What was your first music purchase? (Read 714 times)

Mine was when I was six years old....Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" single.  From then on, any money I had went to buy 45's, or if I saved up, albums.
    xor

I know what Mario Lopez' first itunes purchase was! 

Wanna know why???

Because he used my email address when he signed up for itunes.  So now everytime he buys music, I get the f'n e-receipt.  And just try to get Apple's attention for that.  Sigh.

(I'm going to guess, however, that it isn't the famous Mario Lopez)

As for me, my first purchase was the Beatles' 1967-70 double album of greatest hits.  It was on blue vinyl.  Prior to this, I got an 8-track of Boston's first album... that was the first music I called "mine".

That first Boston album is still one of my all-time favorites.

Eh, the Miami Vice Soundtrack on a cassette tape. I must have been 10 or 11.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord....ah good times.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Michael Jackson's Thriller.

+1 (!)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

protoplasm72

I know what Mario Lopez' first itunes purchase was! 

Wanna know why???

Because he used my email address when he signed up for itunes.  So now everytime he buys music, I get the f'n e-receipt.  And just try to get Apple's attention for that.  Sigh.

(I'm going to guess, however, that it isn't the famous Mario Lopez)

Because of my email address that happens to me frequently.  I use the password reminders from whatever site it is or ask for the password to be reset if there is a secret question.  Then I either log in and delete their account or if they do it multiple times I mess with them for being stupid.  Sometimes you can't delete an account so I change the password and the email address and let it be an orphan.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia motion picture soundtrack on vinyl.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

+1 (!)

You were a whipper-snapper when you got that...I think I was in 5th grade, so you were really a young'un! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

As a male who graduated from high school in 1984 (1983-84 was the Thriller year), Thriller was the album I bought but told absolutely *nobody* that I bought it.

Mama say Mama sa, Mama koo sa

But Robert no say.

12-week layoff

Styx Paradise Theatre

I was rockin' the paradise.

Menace to Sobriety

Steppenwolf Live

MTA: On Vinyl

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

It was either Bruce's "Born in the USA" or Mellencamp's "Scarecrow" on cassette.  Not sure which I got first.
                            DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I loooooved my Annie soundtrack cassette but the first purchase I made myself was likely Madonna!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

The King of Beasts

Jimmy Buffett: Somewhere Over China

on tape.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”