Womens Running

DIVAS MADE IT TO FRIDAY! (Read 15 times)

SassySparky

No joke, every Friday morning I wake up with this NSync song stuck in my head, "It's Friday night and I just got paid!"Wink

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: SRD! I slept in til 6:30! I'm on a slight cutback week with only 4 days.

NRR: Just work (which will be busy) then the weekend! Big D gets home late this afternoon so he'll be picking G up from school, then I planned a super easy dinner so we'd all have time to hang out together and enjoy the weather and maybe go to the park. This weekend will be busy. With my LR tomorrow morning, we are going to an Oktoberfest Party on Saturday night and Sunday we're seeing houses with the realtor. I am making German Chocolate Cupcakes tonight and tomorrow we're making homemade soft pretzels and a cheese and ale dip. I was going to make the cupcakes last night and frost them tonight, but I found out I don't have any cupcake liners, so I hope I can get it all done tonight!

Personals from yesterday afternoon -

Jewel - when are you leaving? GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!

Lizo - I hope M comes up with a plan for finding a work sitation that makes him happier.

MA - I hope C's napping gets back to normal. G definitely has at least one day each week where he only naps for 30 minutes. When he was C's age he would do two naps from 9:00 -10:00 and from 1:00 - 3:00, then bed at 7:00.

Monk - I have two episodes of Parenthood on the DVR to watch! I love that show.

NC - so glad the calf didn't hurt during your run yesterday!

OJewel

Sassy- all that German food sounds delicious! Enjoy spending time with big D and G tonight.

RR- nada!

RR2- let's call it like it is! No real NRR stuff. I am up trying to log on to work for a minute but I can't get on, doh! I need to run a couple errands as well and pack and hopefully we will be on the road by 10! We're planning on stopping for lunch on the way, then I have a brewery tour scheduled for us at 5:30. I'm getting nervous but excited for the race! I really want to enjoy myself and also PR, of course. We'll see though. I don't want to put too much on the pr in case it doesn't happen.

Gotta get moving. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

gsdrunner

Sassy: Good luck on your LD tomorrow. Sounds like some good food for after the run.

Jewel:  Enjoy the brewery tour Smile No worries on the RR, you get back to it.

NC:  Glad the calf is better hows the hamstring?

RR: Nothing in the last two days, but my sever hive outback is to blame. Today I feel better so I am debating on running with M at the park or going to the gym for spin.

NRR: I think its time for me to make some changes. I have an appointment with my OBGYN and an Allergist for after our trip up north. The hive outbreak was truly a scare and if possible we need to find out the cause or at least see about not getting it back. I am grateful DH was home to care for M.  Anyhow, gotta M is calling...

Hopefully will be back later today!

SassySparky

Ok I think I'm at my limit for single parenting. Thank goodness Big D gets back this afternoon. Between my demanding boss, marathon training, Birdie is crazy and missing D and a cranky toddler I am at my wit's end.

lizo_77

HI LADIES!

yay! friday!

RR: nada. thinking a day off is in order. maybe something tonight on the TM if I'm in the mood.

NRR: work day. yay. have tons, but nothing too bad. Will try to keep up, then shop for a few things on the way home. M and I are still pretty stocked up from our shopping trip last week. surprisingly. So I'll just buy cat food and coffee creamer tonight.  I'm making a chicken noodle soup in the slow cooker, so I want to get some chicken broth and throw that in too. M spent some time last night looking at jobs and actually called one of them. It's a manufacturing superviser position. So I think he felt better about making a move towards doing something.  And I really hope he keeps looking and finds something soon!!

M's parents arrive tomorrow morning. so cleaning the house tonight for sure. PMS is over so that's a good sign.... Smile

Sassy: enjoy hanging out tonight together! sounds relaxing! hey, post the recipe for home made soft pretzels and the dip! sounds awesome!

OJ: enjoy the brewery tour! sounds awesome!

gsd: hope they can figure out the allergy situation for you!

ok... later!

LucyBelle

Hey ladies!

RR: It's the weirdest thing, I have this deep pain in my quad/thigh that feels like it's underneath the muscle, almost. It started hurting off and on a few weeks ago, but after running this week it hurt to walk, especially up and down stairs. I have no idea what it is, I haven't been running NEARLY enough for it to be an injury. Yesterday I decided to just walk rather than run, so walked 2 miles carrying my 21-pound nephew on my back. Then upper body ST and core.

NRR: Friday! I've got a veggie lasagna going in the crockpot already so hopefully we'll just be able to come home after work and relax! We don't really have any plans this weekend other than dinner with my sister and BIL tomorrow. I'm determined to get our apartment clean, it's been a disaster since the wedding.

NorCal

Happy Friday! Big grin

Sassy- I'm so glad D will be home tonight and you can have a nice weekend. Sorry if it's been a rough week being home on your own. The cupcakes and pretzels sound amazing! Yum. How long is your LR tomorrow?

Jewel- GOOD LUCK!!! I saw that it might be raining. My only advice is try to stay dry before the race starts. Bring plastic bags and duck tape to cover your shoes and wear a bag over your shoulders so you can discard it all right before you start. You'll still get wet while running, but starting off wet sucks!

Meli- Glad to see Bubbles had some dinner! We give L dry food, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul Senior Food. He loves it, but he loves all food of course! Hope you have good workouts this weekend!

GSD- Hamsting is doing ok. they are on the same leg, so I'm sure it's related. I need to get in for a massage soon. I am SO sorry about your hive breakout, so scary. Hope you can find the cause/cure! yikes!

Lizo- Have a good visit with your parents, are they staying for the weekend? And good luck to M on the job situation.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Sassy: I'm surprised your brain is able to register what day it is enough to get a song going when you first wake up! Every morning when I wake up I have to mentally struggle to figure out which day  it is. LOL. Sorry you're at your wits end with things. Just a few more hours and then it's the weekend and Big D is home!

Jewel: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSD: Scary about the hives. And they don't know what caused them? I hope they don't come back!

Lizo: We're crockpot meal and PMS twins! Hahaha. Except mine isn't gone yet...I wish! Soon, hopefully. Good for M for applying to jobs!!

OK...off to do some more work on this rainy fall day...

NorCal

Lucy- Ouch! Sorry about the quad pain, sounds terrible! Sad Hope it's nothing serious. Enjoy your relaxing evening and have a great weekend!

RR. Going for my tempo run in a bit, probably 6-7 miles with 4 @ 7:45. Might be optimistic since my training has been crap lately.

NRR. Have a new client tonight- a triathlete with a calf injury, so hope I can help! MIL and FIL are in town (staying at DH's aunt's house) so we're doing sushi dinner with them tomorrow night. Kind of annoyed we can't just go OUT to dinner, they all want to do take-out. They never want to go out, which I think is weird. Anyways, other then that, we have a fun run planned in SF Sunday and not much else going on this weekend!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in a great 8 road this morning, and I am happy to report that I have my legs back under me! I ditched ST last night, and am on the fence about yoga tonight. I want to go, but I won't get home until after 8, and I need to be at the park for volunteering really early tomorrow. Hmm. And then Sunday is my first official LR of this training - I'm going to try out some new trails!!

NRR: So yesterday, I went back to sleep after I got out of the shower, and stayed home for the rest of the day and did nothing but read and hang out with my furbabies. It was really relaxing, and I feel a lot better! "Working from home" today. I have some work stuff to do but I also want to do nothing again. Wink  Tomorrow is the big event for the animal shelter, and I'm volunteering. My shift doesn't start until 7:45 but they want us there earlier, if possible, to help set up.

Sassy - Can I go to that party with you? Your food sounds delicious!  Also, I'm happy for you that Big D is coming back today!

Jewel - GOOD LUCK!!!! I thought of you this morning when I was putting on my shoes.

GSD - I hope you can get the hives thing figured out. Did you get bitten by something?

Lizo - Sounds like M is taking some positive steps in the new job arena. I hope it works out!

Lucy - Hmm..I wonder what you could have done to your leg?  You should post a picture of your apartment - did you ever get it straightened out from that one picture you posted, when you first moved in?  Big grin

LucyBelle

Lucy - Hmm..I wonder what you could have done to your leg?  You should post a picture of your apartment - did you ever get it straightened out from that one picture you posted, when you first moved in?  Big grin

Hahaha, YES! It actually looked really nice for a while. But now we brought it tons of new stuff after getting gifts, and we kind of stalled in the process of packing up old stuff to give away and organizing new stuff. Oops.

MA runner girl

Sassy - we are trying to be on that schedule. I put him down at those times for naps and he just won't stay asleeP! So frustrating. Of course he was sleeping longer this morning again, but I had to wake him to go to the dr Sad at least we are sttn or I would be going crazyyy.

just got back from c's 6 month checkup. He is getting even more giant by the day... 22 pounds and 29.25 inches, which is 98percentile for height and off the charts for height. Like seriously. You should see his growth chart. It's insane! Kids in training to be a linebacker, or basketball star!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

These are the pretzels I'm making: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/12/25/30-minute-whole-wheat-pretzels/

I did a test run on Monday night and brought them in to work. I liked them and my coworkers said they were really good!

And here is the beer cheese dip: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/warm-beer-and-cheddar-dip.html

Can't go wrong with a Williams Sonoma recipe.

Oh and these are the cupcakes : 
                              http://stephenandnat.blogspot.com/2012/06/german-chocolate-cupcakes.html

SassySparky

Oh my word, I'm warning you all not to scroll through the last blog, Life Made Simple. The baked goods look amazing and I'm 30 minutes from lunch>................ Joking