Womens Running

Hurray for Friday DIVAS! (Read 271 times)

monk717

Post!

monk717

Good morning!

RR: Heading out for my first workout this week! Better late than never! I'm not sure what I'll end up with... and all my workouts seem to be open ended lately anyway, so 3 to 5.

NRR: Third trimester starts today! The time is going so fast and so slow at the same time. I had some swelling in my calves last night, not sure where that came from. I'm hoping it was just because I hadn't worked out all week. I put an extra pillow under my legs to elevate them in bed and it seems to have gone down this morning. I think our house has finally recovered from the bug. Looking forward to a fun weekend, holiday trolley ride and buying a new winter coat for A, we might also do some gift donating this weekend. Its been a busy week at work, but the days have been going slow, so hopefully today is fast!

So now that we're in a spam-free forum and we've had such a busy week of posts... maybe we could do a weekend post this weekend?? Just thought I'd throw that out there. I miss the weekend posts!

Have a great weekend divas!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies and happy Friday.

So, yesterday was interesting. My appointment with Dr. Hottie was supposed to be at 8 a.m. I've learned over time that 8 a.m. does not mean 8 a.m. Ended up not seeing him until 3:30 p.m. Fortunately, I had my laptop with me so I could get some work done. It was a super long/emotionally draining day. I'm ready for all of this to be over. I should hear from him today about when surgery is scheduled for. He was 99% sure he could fit me in before Christmas. YAY!!!!! I am so desperate for relief. I just want my life back. I've become a recluse and I don't like it Sad 

Monk: Have a great run! 

Have a great Friday, ladies! Smile 

SassySparky

Hey Monk! So glad you are all feeling better.  I had a dream last night that I got a stomach virus because so many people I know have had them lately! Congrats on the third trimester!!!!!!

RLTW - wow that's a long time to wait!  I'm glad you are moving forward on this and hope you can get that surgery scheduled quickly!

RR: Some ST tonight after G goes to bed is my plan.  We'll see if it happens.

NRR: Working for the weekend!  This week has been so crazy.  I'll probably have to do some work/writing over the weekend but nothing major and probably won't have to go into the lab. Didn't get to do any of the things I planned last night because I was finishing a presentation I have to give at lab meeting today, as practice for my conference in two weeks.  I'm excited for the weekend, though.  I want to find time to get a pedicure and we're going out for cake for my birthday, which is next Wednesday.  

I'd be up for a weekend post, especially since I feel like I do most of my workouts on the weekend!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

OJewel

Good morning girls!! 

Monk- glad the swelling went down. I can't believe you're in the third tri, haha. The holiday trolley ride this weekend sounds fun, enjoy!

RLTW- hugs to you! I hope dr hottie schedules you before Christmas. I hope you had snacks during that long wait time to see the doctor!!

RR- just got back from 3. Holiday running streak is still going! The real test is me running tomorrow on a travel day. I really want to fit in 1 mile before we head to the airport. 

NRR- flying to puerto Rico tomorrow morning! This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane. I just need to get through today and be super productive and get everything taken care of and covered while I'm away. That's pretty much it! Tonight is getting pizza and packing up, since I have done exactly 0 of that! 

Have a great day! I'll try to check back. It's cool we've got more posts now that were on this spam free forum!

OJewel

Sassy- get that pedicure!! They are amazing. I totally get them more than I should haha. I'm going to try to get one on my lunch hour. Happy early birthday! It's a coworkers birthday today and I happen to know her friend is bringing in cupcakes. Needless to say, I'm pumped. 

MA runner girl

Good morning ladies!! YAY FOR FRIDAY!

RR: 3 miles last night. I had to walk the last half mile due to stomach pains, but at least I got it done! Hoping for 2-3 miles after work, since it will still be light outside!!

NRR: DH comes home tonight! YAAY! What a long week. Tonight I'm planning on making some cookies for tailgating tomorrow, but other than that just relaxing with DH! Tomorrow we are going to a Uconn Football game with a bunch of friends. We will be tailgating for a few hours before. It's supposed to be COOOOOLD, like a high of 35 for the day. Brrrr. I'll be making a thermos of warm something so I can stay warm snice I can't be warmer from alcohol like everyone else Wink

Monk - Happy third tri! That's scary for me since I'm only a few weeks behind you! YIKES! Sounds like you have a nice weekend with the family planned, I'm glad you are all feeling better!

RLTW - Hugs!! I'm glad you finally got to see Dr. Hottie. I hope the surgery is scheduled ASAP!

Sassy - I hope you have time for a pedicure! You definitely deserve one! I hope you don't have to work too much this weekend.

Jewel - Have a great time in PR!!! Good luck getting everything done tonight. I always wait until the last minute to pack because it's my least favorite activity!!

Have a great day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

taylorma1

Morning ladies. Another fly by post for me. One day I will get to personals

RR: planning an 8 miler or so at lunch time

NRR: long day of proctoring a quiz, teaching a review session, and tagging structures for the anatomy exam next week. But then my guy is cooking me dinner tonight Smile And we are planning on going to a concert together tomorrow, so I am pretty stoked about that. 

Have a wonderful day everyone

carawsb

Good morning, DIVA’s!  I hope that everyone’s Friday is off to a fantastic start!

Taylor – I hope you have a good run this afternoon!  Enjoy the dinner date with your guy tonight, and the concert tomorrow!  It sounds like fun!

MA – Yippee for your DH getting home!  The tailgating sounds like a blast!  I hope you have fun.  I am envious of your mad cookie baking skills!  Sorry that you had stomach pains on your run last night, though.  Yuck.

Jewel – Enjoy your time in Puerto Rico!  I hope you are able to fit in your run before your leave; that should be a piece of cake!  Sending you good vibes to make it through your Friday!

Sparky – I hope you are able to get in your ST tonight after G goes to bed!  The pedicure sounds fantastic, as does the cake.  YUM!  Enjoy the weekend!

RLTW – Wow, that really is a long time to wait; but, it sounds like you have a new plan of attack.  I hope that you are able to get some relief, and soon.  At least you were able to get some work done while you were waiting there.  ((Hugs))

Monk – It sounds like you have a FUN weekend planned!  Great news that the family is all on the mend, and also great news that you are in the third trimester!  Woo hoo!  I can relate to the days going slow at work; I am sitting here dreading how long today is going to be…  Yuck.

RR:  Nothing this morning, which will most likely equate to today being a rest day.  Smile  See NRR.

NRR:  I had a bit of a restless night, so did not sleep well.  My tummy has also been "off" again the past couple of days.  I go in cycles; I have a couple of good days, and then a couple of bad days.  Yesterday, I had mild nausea most of the day; it carried through overnight and a little bit this morning.  I shoved in my oatmeal for breakfast this morning, and I am sitting here drinking my coffee right now, so hopefully it will eventually pass.  I did not even pack a lunch today, because nothing sounds good; I do not know what to eat that will not make me feel icky? Confused  I have been keeping a food diary for over a month now, and there really is no consistency.  This has just been so frustrating.  I am getting within the one week marker of my GI appointment (it is December 11th), so I just have to hang on until then... Roll eyes  Blah.

Regardless, I am looking forward to the weekend and getting to spend some time with DH.  I always feel so much more relaxed hanging out with him, and do not dwell on everything.  We have plans to go for a short run tomorrow morning, and will probably try to find something tasty to cook for dinner tomorrow night! Big grin

I hope everyone has a great day!  I will definitely check in a little later!

lizo_77

So, so glad it's friday!

RR: did 3 miles this morning on the TM and felt pretty good. I still feel a little bit of chest weirdness so I suspect I need to use my inhaler before workout the next few days. I must have bothered my lungs more than I thought. Also made some progress with weight loss! down 3.4 pounds so I'll take that!  hoping for another five pounds down. so i just need to stay disciplined and avoid the sweets making their way into the office...

NRR: M's dad has cancer Sad  we learned this week and he's going to start treatment or first docs appt mid december. well M usually goes a little quiet when he's dealing with stuff. It drives me nuts but I'm trying to understand it and be there for him when he's ready to talk about it. Fortunately, there's just the one "spot" they've discovered in his throat and so hopefully treatment is not too long.

Otherwise, getting to see M tonight! I'm trying to figure out what to make with boneless chicken thighs for dinner tonight...a casserole kind of sounds good...

monk: glad you're feeling better and good enough to get out there and work out! glad your house has recovered! I hate being sick!

rltw: yay for fitting you in before christmas! I hope hope hope that happens!

sassy: glad the work you have to do over the weekend isn't too intense! sounds like mine. I have to do specs. boo that. but oh well.

jewel: yay! puerto rico!! enjoy! hope you're super productive today!

MA: good luck staying warm during tailgating! sounds fun but cold!

taylor: you have an awesome weekend to look forward to! enjoy the dinner and then concert tomorrow!

need to keep drawing. hope to be semi-productive today...

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in a really nice 7 with some thanks to my friend Mr. Tail Wind. My calves were tight from ST last night. I do bridge on the balance ball, and I think I'm doing it incorrectly or something, because I do feel it in my butt, but I also feel it in my calves. Hmm. Running and ST tomorrow, hopefully.

NRR: Eating the first of two batches of muffins I made where I forgot to put the baking soda in. D'oh! They still taste good. I need to bust it at work today. I was not feeling motivated yesterday at all, so didn't get too much done. Tomorrow I'm volunteering at a mobile adoption, and then DBF should be home on Sunday night. Hurray for that!

Lizo - Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about M's dad! My DBF is really quiet about his parents' various illnesses, too, and it's frustrating.. but be patient. M will talk when he's ready to talk.

Monk - Better late than never, indeed! At least you are out there working out. Congrats on the third trimester, too. The time is really flying by.

RLTW - Wow, that is a really long wait! Good thing you have your computer with you. 

Sassy - Where are you going for your birthday dinner? And high five for December birthdays! Mine's coming up in 2 1/2 weeks.

Jewel - Good luck with all the packing, and have a safe flight to PR, if we don't "talk" before then!

MA - Ha! The alcohol only makes people feel like they're warmer.  

Taylor - I am excited for you about this new guy. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with him!

Cara - I do hope you can get some answers at your GI appointment in a few weeks. I can't imagine not being able to eat that much.

RunNaiRun

Happy Friday, DIVAs!

Monk, congrats on your workout, I’m so glad you’re all feeling better!  Elevating your feet was a good idea, just keep an eye on the swelling and if it continues, mention it to your OB at your next appointment.  I’m all about weekend posting  =)

RLTW, I’m glad yesterday is behind you, and hoping for some good holiday magic to make it go as well as possible and for everything to finally give you some relief!

Hiya, Sassy!  Working for the weekend…always makes me start singing that song, ha!  Where are you going for cake?  Sounds lovely, a pedi and cake!  Enjoy!

Jewel, SO excited for your trip!  When do you come back?  I’m with you on the streak…and I’m loving it.  IDK why, but knowing that I want to maintain the streak gets me out the door, and then I never run just the 1 mile!  I’m barely warmed up by that point, and it doesn’t even start to feel good until 2!

MA, stomach pains?  Oh, no!  Make hot chocolate…oooh and of course no alcohol for you but I had the idea of adding peppermint schnapps

to it when we had our outdoor RHPS night and people LOVED it!  Have a ball this weekend!

Tay, NIIIIICE lunchtime mileage, woman!  And enjoy your time with the new guy…you deserve it!  Hope the weekend is wonderful!

Cara, I’m so sorry you still aren’t feeling well, and I hope that the doctor’s appointment you have will take every possibility into account and get you some relief!

Lizo, what happened with your lungs?  Oh, so scary.  N had exercise and allergy-induced asthma as a younger child, and there is nothing scarier than watching your child and knowing they can’t get air in.  And so sorry about M’s dad…keep us posted.  Good positive healing thoughts to you all…L is like that, too.  She clams right up and then it bursts out like a volcano with the big stuff.  Le sigh.  Not me, I chew on something until all the flavor goes out of it (as you all well know!)  I do a chicken casserole with shredded cheddar, tri-color pasta, and frozen veggies…it’s a fam favorite…I also do chicken enchiladas that are crazy easy – brown the chicken, cook in 1 block of cream cheese and 1 jar of your favorite salsa.  Wraps or taco shells, whatever toppings you like, and YUM!  *we’re totally having tacos for supper*

So, in order to keep the streak alive I headed out to run “just one” last night (we have very limited street lamps near home) at about 5:15 in the darky dark…and wound up with a very fun 3.4 miles.  THEN, we went shopping for Christmas stuff mostly, and met our sitter VTG to see the last Twilight movie and OH.MY.GOODNESS.  Best one, hands down.  Love, love, loved what they did with the movie, it was SO good.  This weekend, we have the wrestling parents meeting then a party at the new friends we met on the cruise, they live near Philly, and DP is off, so we’re going, yay!  Then of course Sunday morning I work and I’m sure studying and log splitting and taking the boys to family swim at some point will happen! 

Happy Last Day of November, ladies!

lizo_77

CARA: sorry about the continued GI issues! bummer that you can't eat with any consistency and also know what it is you're reacting to! you must be feeling so frustrated!

outwest: nice work on the 7! enjoy those muffins! M wouldn't normally touch them, but hey, dump em in the freezer and eat them at your pace! I've done that a time or two! Big grin

Nai: love love your ideas for tonight! the enchiladas sound heavenly! Totally doing that tonight! Approve  fun fun fun  on seeing the last twilight movie! I agree, though there was a moment (five or so min) in the movie where I kept thinking... they better not have changed the book....  (don't want to spoil it for anyone but I bet you know where I'm thinking of...)

oh, I have exercise induced asthma that's barely a problem. but after a cold or flu, when my lungs are aggravated enough, it can become an issue.

LucyBelle

Hello ladies!! 

RR: Well, did my run and ST yesterday, so today might just be a different set of ST. Chest, back, and abs, perhaps? If you see my pictures on FB of my new wedding dress, you'll see that I need to have a KILLER back by September! I'm not ready to run 2 days in a row yet...woke up with a sore spot on my shin today, which I think is just from calf muscle tightness, but I'll keep an eye on it.

NRR: I was a total grumpy pants last night, I'm not sure why. We had a perfectly nice evening, I made delicious vegetarian burritos and we watched Jeopardy plus our shows on NBC (DORKS!) but I was still in a miserable mood. PMS, methinks. I also had insomnia last night, which has been a side effect of my anxiety meds, but had gotten better lately. Blah. Looking forward to a weekend with no real plans, though!

Monk: Welcome to the third trimester! I'm so glad your family is feeling better and will be able to enjoy a fun weekend!

RLTW: Love you!

Sassy: Eek, I don't like hearing stomach bugs are going around! I have a vomit phobia and I hate this time of year because of that. You're going out for cake? Where does one go out for cake?

Jewel: Puerto Rico, I'm so jealous! Have fun!! 

MArunner: You're a brave girl standing out in the cold for a football game, I don't know if I could hack it! Definitely bring some hot chocolate in a thermos. And maybe some of those disposable hand/foot warmers! I love those things!

Taylor: Sounds like things are going really well for you and your new guy! How awesome, very happy for you!

Cara: Sorry about the residual tummy issues. When I was having trouble eating it was always the worst during the day, and better when I was home relaxing with CRF. Hope you can get a delicious dinner in tonight!

Lizo: I am SO sorry to hear about M's dad. I think it's good that you recognize how M deals with things and just try to be there as best you can however he needs you. (HUG) I hope your lungs feel better soon, too. 

Outwest: Every time I read your posts about volunteering it reminds me I want to check out volunteer options at our local shelters. I think I would really enjoy that.

Nai: I still need to see the last Twilight movie! My older sister would normally go with me but she's all the way in SC now. Younger sister is totally uninterested and none of my other friends are into it! Boooo. Hope N's concussion is feeling better. 

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Big grin

gsdrunner

Happy Friday Ladies **insert dancing banana man**

RR: Training schedule says 13, not sure I will be able to make that, but I am hoping to at least get 8 to 10 in.

NRR: Rough patch last night, was up with M from 1 to 330. Sad Rough week emotionally for me. I know what its from, just hard getting over the hump sometimes. I seem to fight with myself very so many weeks over working and staying home. I know staying home for M is great, but I feel like I am not so independent anymore. Weird eternal battle thats has been going on for sometime. Mostly when I feel isolated and cabin feverish.  Hopefully, DH, M, A and I will go to the park. A needs some more exercise, G can't do it. G can only go for a 1/2 mile walk before his hips and back hurt. He is just getting old.  Probably take M to the mall they have a little children's area there, maybe she can wear herself out. Smile

Monk:  Happy 3rd trimester!

lizo: sorry to hear about M's father.

Nai: Sounds lovely

Taylor: Good Luck on those 8 miles at lunch.

NC: I am joining you in the no alcohol thingy until xmas. 

RLTW: happy to hear you can get some relief soon.

Sassy: Hope you can get some good work done with weekend without taking up too much of the weekend.

Gotta run will try to get personals done later...