Things learned while running...... (Read 1931 times)

Non ducor, duco.

Have to add the Sunday is a special trail run for me so I drive. I call it "Runner's Church."
    I just drove half-way across Texas to Colorado over Spring Break and was surprised to see all the barns in the cowboy church movement. I started wonderin if anyone had thought of runner's church. Big grin Wonder what a sermon would be like?

Non ducor, duco.

Look behind you before you blow a snot rocket to make sure you don't blow it on your fellow runners. Clowning around
      There should be some instruction on how to blow a snot rocket. It aint natural for girls. Sorry to get off topic.

Double IPA Please!

I have learned that if your running with your dog and your zoned out and a squirrel runs directly in front of your path, to NOT assume your dog will remember he is attached to your arm. Black eye

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

I started wonderin if anyone had thought of runner's church.
          There is already runner's church. It is usually held on Saturday or Sunday mornings - when we do our long runs. Some people like to "worship" on other days - that's cool too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

There should be some instruction on how to blow a snot rocket. It aint natural for girls. Sorry to get off topic.
            I do believe m-f nasal plumbing is the same - unlike other plumbing, so it should be natural. Like plumbing exploration, it's basically self taught. Not like the old man ever said, "Son, you're a runner now. It's time to learn about snot rockets." Basically, apply finger to outside of non-propulsitory nostril to create seal and forcefully exhale out the payload nostril.

Member Since 2008

Cheap running shirts make my nipples bleed.

Member Since 2008

Look behind you before you blow a snot rocket to make sure you don't blow it on your fellow runners. Clowning around
                If you get hit by a snot rocket, dont freak, It'll wash out.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you get hit by a snot rocket, dont freak, It'll wash out.
                  Eryn (backroadrunner) thinks she nailed me on Saturday. She did this about .5 mile from the finish of our 15k. I got her back, though...by kicking her ass. It's good to be a sprinter. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

skinnycaponesugar

Cheap running shirts make my nipples bleed.
                    OUCH!!! Black eye Thank goodness for sports bras!

Love, Run, Sleep

Back of the Pack

I learned that taking 2 to 3 months off after running a marathon means you're starting at ground zero again for the next one. Cry
                      jeffdonahue

Fast is relative.

~Gordo~

That besides body-parts (so far), people throw just about anything and everything on the side of the roads.
                          !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~

Hoodoo Guru

In my neighborhood, the one tree planted in every yard was placed directly under electrical lines, causing some massive tree trimming this year.

The tangents are moot.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*said with a giggle* Newly patched potholes are squishy...tee hee! Clowning around

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay