Womens Running

Exploding oatmeal Friday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Don't you hate when oatmeal explodes all over the microwave?

ER - ST, hot tub.

TR - stayed dry again except for 2 poops in the diaper.  Any ideas on how to get this going?  DH is taking him to see Santa tonight.  He will probably cry, as he's cried every year so far.  A couple years ago, Santa smelled like me on Monday, like a dirty hobo, and I could not blame B for crying that time.

FR - frozen pizza, caesar salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Zorbs:  Other than bribery and making him go pantsless, no ideas.  I explode pretty much everything in the microwave, it is disgusting and I need to clean it.

RR:  Night run if it is not pouring rain. I want at least 8 but trail runs are so slow for me.

TR:  Was up and ready to go this morning without a fight even though he didn't want to go to bed last night.  Hopefully that means an early night tonight.

NRR:  Thinking of getting C a few more books for Christmas.  He wants Pete the Cat?  they must read that one in school.

FR:  Pizza night.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Ok finally sitting at my desk with hot coffee and food.

RR - 3 miles or so at lunch on the TM, first post marathon run!  I'm a little sore from my bit of ST'ing yesterday, can tell that I went light on the weights leading up to the marathon.

TR - threatened to stay up all night last night, but didn't succeed!  Hopefully DH's morning is more uneventful today than yesterday.

BR - all over everything and developing quite the opinion.  Knows what books she wants to read and freaks out if you block the stairs.

NRR - crazy cold here, supposed to 'warm up' to -15C by Sunday.

FR - slow cooker pork chili.  Looks like I missed the pizza night memo.

---

zorbs - I'd just keep bribing and encouraging, find his currency, what reward would he be all over.

becky - never heard of Pete the Cat.  Hope C goes to bed early and you get in a good run tonight!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Hoping to go tonight, my back still hurts but no sciatica anymore. Chiro said he thinks I need a deep tissue massage.

TR: Bad day yesterday- 5 timeouts including one for biting and peed his pants. Was so excited about the new bubblebath I got for him that he immediately started stripping off his clothes.

FR: Last night was turkey burgers, sweet pot fries and salad. Tonight I think will be minestrone.

NRR: The carwash called my insurance when I filed that incident report (which I guess I should have figured on when they asked for it) so they are kind of forcing my hand with getting the scratch fixed. I got a little bit more shopping done but still have a few presents to buy.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I oatmealed myself out when I was nursing R and I rarely eat it anymore. Plus I only like steelcut oats now and I haven't been able to find GF ones in store. I need to buy a new microwave since I'm still using my tiny underpowered one from college- I'm sure I'll burn and explode foods a lot until I figure out how powerful it is.  Hmm, maybe I'll have to go down to the gym and use the hot tub for my back....

Becky- I bought R one called Little Blue Truck and he asks me to read it to him every night before he goes to sleep. I hope C goes to bed easily tonight.

CA- yeah, kids opinions are so irrational. R got really upset about my choice of underwear for him this morning. So I went and got all the options from the drawer and he picked the ones I had originally tried to put on him. Roll eyes   I dropped my car off at the car place to get the oil change and walked 3 blocks to work, and the cold air gave me a brain freeze. Its supposed to be a low of 6F tonight and is currently 17F. Brrrr!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - Hope you can get that massage!  Booo to the bad day for R, hope he's better today. 17F sounds so warm compared to what we're dealing with!

superspike113

Honorary Old

I scheduled a deep tissue massage for tomorrow!! DH was going to be on fire command, but he got called in to work night shift because both the Chief and Senior on that shift are out on ST Disability for back injuries, so DH won't do command tomorrow and will be home so I can go. Yess! I haven't had a massage since I was pregnant, but I know Deep Tissue massages aren't super relaxing.

runnergirl9508

spike- ah, I LOVE deep tissue massages. you're right, not the most relaxing, but I LOVE how much better my body feels afterwards. and YAY for DH not having to work the command shift! mmm, sweet potato fries. do you make your own, or buy premade ones? there's a bar locally that makes the best- and they serve them with honey for dipping. sooooo good! lol on R stripping for his bubble bath. I haven't given my R a bubble bath yet, as I used to break out in hives as a kid from them, and i'm scared it will do the same to him.

zorbs- nice weight workout this morning!!! i'm trying to post both places, but keeping up with personals on FB can get overwhelming sometimes. i'm definitely more concise there. you'll have to keep me informed about the PT pooping success, as i'm going to start with R after Christmas. omg, oatmeal in the microwave is the worst! I actually make mine with boiling water from the tea kettle.

becky- enjoy your night run! I wish we had nearby trails to run. the closest is about an hr drive. I LOVE buying books for R- he absolutely adores reading, and I like the snuggle time. I've never heard of pete the cat? glad C got up and ready so well for you today. does he still nap at daycare?

CA- brrrr, stay warm!!! do you usually have to deal with high winds in the winter time too? the cold temps don't bother me much, but when it's windy it's rough! lol on O developing her opinions. glad M caved and went to bed. seriously, what's with kids NOT wanting to go to bed?! don't they realize this is the only time in their life they can sleep as long as they want to?! hope the TM run goes well.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I have been buying the Alexia brand ones, my homemade ones are always mushy and if you cook them too long to crisp them up they burn.  I bought California Baby brand Calendula eczema formula bubblebath because the regular store bought kind inflamed his eczema. I got a sample of Babytime! bubblebath that was very nice too and not drying.

runnergirl9508

RR: 6.3 miles this morning. it's cooled off back into the 30's after two days of being in the 50's. I felt good other than from mile 3-4. weird?! some dickhead in a pickup truck was exiting the highway, didn't stop at the RED LIGHT before he started to turn right and almost hit me. I was halfway thru the crosswalk too. asshole. I flipped him off and yelled some choice words.

TR: up and down today. he slept well last night, but I think his cold is settling into his chest now Sad  whined off and on through the grocery store, but was ok overall.

NRR: grocery shopped this morning, cleaning and laundry this afternoon. getting our tree tomorrow!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- you are so lucky R has not been sick much. Reid used to catch a cold at least monthly for the first 2 years of his life. He hasn't been sick much since this spring other than his asthma. Scary about the pickup, what a jackass!   I had someone pass me on the right the other day then intentionally make a left turn on red right in front of me, they must have been in a major hurry.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - YAY for a massage!!!  My RMT, abuses me more than massages, it doesn['t even hurt good, but it's good for my body.

RG - yeah it get's windy also, I don't even mind running in temps like this, it's fine so long as you're not running into the wind, but going into the wind is miserable.  Glad R's starting to feel better.  UGH on the jerk in the truck!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

normally I use a giant bowl and a small amount of oatmeal, but all the giant bowls were buried under the pots and I didn't want to risk loud clanging noises and wake up B, since he was sleeping past 5 am this morning.

becky - whenever MIL comes over, she cleans out the microwave.  I am so grateful for that.

CA - I've never run in ridiculously cold temps, I think the coldest EVER was -15 and windchill maybe -25 and I would like to run in -30 or colder..just to earn my winter running badass cred.  Ironically, i overdressed that time..

spike - I looooove deep tissue massages!  I asked DH for one for christmas.  yeah it hurts a bit, but it hurts so good and I would prefer that any day to a completely unsatisfying foofy massage.

rg - what kind of oatmeal do you use? here you can buy quick oats and one minute oats (both come in a large bag) and I have NO idea what the difference between the 2 are, but I'm pretty sure if you just put boiling water in, the oat grains don't "poof" out enough, it would be like water with oats inside.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Lyerin

I had a Friday morning like that!

I was getting dressed and 4 year old DS came into the bathroom with silly putty matted into his hair.  Apparently, DH did not frisk him before bed last night and DS slept all night in a pile of silly putty.  All stuck in his hair, on his forehead and on the sheets/pillow.  Great.  Unscheduled shower for him with double the hair washing.

RR: I'm going to Bikram yoga at 4:30 (out of work at 4 on Fridays) and then off to the gym for a short run.  10K on the schedule for tomorrow (on my own, not a "real" race).

superspike113

Honorary Old

Lyerin- when I was in gradeschool, I had these acid wash jeans and my little brother left silly putty on a chair, which I sat in. My mom had to bring me new pants to school because I had been walking around with lime green silly putty stuck to my ass and ground into the fabric. We couldn't get it out and the pants had to be thrown away. I was so embarrassed. I should have been more embarassed about the jeans, because I think I remember that they had pleats that made them puffy in the front too.