Womens Running

Tottering Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Erniegirl

RR - Supposed to do 14k with 5 x 1000s, which would be a difficult workout at the best of times, but to top it off, I have a cold. I started to feel sick during my run yesterday, and only made it through 10k before I had to pack it in because my throat was killing me and I felt dizzy running up hills. I guess I am going to head out and do what I can. If I don't run today, I probably won't have time to make it up later this week.

TR - Woke up at 2 am shouting "mommy, mommy, mommy!" When I went to her, she smiled and said "Happy birthday, Mommy!" It is not my birthday.

FR - Rigatoni with tomato cream sauce, broccoli

NRR - Sleeping all day probably isn't in the cards, so I guess I'd better plan some stuff to do to entertain the kiddo. I am supposed to be going out with friends tomorrow night so I'm hoping this cold doesn't get worse. I'm actually not feeling too bad, the only time I felt really horrible was when I was running yesterday.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD.  Slept in, obviously.

KR - insisted on seeing "the bird" (the lawn flamingo that I won as an AG award last year).  The stick was frozen in the ground but I pulled off the plastic part.  The annoying part was that he insisted it was his bird. Um no, I am the one who busted my ass at that race, it is MY bird!

FR - chicken pie, kale salad.  My hard boiled eggs turned out perfectly this week.  Which probably means next week they'll be a disaster.

NRR - have a hangover from too much anniversary bubbly.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Supposed to run 4 with a co-worker after work.  I have a feeling she is going to back out on me, and if she does, I will go by myself...and maybe do 5.

BR:  Tried squash last night.  His cheeks got all rosey and he was a little "urpy" - sign of an allergy?  Regardless...he slept until 4:30 which was awesome!  I got 6.5 hours straight of sleep.  Woo Hoo!

TR:  Still showing off his big boy undies!  I keep looking at him and can't believe he is going to be 3!  I ordered his b-day cake (cupcakes) last night since I was at the bakery anyway.

NRR:  So...we are hiring a babysitter for Friday night so DH and I can go to dinner.  We hate to ask our parents for various reasons.  One of my co-workers daughters (and a former student) might come up.  We are having her come up Thursday for a little while to meet the boys and play and then will watch them Friday.  I am most concerned about J freaking out when we leave.  I am going to ask my 8th graders what the going rate is for a babysitter.

FR:  Turkey Tacos for dinner last  night and a fresh batch of muffins.  Yum.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

ernie - I hope S naps today and you can get some down time.  I LOL'd at her comment!  That is too funny.

zorbs - Whoa...that is pretty late for you to be sleeping.  Must have needed it.

Upcoming Races: 

RR- Babysitter won't be at track, workout is 2x1600, 3x800, 2x200..DH may try to do workout early, then I will go after.

BR- Woke up at 11:30pm full on play mode, blowing raspberries, grinning...It was so funny, I just couldn't be annoyed. Got him back asleep in 5 min, and slept till 4.  His new thing is barrel rolling across the floor, and peeling apart the foam puzzle mat. But he knows mom doesn't like it when he tries to eat the foam mat..he will start to put it in his mouth, if he sees me watching he will grin and take it out of his mouth. He sleeps with a hand in the air, and over time it falls down... I am first time mom, this is all new to me, but he really cracks me up.

FR- Not sure will depend on what we do for track

Emie- Uhg,feel better, that's a tough workout.

Zorbs- yes, that is your bird! lol! Sometimes sleep is what's needed. glad you got to sleep in. Hope you had a good anniversary =)

Mer- Congrats on the Sleep!!! some nights  I think we are getting close.. We have yet to try a babysitter, so far injured runner friends have volunteered to watch K at track and at races, and that's about it.. Going rate here is $20/hr...not sure about for an 8th grader though

Rg -super cute about the counting to 20 before bed! Sounds like quite the demo project, but thats awsome about maybe being done next weekend!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - something at lunch, trying to figure out my week which leads to a wwyd? I have one big quality workout this week - 6-8x1000m cruise intervals, which will be a 10-12k run.  I'm running MLR Wed night w/ RP.

Option 1: today - I did sorta have Noro yesterday albeit very mild, so I thought I should go easy today maybe, and the paths near work are likely to be an icy mess

Option 2: Thursday - but where?  from work at lunch means possibly very icy, after work on the treadmill (blurg), I may have to fight w dh for running time in the evening so probably won't be outside before dark.

Option 3: Friday - I have the afternoon off, so could get to dryish pavement and get a good run in, but I hate to leave them until the end of the week, plus we are LR'ing on Saturday this week.

KR - slept at gmas last night, sounds like she was a good girl yesterday and so far has not caught the bug so it's good she stayed away.  DH said she was very good yesterday morning when she woke up, he had been throwing up in our bathroom and he told her she couldn't come in because he didn't want her getting sick so she played on her tablet in her room until MIL came.

TR - I dropped her at the dayhome this morning since DH is still sick, she was very sweet and cuddly and didn't want mommy to go.  Loves putting her mitts, hat and shoes on and says all those words in the cutest little voice.

FR - no idea... I have lots of meat in the fridge though so I'll figure something out, need to get the extra meat into the freezer tonight also.

NRR - last night was busy and disgusting, DH owes me big time because I spent a half hour scrubbing the walls and floors and bleaching our bathroom from where he was sick. GROSS.  He might be buying me a new running outfit for my marathon... Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - sounds like the crap that Sam had the last couple of weeks.

mer - we paid our teenage sitter about $10/h.  I would not pay any more than what is the legal minimum wage for sitting.

e_rain - that sounds like a brutal workout! $20/h sounds ridiculous for babysitting..I make that much at my piano teaching job, which requires a university degree.

CA - I'd run on the TM, intervals are hard enough that you won't be bored. WTF on puke all over the walls?! if I was sick, I'd feel responsible for at least wiping off any visible grossness and then the other person could deep clean if they felt it necessary.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

e_rain - Whoa...for $20 an hour, I would wait to go out when a family member can watch the boys.  That is a lot!  Glad K went back down after his wake up.  I sometimes feel like H is just too cute to be mad at him for waking in the middle of the night!

CAR - If you are worried about road/path conditions, I would wait until Friday and do it as early as possible to increase time between that run and your LR.  There are many weeks when I run Fri, then long on Saturday.  You are a good wife for cleaning all of that up.  When I got sick when pg with J, DH had to clean a similar mess.  I was too sick to handle it and the smell was making me even more sick.  He owed me though from a night of drinking that was preceded by frog legs....yeah..

zorbs - That is the problem I have with the rate for babysitters.  My SIL works at a daycare and I know she doesn't make $10 and she watches more than 2 kids.  I think $10 for one kid is a lot.  My 8th graders seemed to say that they will take whatever they are given and are excited when it is "a lot".  Sounds like the rate is between $3-$5 per kid per hour.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- hope you feel better. I would just run whatever you feel up to running today.

zorbs- I rarely make HB eggs because they are a crapshoot. The only thing I have found that makes a difference, is to use eggs that are at least a couple weeks old because they peel easier. You can fake this by leaving them on the counter for a day- an egg ages as much in a day at room temp as it does in a week+ refrigerated.

Mer- One of the teenage babysitters I used mom's got all pissy because she said I paid too much at $10/hr, I think its more like $5-8/hr where I'm at for teenagers- I just ask the sitter what they think is fair for the situation, and I don't expect any cleaning or anything out of them. I'm feeling very conflicted about R turning 3, can't believe we are more than half way to a kindergartener.

CA- You are super wife. Hope DH feels better soon!

E_rain- Well at least DS isn't being openly defiant yet... $20/hr is ridonkulous!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: didn't go last night, I have not been feeling motivated to workout more than 3-4x a week since RP is injured, and EMRP is coaching track and home late every night.

TR: Accidentally had a PB exposure at daycare yesterday, she made celery with PB and sunbutter for him, and he was lighting fast grabbing the wrong kind and trying to shove it in his mouth. She said she didn't think he got any PB in his mouth because she was able to intercept it, but it got on his lip which puffed a bit and was itchy and a rash on his belly. Kiddo has a high tolerance to benadryl, took him 2 hours to fall asleep.

FR: DH is in a funky mood where he doesn't want to eat anything healthy. I got a new wok and wanted to try it out, but DH really just wanted something that could be eaten with ketchup, so I will make chicken stirfry tonight (chicken needed to thaw more anyways). It was quite the process to season my wok! I've been wanting one for a decade, but never bothered until I got a gas stove.

NRR: DH is going to the union hall to count ballots today, should know if the contract passed later this afternoon. We have the guy working on leveling our lot and spreading gravel today, but my builder procrastinated moving some backfill rubble too long and we are going to be delayed a week while the dirt guy goes on vacation tomorrow.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - oh no on the accidental PB exposure, glad it wasn't worse.  UGH on dh's food mood.  Is your yard going to be ready enough to get a garden or grass/etc cut this spring?  I'd like to put a garden in, hopefully I have time, I feel all out right now just maintaining everything else in life.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I think we are going to skip a garden this year, I never got around to starting my seeds, and I think we will be too busy with general landscaping. Though I might do a couple of pots with herbs and flowers, maybe a tomato or pepper plant.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - what is your wok made of?  I agree that HB eggs are a crapshoot but when they turn out badly, people are like, wtf is wrong with you, you can't even boil eggs properly?  I hope your DH doesn't put ketchup in stirfry.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I got a carbon steel wok.

runnergirl9508

RR: 7 miles this morning. Had to stop twice to poop, even though l went before I left. I remember this happening when I was pg with R, too.

TR: had a blast at the park today. There's a little nature trail that goes through the woods along the river behind the park, so we walked that, and he was chattering away about the trees that had fallen down and the ducks in the river.

NRR: friend and her 5 month old DD are coming over in a bit Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08