RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

I just saw Water Horse with my six-year old daughter and her five-year old buddy. It was just a little slow at times for them during the first half, but I thought it was an excellent movie throughout. There was plenty of funny stuff early on and plenty of adventurous stuff later on. The effects were excellent but did not overpower the rustic setting in WWII Scotland. I think its primary audience would be boys under 12, but there is much for just about everyone else.
    Great! I hope to take DS (almost 7) later this week. He's been excited to see it ever since we saw the first trailer. I'll be happy to see all the Scottish scenery. I think I'm the only person who has spent time in Scotland and not seen Loch Ness. Roll eyes *smacks head*
    It was filmed in New Zealand - Weta workshops who did King Kong and the Lord of the Rings trilogy with Peter Jackson did it... Wink I saw National Treasure last week and loved it - seeing the Deejarling Limited this weekend I think. And I watched Little Miss Sunshine on DVD today which is soooo my all time fav.
    free happiness with every moment!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was filmed in New Zealand - Weta workshops who did King Kong and the Lord of the Rings trilogy with Peter Jackson did it... Wink
      From the Wiki site it appears that it was filmed in Scotland, NZ, and at Miramar studios. Looks like WETA mostly did the animation/effects for Crusoe, the "Nessie" critter (typical WETA work, too...stunning). Phew, I know parts of NZ can be made to look like parts of the rest of the world, but I don't think Scotland can be faked so easily. *sniff* I want to go back to the Highlands. Best fish & chips ever in Aberdeen. Cry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

Dustin/RacingThoughts-- I just got back from seeing The Orphanage. OMG, it was scary! Shocked Go see it with someone brave and let me know what you think. It wasn't like American horror movies, that's for sure. Has anyone else seen it yet?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Has anyone seen Invisible? We just watched that on Sunday night. I liked it but the movie ended with me wanting more details, I hate that!!!

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

so did anyone watch Cloverfield? I'm dying to see it I did see the Pirates who don't do anything (veggietales) - jealous? gotta say it was the best pirate musicial by singing vegetables EVER!! also saw the Prestige w/ Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Christrian Bale (Batman) and thought it was excellent

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I loved the dog Sam, in I am Legend. Yes, I'm a GSD freak.

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I loved the dog Sam, in I am Legend. Yes, I'm a GSD freak.
                We have GSD next-door. Seneca is a small male...he was runt of the litter. Sam reminded me a lot of Seneca (only I think Sam was a tad bigger). Seneca is a big doof. He has NO clue that he is supposed to be a tough guard dog. He is afraid of my hubby. Very sweet, quiet, gentle dog.

~ Sarah Kay

We have GSD next-door. Seneca is a small male...he was runt of the litter. Sam reminded me a lot of Seneca (only I think Sam was a tad bigger). Seneca is a big doof. He has NO clue that he is supposed to be a tough guard dog. He is afraid of my hubby. Very sweet, quiet, gentle dog.
                  Awe, give him a smooch for me. Can you tell I'm "in between dogs" right now?

- Anya

Life is Good

Rambo is well...Rambo at his best! just saw it this past weekend, and I must say Stallone doesn't look 61.. I enjoyed Rocky Balboa a little better than this Rambo flik just because I'm a chick and I like the romantic side of things..but for all out action fun Rambo is a must see..lots of wartime gore so view with caution..and I don't recommend for kids. Blush

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I finally saw "Waitress." Gah, I feel emotionally drained. I don't usually care for chick flicks...this definitely is not a typical chick flick and I think would appeal to just about anyone...great story, acting...and now my crush on Nathan Fillion has grown tenfold! Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

I about never see movies in theatres. Wife and I are more of a NetFlix couple, so a lot of my suggestions will be of older movies. Last night we watched Color Me Kubrick with John Malkovich. Great fun.
                          This looks cute!!

The voice of mile 18

saw kung fu panda yesterday with my rugrats. much better than I thought it be. not as great as Incredible or the Toy Stories but still very entertaining. B+

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

saw kung fu panda yesterday with my rugrats. much better than I thought it be. not as great as Incredible or the Toy Stories but still very entertaining. B+
                              My youngest wants to see that but my husband refuses to go, since he doesn't like Jack Black, I'm not sure why though. Confused So, it looks like it'll be a night at the movies without daddy! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My youngest wants to see that but my husband refuses to go, since he doesn't like Jack Black, I'm not sure why though. Confused So, it looks like it'll be a night at the movies without daddy! Smile
                                It is a seriously fun movie. I didn't have high expectations and really enjoyed it a lot. Very sweet message and amazing animation.

~ Sarah Kay