How would you describe your eating habits and what's your guilty pleasure (food or drink)? (Read 1274 times)

mandytheartist

I call myself a "seagan"-a vegan who eats seafood. Here's a summary of what I eat:

Eat

Egg whites

Almond dairy

Seafood (except for white meat on Thanksgiving)

Any veggie or fruit

Avoid

"Real" dairy

Egg yolks

Quadrapeds and poultry

FlatFT.runner

I am an extreme creature of routine.  For my Paleo eating style, I eat a whole chicken on most days by picking pieces off the chicken throughout the day.  I add a couple of apples and some green leafy vegetables.  I occasionally substitute pork for the chicken and blueberries, etc. for the apples, but, for the most part, I just never tire of the routine and I always enjoy the same foods. 

Every couple of weeks, though, I treat myself to ribs.  Ribs are discouraged on Paleo, since they are a fatty meat, but I give them a pass, since the fat content does not bother me and actually aids in weight control to an extent.  There is a Chinese buffet up the street that serves large spare ribs in one of the buffet bins.  I will go into that restaurant sometimes and just eat a couple plates full of the ribs without touching any of the other food in the restaurant.  I just eat ribs until I am almost full.  I'll also drive to different rib restaurants around Atlanta sometimes to sample a different slab of ribs when I want variety from the Chinese buffet ribs.  I do not really feel guilty about this, though, since it is a part of my routine, and it helped me through the weight loss process this year.

Jason I like your new avatar.

Any thing that isn't nailed down it would seem.

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

My major food groups seem to consist of pizza, ice cream, chocolate, cheese, salsa, chips and beer. I am working on improving my habits though.

All right!  At least a couple folks here who eat more like I do :-))   My routine is basically: to eat nothing for breakfast, then fast food for lunch (Sonic is tops lately), and dinner is usually the only healthy meal of the day.  2-3 Beers is tempting in the evening sometimes, followed by the munchies, whereupon I usually just eat whatever is there.

See, this is part of why I run ---  Don't want to look like a tater tot!   I wanted to be able to keep eating the same crap I always have, but not gain too much weight like my sedentary elders did. :-)    May sound funny, but I have found that my best run performances have come a few hours after eating Burger King. (Longest Practice Run, etc!)  --- The secret is a Whopper Jr Combo with Onion Rings instead of fries, my friend. Big grin

On a serious note, I have started to shift and eat better than in the past.  (More Fresh Vegetables at the house, much less Beeeeeer, etc.

The Plan (big parts)→  /// April:  Hampton, VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer (PR 80 Miles) ///  Nov:  New York Marathon  ///  Dec:  Seashore State Park 50K  ///  ∞

Better I Leave

I generally eat very well. A typical day for me is a whey protein/psyllium fiber shake for breakfast and lunch with protein bars for mid morning and afternoon snacks and a nice dinner consisting of meat and organic veggies from our garden and/or our local farms.

My guilty pleasure? Hands down is ice cream. If I open a pint of Ben and Jerry's...heh...that pint is toast. I simply cannot put it down while there is ice cream left in the container. Thusly, I avoid it like the plague. LOL!

Running Rev'd

I generally eat good types of foods - very little fast food or "junk" food. But I'm kind of a foodie, so I really like good food, eating out in restaurants, and cooking semi-indulgent meals. And I have an incredible weak spot for wine, beer, and cocktails (not all at the same time usually). Desserts I can normally pass up though.

Cook, Pray, Love

HF #2955 MM #6302

8/23 - First Olympic distance triathlon

10/19 - Toronto Marathon

I generally eat very well. A typical day for me is a whey protein/psyllium fiber shake for breakfast and lunch with protein bars for mid morning and afternoon snacks and a nice dinner consisting of meat and organic veggies from our garden and/or our local farms.

My guilty pleasure? Hands down is ice cream. If I open a pint of Ben and Jerry's...heh...that pint is toast. I simply cannot put it down while there is ice cream left in the container. Thusly, I avoid it like the plague. LOL!

Indeed.  New York Super Fudge Chunk for me personally.  ---And the fact that I can buy a pint at the Navy Exchange for 2 bucks and something cents instead of the 4+ bucks that everyone else sells it for makes it all the more an affordable pleasure. 

My wife is from Vermont and I make fun of her because we can buy Ben and Jerry's down here in VA for half the price of what she pays to get it at a store in VT.  It is usually costs about 4.50 a pint up there even though the company is headquartered nearby!)  

The Plan (big parts)→  /// April:  Hampton, VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer (PR 80 Miles) ///  Nov:  New York Marathon  ///  Dec:  Seashore State Park 50K  ///  ∞

I don't do "guilty pleasures"...  I don't particularly like the way guilt feels.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Mmmmm...beer

I'm with Cassie, I know it's just an expression, but I don't feel guilty about anything I eat.  After dropping 85lbs, I do eat a lot healthier, but I still enjoy "bad" foods, and don't feel the least bit guilty when I eat them. 

My diet now consists of mainly fruits & vegetables, followed by lean meat, with the occasional pizza or burger thrown in for good measure. Smile

-Dave

2014 Goals | sub-19 5k done! | sub-40 10k | sub-1:25 HM | BQ done! | sub-3 M

BreadFan

<-------- and beer

Butter Tart

I'm an omnivore who eats vegetarian a lot of the time (I like the term "part time vegetarian"). I am very good about keeping all sorts of healthy foods in my regular diet, from kale to lentils to flax. But I also have a sweet tooth and love to bake. So I try to abide by the 80/20 rule and make sure at least 80% of what I eat is good for me. I've suffered from an eating disorder in the past so I try to leave feelings of guilt out of it and not sweat the small stuff. I keep a food diary so I can keep an eye on my overall diet.

I call myself a "seagan"

Yeah, I'm a "seegan". Anything I see, I eat. Big grin That's why I don't have snacks or ice cream at home. If I buy it, it's gone in a couple of days.

Girl Parts

I'm probably closest to a paleo diet, though I don't really try to adhere to a "diet" of any particular kind (and I think when I see paleo people start posting things like "paleo banana bread" it's doesn't give their diet much credibility).   I am gluten-free and about 95% dairy free (cream in my coffee!) in my day to day eating, and try to focus on eggs, meat and veggies, and limit anything that comes in a box or package.   That results in a lot of time in the kitchen, but I like cooking, so it's ok.

My downside is a really bad sweet tooth.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I generally do well during the week, but when we go out to eat somewhere (usually once a week or so), is when all hell breaks loose.  Any calorie deficits I make during the rest of the week usually get eradicated on Friday or Saturday.

Weaknesses:  Breads, pasta, pizza, ice cream (sweets in general), and of course, wine.  Oh, and soft pretzels too.

lilac_jive

Jess runs for bacon

I try to eat well when it's easier for me. I attempt to eat healthy lunches during the week (to save money and eat better) and some weeknights after a run I'll have a shake for dinner (post run I'm lazy and not very hungry so it works out well). But I also really, really enjoy food and don't say no when I go out to eat. Seems to work, my weight has been pretty stable for several months like that. I could be ten pounds lighter, but it wouldn't be as fun.

I can't say no to burgers (the real kind, with bacon), pizza, and wine.

www.backuprunner.net