Womens Running

Too much time on my hands weekend dailies (Read 12 times)

Anyone remember Styx?  Has Damaris has seen them in concert recently or am I thinking of another '80s relic?

I'm drinking too much coffee and thinking about things I should do this weekend to be productive.  Taking a break from running sure opens up a lot of free time.  TBD whether I actually do anything useful with it.  Today I plan to do some yard work and clean the kitchen.  Tomorrow, I'm attending a 25th anniversary party (good reminder: shower!  And I'd better see if I have any appropriate shoes).  Maybe go for a short walk, somewhere farther than the mailbox would be nice.  Will see what the extensor tendons think about that idea.

MTA: go Courtney!  She’s going to be 1st place woman at UTMB! Only 4km to the finish!  What a year she’s had.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think we did as part of a main show, but don't recall for sure.

Jimmy Buffett passed away Sad

I have 10 later.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the earworm!

I decided I didn't want to do a long run today, so I didn't. 9 miles. Next week is a cutback week, I may do this weekend's long run Monday or Tuesday, which would set me up to start doing my long runs midweek and not have to worry about them when we travel the last couple weekends in September. I might also just skip it and still move my long runs for the next couple weeks.....whatever I do involves me doing laundry as I have no more clean sports bras here.

Exciting news, our new rugs are out for delivery. We try to upgrade something each year, this year we got a new mattress in the master bedroom and now new rugs downstairs. Possibly still new blinds downstairs, but that might wait until next year as we are running out of time.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Also, holy amazeballs - Courtney wins UTMB for her third major massive win this summer! She is definitely in a league of her own.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Howdy.

Got a run in yesterday, near the end was something sticking up out of the ground that I didn't see and face planted.  I literally landed nose first.  And I got running in.  The first half mile was totally running.  Good for me.

Bummer on Jimmy Buffet.

AWESOME of my girl crush Courtney.  Not a record for her, but I think Jim Walmsley set a course record, and it was the first time an American male won.  Courtney (and her mom) are running the 100K at Javelina.  Gonna try hard to see her and get some pics.

Margaret, sorry you're having to take it easy on the foot.  Yes, shower.

Damaris, enjoy your 10.

Karen, yes, laundry.  Nice on the rugs, it is the little things in life.

Back to work.  I work all weekend, including Monday.  Missing a pool party.  Sad

ETA, got into Dark Anchor.  It is a 3.35mile looped/timed course in Savannah, sold out in 25 min.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Got a run in yesterday, near the end was something sticking up out of the ground that I didn't see and face planted.  I literally landed nose first.  And I got running in.  The first half mile was totally running.  Good for me.

Kat, welcome to my world, although I usually land on my right knee.  Hope your nose is okay!  Yay for Dark Anchor!

Damaris, hope the 10 went well.

Karen, fun on the home upgrades.  Looks like your next race in November, Crossroads marathon?

NYT recently had an article on Courtney, either Friday or yesterday morning.  Cool to learn a little more about Mr. Courtney too.  I'll admit that I was a little surprised Jimmy Buffet was still alive.  And not older.

Got some chores done around the house and yard yesterday.  Doing laundry today. The pile is amazingly small and much less stinky without running clothes.  Going to an anniversary party this afternoon for a law school friend.  Also starting to make plans for our next trip... Japan in November!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Just an easy 4 for me this morning. Not a great night's sleep, then up at 5 because the people renting the next condo took their dog out at 4:30, said dog barked several times and woke up our two. One of them (don't know which one) was whining and pacing, so eventually I just gave up and came downstairs and took them out. So my legs were tired and I was dragging. Almost took a rest day. Anyway, this is the last rental scheduled if I look it up on vrbo, which is good. I shouldn't complain since we rent ours while we're not here, but I swear, that one seems to get a lot of loud, annoying renters. The people that own it are kind of loud and annoying themselves, so it's not even any better when they are up here.

Kathryn, yay on getting into Dark Anchor! Not a lot of races sell out that fast anymore, it must be a good one.

Margaret, I bet you are getting a lot accomplished lately! Japan sounds like an awesome trip. And a little more exciting than my trips in November - Kansas for a marathon and Kentucky for a wedding. Not Crossroads (I should change my signature, I guess), as it was the only weekend we could do a TX van trip, so the $5 marathon lost out to a weekend of people paying us money. But I found another marathon, also in Kansas, the weekend before. So technically in October. Just outside of KC, so I will fly into there, then after the race drive across Missouri to spend a few days with my mom before coming back home.

Damaris, hope the 10 went well. What's on tap for today?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! We went to the movies (we watched Retribution today, Equalizer 3 on Thursday) and the  I ran 4 and lifted.

My 10 were the toughest runs I've done in forever. Yet the 4 today went fine. Who the fuck understands.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, went to my parents' house. Just under 5 today with intervals. Slept in because i slept like crap (probably the coffee I got on the drive home). Didn;t get out until 10:40, which sucked since we tied a record high today.

GatbsyBird, yes, shower! I hear you on appropriate shoes. My "wardrobe" now mostly is a school logo t-shirt & jeans on the days I go into the office (with running shoes) or school logo shirt with whatever bottoms on days I wfh.

AnonymousGuest, that;s a really good idea to do an update each year. Says the person whose kitchen has not really changed in 23 years....

KatS, yay on the running, but ouch on the fall. I also catch something when I run on trails or uneven sidewalks.

Docket, I canniot make much sense of why some runns feel much better than others.