Womens Running

Thinking Of Thursday (Over 40) (Read 222 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I went home after work and did the march-walk-run cardio DVD for 60 minutes. The Ghosts worked fairly well for that kind of XT.

Today will be a track run after a grocery stop for salad mix. <rant> That stuff does not last long at all. I am going to try buying some from another store on Saturday. Surely this stuff can last longer than it does now. It can have a week’s date and start to get bad two days later. Geeze! Roll eyes </rant>

Happy runs, All!  :::hugs:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

No run for this morning.  Ijust finished watching "Nashville"  I tape it the night before since 10 is too late for me to stay up.

LisaMarie...most of the ladies have been posting on here longer than 4 years.  I started posting when I needed advice about running distances longer than 6 miles.  Now these ladies have coerced me into running one marathon and about 15 halfs!  You know I can't believe that, 15 halfs now, it might be more I am starting to lose count.

In service today....ugh!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Welcome Disney freak.  Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good Morning. It is a little frosty here for my 10 miles! Hammy is all better though so that is good. Very relieved. No pain meds since yesterday 6 am. And, we found he only took half the pill. Found half of his pain pill on the floor last night so guess he thought he didn't need it. Silly doggy

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!  I'm having my morning coffee and am only planning to do a mile for the xmas streak today.

Lisa Marie, when in doubt, I walk.  It's always a safe bet and burns off a few calories.

Lisa, meant to tell you I also love those donut socks! Hope you're enjoying Chicago.

Jules, great pic of you and hubby! Congrats!   I'm probably going to get a Hotwire room near the airport since DD is coming in late evening.  Maybe we could meet at the airport and have coffee there or near there.  I can do Lenox if you'd prefer.   I totally understand that you don't want to do Brasstown.  I sometimes wonder what is wrong with me that I'm attracted to those type events. Smile

Marjorie, I'm glad Hammy is better!

Have a great day, everyone!

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Up and out for 6.1 frosty miles!

Judy - I am thinking of getting a new workout DVD, maybe Zumba Core - I think my oldest DD would do it with me.  I  get so aggravated with produce that is sold, I bought grapes last week, small amount that cost almost $4.00 (which was dumb on my part) and they were gross and mushy, had to throw them away.

Ginny - I need to record that show, have been wanting to watch it and I rarely stay up past 10 oclock, either.

Hi Lisa Marie!

Marjorie - I missed what happened to Hammy but glad he is doing better!

Hi Camille - I did a running streak between Memorial Day and July 4th, should have tried one during the holidays, as well, but I've already missed 2 days lol.  Guess I could start today Smile

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!

I'm still smiling about my indoor track run with my running buddy last night.  I'm going to take my gps with me next time to see if it will register the laps.  I totally lost count after the first 10 minutes or so.  

I may go run again today.  I have a race on Saturday, so I know I won't run tomorrow.  

Lisa Marie - I am a new runner, and certainly no expert.  I do not run the day before a race.  It is nice to have fresh legs for a race.  I'm sure that there are very experienced runners in the group that have a different take on it.  Whatever the case... I wish you the best!  woo hoo!

Judy - thanks for the report on the Ghosts.   Sorry about the salad mix.  It might be worth your while to get the "fresh" baggies that are supposed to keep veggies fresher, longer.  

Ginny - that's SO cool.... 15 halfs!  

Marjorie - hearing about the pill on the floor just makes me chuckle about pill drama with my dog.  She has figured out every single trick.  So, now it's just  pry open the teeth and put it in the back of her throat.  yuck.   I'm glad Hammy is feeling better.

Camille - Which night will you be near the airport?   The airport is exactly 30 minutes from my family's home.  So, that would be an excellent place to find a spot to chat!  There are lots of places around there that we could meet.  I would love it!

i'm taking the morning off.  I have a bad cold and just need to take a break and exercise a little self-care.  

be well

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

katepups1970

Good Morning!

I very seldom posted but read several of the womens forums (including 'over 40'!)  at Runners World.  I plan to start posting here more often!

Due to the problems with the RW forum I missed the sad news about Karnel.  What happened?

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Good morning!

Worked until very late last night and was planning on sleeping in until DH reminded me that I promised to order flowers for MIL bday todaySurprised  He's right, I did promise--flowers ordered and now wide awakeShocked  I see a nap in my future; however!  Realized when I got home yesterday that RB#1 shirt for HM on Sat was wrong size.  Poor me--have to go back to LRS--should leave wallet at home!!

Judy--I have the same problem with salad mix--hope you have better luck this time.  WTG on the XT

Marjorie--Glad Hammy is feeling better!  Nice 10 miles!!

Ginny--WOW--those races are really adding upBig grin  Losing count is a good thing LOL!   WTG--this is an inspiring group for sure

Camille--Having morning coffee with ya!  This was DB#3 wedding favor and I love it--something unique and useful!  Way to keep the streak goingSmile

morning java

LCRuns--Nice job on the 6+ miles

Julie--So nice to hear that the track run and RB were a win-win!  I use my Garmin on indoor mode and hit lap button every mile(it keeps me semi-engaged on the DM)   I know my mind loves to wander on the track! Love that race bug!!  Smart to rest--you will be grateful for it come race day--feel better soon!  LOL-- in my 2nd HM I had double knotted my shoes and they still untied--wasn't as upset then as I was last year LOL!  Won't happen again, that I assure you and if I can keep it from happening to other running buddies I'll be thrilled!

Tessa--I think you laughing on DM is better than me singing out loud LMAO!!  What are you reading?  I have never read anything by her--what do you recommend? PS... Can we have just a tiny little bit of your rain??  Starting to be rather dry here!!  Hope you had a nice run this am on little sleep!!

Lisa-Marie--I tried like H*^L to check out evening posts yesterday, but work got me!!  If i don't respond at night, can certainly see your posts first thing in the am!  Great to have you here no matter what time it is!!Big grin  Sometimes you just have to give in to rest--smart move taking it easy for 1 day!!  Think your plan looks great and the wise thing is to not overdo it--nothing wrong with just taking what it'll give ya on that day!  Bungee laces are elastic laces that, once set, don't need to be tied and allow you to slip your shoes on and off.  I believe they started for triathletes to lower their transition time; however, they work for silly runners like me.  Most running stores carry them.  The real trick is to make sure you don't tie them too tight--easy to do because they feel comfy until you start running.  Love the new avatar--great pic of you 2 Smile

Off to exchange race day shirt then nap, then back to work--losing count of the days!  SRD for me and I'm gonna take it!

Have a great dayCool

Julia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linda

Good morning ladies:

I did 5 in the neighborhood this morning.  My right knee completely buckeled on a steep downhill.  I thought it would hurt all day, but I seem to fine (knock on wood).

Off to work.

Linda

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

ajdx5

Well, I ran 4 yesterday afternoon. Lovely, sunny, 54* & even pace - 10, 9:56, 10:03 & 9:56 - last time I was even close to that was mid August.  It required effort tho  :mutmad: - so I came home and ate enough for 3 people, and killed 1/2 a bottle of wine.  :blush:  truly tho - it felt good to work again & my feet really didnt' bother me much.  I still have twinges, but not really pain, so I'm going to keep running a bit, 3 times a week.  MY orthotics were supposed to be in yesterday, they weren't, so I was ticked & I think that fueled my pace a bit.

got up this am & went to the gym - a lovely coughing fit woke me - and got in 35 on the elliptical & a couple of leg exercises before I had to shoot home to take #1 to school.

wow Ginny - 15 halfs!!  Nice!!!

Marjorie - <3 for Hammy... how's your hubby?  Last time I checked in, he was sick.

LInda - good vibes to your knee - coming off of a months long layoff for an injury, I have a new sympathy for injured runners - here's to hoping you stay off that list!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Never got on yesterday. After a frustrating day at work (have I mentioned that my boss is an idiot lately?), I just needed some time away from the computer screen. I did read yesterday's posts this morning, but I already can't remember much to respond...does working and dealing with stupid all the time make you stupid?

I finally got my Garmin data imported into the log here. I couldn't find out how to do it anywhere - the thread in the Beginner's user group addressed Garmins, and Garmin Training Center, but not Garmin Connect. I finally bit the bullet and just asked the question. Apparently the way to do it is still in testing, so there is a secret way to get there.

Lisa Marie, I think most of us check the day before's post in the morning, so don't worry about it being late when you post. We'll still see it. I would probably take the day off from running before your race. For me, if it's a goal race I'll take two days off completely before the race. Generally I'll take the day before off, although I might go for a bike ride instead that day. And sometimes I'll race two days in a row.......I just like racing.

Marjorie, glad Hammy is doing better.

Judy, frustrating on the salad mix. I hate that. I've actually found I get some of the best produce at Sam's Club. It's out of the way though, and I only get there once a week at most. In between I deal with my local grocery store, and their stuff is horrible. 

Ginny, I think I started posting around the same time as you. Keep forgetting to talk to DH about a trip to Ohio. I saw the entry fee goes up on that half Dec. 1 I think, so I better get on that! I'm thinking of taking the week off between Christmas and New Years, and I want to be selfish and stay home and not go to the in-laws. So a trip back in mid-December would probably help my case there.

camille, good morning! Very cool that you and Julie might get to meet up.

Laura, nice 6.1 this morning. It is so cold here in the morning I can't even imagine running in the morning in Michigan. You are one tough chick!

Julie, so glad the indoor track and the new running buddy are working out! Since you're still a pretty new runner, I'll share the "whether or not to run if I'm sick" rule: If it's above the neck, go ahead. Below the neck, take a day off. 

Welcome katepups! Thanks for joining us. Karnel died in her sleep about a week and a half ago. Very sudden. She went to the doctor with flu like symptoms and also was complaining about pain in one arm. She was only 44 and has two small children. Lisa, Ginny and Susan went to the visitation on Monday. We are trying to organize a virtual run in her honor, with donations to the family for the kid's education.

Julia, what a great wedding favor. I love that! I need to take a trip to several of the LRS's around here. I have gift certificates to more than one store in DC from various 5Ks I need to spend. 

Planning on taking today and tomorrow off from running. Doing a half on Saturday and I'd like to definitely go under 1:50, want to see if I can get close to 1:45. Last year was the first year for this race, it was short (it's certified this year) and I finished in 2:07. What a difference a year makes, eh? I still can't believe I'm running the way I am. A little scary to go out as fast as I think I can run it, but a little exciting as well.

Okay, off to have discussion with boss on why an ad that says "only asphalt can be perpetual pavement" belongs in the perpetual pavement section, and not in cost effectiveness. Seriously. Yesterday co-worker (and very good friend) and I had long conversation/argument about whether boss is stupid or crazy. He's a very nice guy, and an incredible salesman, but good lord he's frustrating to work with.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oops, in the time it took for that lengthy post, including a couple work interruptions, I missed Linda and Amy.

Linda, hope the knee is fine and that was just a strange, one-time-only thing.

Amy, yay for running again!!! Honestly, with 5 kids how do you stay sane without it?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Tar Heel Mom

kween

HI, quick post here, I have my Meals on Wheels delivery today.

No run today, elliptical and some abs and upper body machines.

LisaMarie -- my name is Amy and my DS2 goes to UNC at Chapel Hill, hence I am a Tar Heel Mom. Not sure what I will re-christen myself when he graduates. (Can a Jewish girl be christened???)

Greetings to everyone else. I will check back later, though I have a big meeting at 4:30.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.