortly about weather situation in Baltics: https://twitter.com/bbcweather/status/1602659380956102658

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Kathryn, that sounds wonderful.

Elina, that clip is crazy.

I am trying to motivate myself to get out the door for a little run this afternoon. Cold and windy and now snow flurries. Sigh.

Nice time so far hanging with my mom. We've been figuring out her online banking and getting into some accounts and changing stuff over to her online. And running errands. I keep forgetting how close to Christmas it is - I guess my niece gets into town for the holidays tomorrow. I didn't realize I'd get to see her again, so bonus for me! In "my brother's wife is awful" news, none of us even thought to tell him I was coming to town because she never wants to have anything to do with us, due to grudges she holds from years ago, for things we didn't even realize upset her. Mom said she'll text him and let him know, but I don't know if I'll even see him while I'm here. Sad.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

The winter storm that was anticipated only turned out as rain. And not much at that.  Further north they are getting the freezing rain and snow. I'm definitely in the Banana Belt. It's dreary outside but 7C. I ran 5 miles on the trails. We're definitely in midst of a drought. All the marshes and ponds are empty. So sad. Global warming is real.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was so busy so we ran after I stopped working in the dark. 5.5 and I lifted.

We are getting cold weather next week. Lows some days are 0F and 4F, lol.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Slept in this morning since there was a 2 hour delay for ice. Nothing too bad, most of the schools had a delay announced last night and would re-evaluate in the morning. By the time I left the house, it was just a cold rain. 30 minutes on the treadmill after work.

KatS, hope you enjoyed the massage. Relaxing is good. Sometimes heavily scheduled vacations make you feel like you need another one afterwards.

Kilmisters, that is a crazy amount of snow. I don't know the weather patterns there, but is there such a thing a sea-effect snow? Here there is something called lake effect snow, seems to really get the Buffalo, NY area. Basically the lake provides moisture and the areas west get hammered (just recently had 6 feet of snow ni one storm).

AnonymousGuest, I can deal with cold, but add the wind and I ten to resort to the treadmill.

BerthaSlayer, here we ted to get true winter every 6 or 7 years. Unfortunately, this year could be the year based on past history.

Docket, ugh, that's cold.