If you are passing someone in a race - should you say something or not? (Read 1608 times)

I was wondering where you've been. Your sky is now singular. It is slimming.
    What is this about? Confused MTA: Are you sore about something because maybe you jumped to conclusions.
    And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

xor

What is this about? Confused
      Well, I'm assuming... perhaps incorrectly... that you are The Member Formerly Known as "blue skies.". If I am incorrect, I apologize. The member "blue skies." posted a ton of stuff, but hasn't been around for a little while. I am guessing that you are perhaps this person because of the similarity of your name, plus the fact that blue skies. had previously been at least three OTHER names before that. But perhaps I am wrong. Also, you are doing a similar thing to blue skies. where you post something and then a few minutes (or in blue skies. case, sometimes several hours or a day) later, you adjust it. If I am right, my comment is merely that you've changed from blue skies (plural) to blue sky (singular). The slimming comment relates to the idea that you now have at least one less sky. Edited to add: Ah, now you've added something about me being sore. I am neither sore (achy) nor sore (mad) about anything except for the fact that my roomie drew on my kitchen table last night. Ok. That's 3 minutes of my life I could have been petting my dog.

Why does it matter to *you* if I modified my nick. It's the same user id.
        And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

xor

Why does it matter to *you* if I modified my nick. It's the same user id.
          Oh have a popsicle. It doesn't matter to me at all. I was making a joke that you went from plural to singular and noting that it was nice to see you because you've been gone for a little while. I am not sore and it does not matter, really. You need a hug.

Yes I understood what your comment meant. What I don't understand is why you keep being a jerk.

xor

Yes I understood what your comment meant. What I don't understand is why you keep being a jerk.
              Alright then. I'm picking out a thermos for you.

I have never heard of "blue skies." And this is the first I've seen of "blue sky." blue sky, you appear to be the prickly one. Go in a corner and calm down.
                  My history with him hasn't been great. Ack... best avoided. MTA: I read it again and it looks like it's meant to be insulting. Perhaps I'm wrong.

xor

MTA: I read it again and it looks like it's meant to be insulting. Perhaps I'm wrong.
                    I was making a joke that you went from plural to singular and noting that it was nice to see you because you've been gone for a little while.
                    I made a joke because you were blue skies and now you are blue sky. If there's something insulting in that, you put it there. As you've done that in lots and lots of posts before... many of which weren't even about you at all... I am not surprised by this at all. So have a hug, a popsicle, and a thermos. I'm not trying to insult you nor be mean. You were gone for a few weeks and now you are back. Hello. That's all.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I thought srlopez's joke was funny, but perhaps just a tiny bit over-explained Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

I thought srlopez's joke was funny, but perhaps just a tiny bit over-explained Smile
                          Yeah, sorry about that. For Blue Sky(ies), I tend to be verbose sometimes. It doesn't always help. I'll start being brief. Now.

kcam

Well, I'm assuming... perhaps incorrectly... that you are The Member Formerly Known as "blue skies.". If I am incorrect, I apologize. The member "blue skies." posted a ton of stuff, but hasn't been around for a little while. I am guessing that you are perhaps this person because of the similarity of your name, plus the fact that blue skies. had previously been at least three OTHER names before that. But perhaps I am wrong. Also, you are doing a similar thing to blue skies. where you post something and then a few minutes (or in blue skies. case, sometimes several hours or a day) later, you adjust it. If I am right, my comment is merely that you've changed from blue skies (plural) to blue sky (singular). The slimming comment relates to the idea that you now have at least one less sky. Edited to add: Ah, now you've added something about me being sore. I am neither sore (achy) nor sore (mad) about anything except for the fact that my roomie drew on my kitchen table last night. Ok. That's 3 minutes of my life I could have been petting my dog.
                            SR - you are cool!